Chapter 6

Opposites Attract
-Y/N-



               I knocked on the door, a soft rapping sound emitting from it. Sighing, I looked down, my face flushing as I heard footsteps stop just before the door. As the door opened, I looked up, seeing a glasses-less Yukio. A strangled sound of surprise left my throat as I stared at him with wide eyes before clearing me throat, opening my mouth just slightly as I thought of what to say. A sudden blur of blue had me look beside Yukio, Rin now leaning against him, Yukio’s glasses sitting lightly on his face. Yukio furrowed his brows as I let out a soft giggle, covering my mouth in a futile attempt to smother the sound.
               “Who is it?” Yukio asked, squinting his eyes as he tried to put a face and name to the sound of my laugh. Rin laughed, teasing his brother about how blind his is with only two eyes. I reach up, taking the glasses from Rin, as sound of disappointment floating from his lips as I placed them back on Yukio’s rather annoyed face. “Thank you… oh, Y/n. What are you doing here?” Yukio raised his brows in surprise as he recognized me, gently shoving his brother away, telling him to go do his homework. My face flushed as the thoughts of last night – er, this morning – came to mind. I bowed deeply, apologies leaving my throat as I tried to think of how to explain the situation to the male; how to ask for advice.
               Yukio shifted uncomfortably, opening the door wider to allow me inside. I stepped in, pausing to turn my head to the side and look up at the taller male, tears already forming in my eyes. The greenish-blue eyes widening as he ushered me to the dining area, away from where Rin would be. I stood next to the long table, biting the inside of my cheek as I stared down at the floor, uncertain of how to start. I opened my mouth, only to close it again when I looked up to Yukio’s worried face as he stared at my cheek. I lifted my hand, furrowing my brows in confused as I pressed two fingers against my cheek, wincing as the pain shot throughout my face. I sighed, letting out a quiet and airy, ‘oh, right’.
               “I tripped and fell down the stairs,” I sighed, explaining how I had gotten the bruise, “My face hit the railing… resulting in this, among many other bruises.” I flinched as I remembered the long staircase.
               I then began to explain the entire event; starting with the pictures, ending to how I asked Rin to walk with me at two thirty am. Yukio nodded, not needing as much convincing as Rin had. Although, Yukio knows me much better than Rin… it wouldn’t have been the first time I tripped and fell down stairs, not to mention I’m extremely bad at lying and Yukio’s memorized my every repeated action that takes place while I lie.
               “That must have been why he was harder to wake up than usual,” Yukio thought out loud, staring towards the stairs Rin had run up earlier.
               “Yeah… well, that’s not really why I… c-came here.” Yukio’s gaze was ripped from the stairs as he stared at me in shock, not used to me stuttering anymore.
               “W-well, you see…” I trailed off, face flushing as I tangled my fingers together and looked to the side, embarrassed to tell my best friend I had kissed his elder brother and run off. Then ask for advice. “I k-kind of… I-I mean…” I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to form the sentence in my head before I stumbled over my words even more, “I kissed Rin and ran away.” I squeezed my eyes shut tighter; my entire face burning; my entire body feeling numb. The air stilled and silence followed my words.
               A light chuckle sounded in my ears, which soon turned into outright uncontrollable laughter, causing me to crack an eye open, then completely relax and stare at the male whom was now doubled over in laughter. I frowned, biting back a smile as I placed my hands on my hips, struggling to glare at my best friend. “It’s not funny, Okumura!” I puffed out my cheeks, crossing my arms and looking off to the side, refusing to look at the male.
               “I-I can’t believe,” Yukio started, his laughter dying down, though amusement still laced his voice, “You ran away.” I sighed, letting my arms fall to my side as I sat down, placing my arms on the table and resting my head atop them.
               “I don’t know what to do, Yukio.” I whispered, watching the male’s face go from amused to serious. He sat across from me, taking my hand in his and placing his other on my head. I focused my gaze on his eyes, searching for an answer.
               “You just need to talk to him,” Yukio soft, reassured smile made me nod, believing every word he said. Yukio removed his hands from my body, leaning back slighting and gesturing to the stairs, his smile growing wider as my cheeks flushed. Tears pricked at my eyes as I got up, leaning over the table to hug the younger Okumura twin.
               “I love you, Yukio. You’re my best friend, you know?” I whispered as he wrapped his arms around me, a soft chuckled escaping his throat.
               “Only a best friend? And here I thought we were family.” He laughed, a teasing tone in his voice. I pulled away, placing my hands on his shoulders.
               “That too!” I said, my serious tone catching Yukio off guard. He ruffled my hair, a smile gracing his features.
               “Love you, too. Now, go talk to Rin. You have to sort things out; I don’t want my brothers being awkward together.” I nodded, taking off up the stairs, smiling at the fact that Yukio had called me his brother.

               I stopped, staring at the body hunched over at a desk, trying to concentrate on homework. Staying silent, I took a step into the room, my breath hitching as a sudden sense of nervousness washed over my body, causing it to tremble. I watched the navy haired boy scratch the back of his head, trying to figure out the answer to a question, though not having an easy time of it. Smiling slightly, I took a few more steps, walking deeper into the room.
               Now only a few feet away, I stared at the back of Rin’s head sadly, suddenly doubting myself. I have to do this. I can’t back down now, not when I’m so close. I reached out, tapping Rin on the shoulder as my face flushed a dark red.
               “Rin?” I asked, my sudden touch causing him to jump. The taller male turned around quickly, swinging his leg over the chair so he was straddling it, facing me whilst pointing an accusing finger my way.
               “You shouldn’t scare people like that!” Rin attempted to scold me, causing a small giggle to escape my throat.
               “Sorry, Rin… I just really needed to talk to you,” I smiled, tilting my head to the side slightly. Now, form your words properly. I mentally prepared myself as Rin tilted his head questioningly, showing he was listening, “A-about um… th-this morning…” I trailed off, my face heating up once more.
               “This morning? But you just got here… we didn’t see each other earlier.” Rin furrowed his brows, trying to remember what he possibly could have missed, “Unless… that wasn’t a dream…” Rin’s face exploded into different shades of red, staring at me with wide eyes as he spotted my bruised cheek, “So, that wasn’t a dream…”