I promise you, Kyungsoo

Knot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Jonginie…”

 

“Hmm…”

 

“What is soul mate?”

 

Kyungsoo looked intensely at him, as if Jongin was the only important thing in the world. It’s always like that, Jongin always be Kyungsoo’s only important thing because he had no one but Jongin.

 

“Hmm...”

 

Jongin took a second of silent before he continued.

 

“It’s like a best friend but more, it’s like one person who know you better than anyone else. A person who can see your sorrow behind your smile and…”

 

“It’s a person who make you turn to be a better person. A person who didn’t need to do anything to catch your breath away.”

 

“They killed?”

 

“Hmm... Maybe. But in a good way, because you didn’t find it hurt to lose your soul.”

 

To that, Do Kyungsoo smiled, because he believed his soul mate is Jongin and he hoped it is the same for Jongin because he wanted a forever with him.

 

 

 

 

 

The air was crisp; cold like ice, and Kyungsoo would watch in mild amusement every time he exhaled, his hot breath became vapors in front of his eyes before fading away even the heater was actually turning to a suitable temperature. Wrapping a blue blanket around his body in an attempt to ward off the cold, Kyungsoo tighten his hug to Jongin, the love of his life.

 

“When will you marry me, Jongin ah?”

 

Kyungsoo cried over so many things, he cried when he got a paper cut, he cried when he cutting the onion during his first attempt to cook for Jongin, he cried when he watched Titanic even after the umpteenth times, Kyungsoo cried a lot. But weirdly, he never cried whenever Jongin hurt him.

 

“I’m not ready yet hyung.”

 

It was snow raining that night. It was really cold outside even they already put their blanket on, Kyungsoo still felt cold.

 

“Okay.”

 

Maybe Kyungsoo just need to close his eyes now and who know if tomorrow when he wakes up something good will happen to him. Because living with Jongin is like putting his heart at the middle of road, it was free and broad but actually it is so dangerous that every move can actually kill him.

 

 

 

 

“Good morning, Kyungsoo.”

 

Baekhyun greeted happily as Kyungsoo entered his café, Beary Bear Café. It was Kyungsoo’s morning ritual to drop by his café every day before the guy walked to his work place, not work place to be honest, as Kyungsoo’s office is like Kyungsoo’s playground. He did going there since he was seven, accompany his father to settle this and that, to learn those and these, sometimes Baekhyun thought the younger was just a lonely guy who trapped between responsibility and ambition.

 

Baekhyun always knows Kyungsoo wants to be a singer.

 

“It’s okay, I will just sing for Jongin.”

 

Kyungsoo smiled and grinned widely as he said that Baekhyun, not long time ago when Baekhyun asked if still wanted to be a singer after his father fully gave him the authority to handle the company. That, for Baekhyun, was the reason why Kyungsoo stopped to complain about his life was after he moved in to live with Jongin. Or Jongin moved in to live with him.

 

Baekhyun realized that his best friend changed a lot after dated Jongin. Not in a bad way though, because Kyungsoo stopped to complain about his life like before.

 

It somehow make Baekhyun worried even more.

 

“How are you, Kyungsoo?”

 

“Fine as you can see.”

 

“Coffee?”

 

“Extra creamer for today, Baekhyun ah.”

 

Baekhyun came with a cup of coffee and a slice of chocolate brownies, not a big piece, just a small piece. Baekhyun knows Kyungsoo too well that he know Kyungsoo cannot eat too much in the morning.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“So what did I need to know today?”

 

There was nothing came out from Kyungsoo but a heavy sigh, Baekhyun knew it.

 

“Did he hurt you again?”

“Hey, you made Jongin sounds like a bad boy.” Kyungsoo pouted, trying to deny and protecting Jongin, but Baekhyun also knew it too well. Kyungsoo never complained, he was too weak to even speak out what he wants.

 

“He was, Kyungsoo. Well, in case you forgot, he made you cried even when the first time you met him,”

 

Kyungsoo still pouted, showing his unsatisfied face. It was obvious he did not like it when Baekhyun critics Jongin. But Baekhyun also knew it, deep in Kyungsoo’s heart, there is a lot of things he wants to critic about Jongin.

 

“He was accidentally tripped on me and I cried because it hurt not because he was hurting me.” Still, Kyungsoo defended his beloved. Baekhyun finally gave up on it, ended up smiling to the male. “Yeah, yeah, whatever,”

 

But not long after he said it, a few second paused, Baekhyun asked again, “Are you sure he did not hurt you, Kyungsoo?”

 

Maybe it was Kyungsoo’s habit to only give up and tell the truth after the second try, and maybe, Baekhyun knows Kyungsoo too well that he knew he needs to ask again for the second attempt to get the real answer from the younger.

 

“He did not – it just –“

 

“–I’m jealous of you and Chanyeol, Baek –”

 

“–We’re date for more than three years already, longer than you and Chanyeol, but look who’s going to get married next month–”

 

“–I want to get married too, but Jongin–“

 

Kyungsoo did not continue his words, afraid he might burst into tears so he stopped talking and tried to take a sip of his cold coffee, it taste even bitter today though the extra creamer Baekhyun did put into it.

 

“He said he still not ready yet–”

 

“Did he told you the reason?”

 

Kyungsoo shook his head softly, as if his battery was already reach the lowest limit. It still nine in the morning anyway and Kyungsoo still needs to go to his office or not because he felt his crumble in his stomach and his head really felt heavy.

 

“You may think I sound so religious here but believe me Kyungsoo, if God wants you two to be together, He will move both hearts not just yours. I’m not saying that he’s not the one for you, but- see, there’s still many things that you and Jongin should figure out first. Marriage is not something you need to rush into.”

 

Before Kyungsoo had chance to reply, Baekhyun added, leaving the younger pouting again. “Don’t take me and Chanyeol as your reference because different couple different struggle. We’re starting as friend, our family knows each other –“

 

“So, you want to say the problem is because of our family?”

 

Baekhyun scoffed because he really hated it when people cut his words. Luckily this person is his best friend since childhood or not he definitely will strangle him to death.

 

“Duh. I didn’t said that –“

 

Baekhyun was cut off again when Kyungsoo’s cell phone rang and Kyungsoo gave him a signal that he must answered this call. Nodding, Baekhyun understands it. Do Kyungsoo might look so small and fragile but he is the important person in Do Corp, and his caliber and good achievement in many projects are well known among the elite community. Baekhyun is not part of the community of rich and elite people but he heard that from Chanyeol who happened to be Kyungsoo’s marketing manager.

 

Among those three who become best friend since childhood, Baekhyun believed he is the only one with less achievement and of course, less income. However he never complained, as he knows he cannot be luckier than this, to have one wonderful yoda who loves him eternally and good establish small café at the town, and a little there and here blessing is enough.

 

“I should go now.” Kyungsoo woke from his seat, after he finished the last bite of his brownies and last drop of the cream coffee. “Thank you, Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun did not do much but to smile slight and nodding to Kyungsoo. “Figure out the problem first, Kyungie. Don’t rush into things.” Baekhyun said, earning a nod and bitter smile from Kyungsoo. “Don’t make that face. Duh, it still nine in the morning and you looked like a zombie. Smile!”

Kyungsoo chuckled to that, and he nodded then, turned into his stern face again.

 

“I said smile, idiot.”

 

 

 

 

To think about family, Kyungsoo did not think it was the problem in their relationship. Jongin’s family is too nice to him, always loves him, and always offered him food and pampered him with hugs whenever they came to visit the Kim’s at their house.

 

Maybe it is not Jongin’s family, maybe it is his family. Kyungsoo then tried to remember if there were any times his family showed hatred to Jongin, but he cannot recall anything. His family likes Jongin too, and even his father had planned to give Jongin a studio for him to work to on his passion but of course, the younger rejected it.

 

The problem is not with their family. Not at all.

 

“Boss, you’re not going back?”

 

Kyungsoo did not do anything but having a staring game with the monitor as he was too lazy to done any work today. It not like anyone will scold him though.

 

He looked from the monitor in front him and gave the look to his personal assistant, Jongdae. He was the one who interviewed Jongdae before, asked his father to give the position to Jongdae even when his father doubt about the guy’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter