Chapter 1

Opposites Attract
 
-Y/N-

 
        “Ah, Rin?” I whispered, poking the usually energetic boy with my index finger. I’ve known this boy for roughly three months now. Apparently he only just started going to this school this year, unlike his brother, Yukio, who’d been here for a couple years, same as me. It’s now November, and the leaves are changing beautifully.
        “Rin..?” I whispered once more, staring down at the sleeping boy. He’s going to catch a cold like that. I frowned, pulling off my jacket and placing it over him. If I can’t wake him, might as well cover him up a bit.
        Yukio wasn’t here today, so I figured Rin would be home as well. But maybe Yukio isn’t sick, and just has other things to take care of. Oh well, I’ll just wait for Rin to wake up. I can as him then.
 

        I leaned closer to the still sleeping boy. It was starting to get dark, which means it’s also starting to get cooler. I feel as though I should wake him, but his sleeping face is so peaceful. It’s adorable, really.
        “Y/n..?” Rin groggily opened one eye, his sudden movement causing me to jump. Rin lifted him right hand to rub his eyes as he yawned, sitting up slowly. My jacket slid down his abdomen, causing him to take notice. “Uh… here…” Rin picked my jacket up sleepily, placing it around my shoulders and giving me a tired smile.
        “You’ve been sleeping for hours.” I mumbled, turning my flushed face away from the taller male.
        “Eh, seriously!? Oh crap, Yukio is gonna kill me!” His hands flew to his forehead, the force seemingly pushing him as he let himself fall backwards, landing on the cool, leafy ground.
        “S-sorry… I should have woken you up…” I said, barely audible above the wind, though I knew Rin would hear me. He has impeccable hearing.
        “No… don’t apologize. It’s not your responsibility to wake me up… plus, I’m a pretty heavy sleeper,” Rin flashed his famous crooked smile, causing my heart to skip a beat. Out of all the guys in this school, Rin has the most amazing smile. Every time I see it, my heart beats faster. Though, it’s not like I like him. I’ve vowed not to like him. I’m just his younger brother’s awkward best friend, so it’s not like I’d ever have an actual chance, after all.
        I just offered up a weak smile as Rin stood up quickly, holding his hand out towards me, indicating that I should take it, which, I did. Rin pulled me up hastily, and I had to make a visible effort not to topple over onto him. He let out an awkward chuckle before turning around and walking away. I just stood there, watching the taller male walk away from me. Well, that is, until he turned around.
        “Hey! Are you just gonna stand there? C’mon!” a smile grew on my face as I quickly walked over to him, following him back to the building he shared with his brother, Yukio.
 

~•🌟•~
 
-Yukio-

 
        “What are–” I cut myself off, staring at the two boys passed out on the floor. Rin had skipped class today, but I guess this must be why. It’s four am, and I’ve just arrived home, only to find Y/n passed out while leaning against the bed, and Rin passed out on the floor roughly a meter away from him.
        Rin was snoring slightly, curled up with a blanket. Y/n probably placed it over him when he fell asleep. I laughed lightly, contemplating whether or not I should wake them. While I was trying to decide, Rin rolled over closer to Y/n, nearly banging his head off the leg of the bed. Y/n’s eyebrows furrowed, as if he were concentrating on something, before he fell. I jumped, startled by the suddenness of it, but my look of surprise soon turned into a soft smile.         The two boys were now practically curled up together. They almost look like a loose, human version of the yin yang sign. Chuckling, I left the room, flicking off the light switch, and deciding I would go make breakfast, and give Rin a day off.
 

~•🌟•~
 
-Y/N-

 
        I woke up with a start. I could feel my face contorting with confusion as I looked around, lazily rubbing my eyes. My mind was groggy, but I could feel it beginning to work properly once again. Where am I? My eyes stretched wide as I racked my brain, hoping I didn’t do anything stupid. Oh right. I was with Rin… waiting for him to wake up. This is Rin’s and Yukio’s room. Why am I here again? Oh. Right. I was helping Rin with his math homework. And then… what happened after that?  The hand I had been leaning on slipped, causing me to fall slightly, only to be met with warmth and the faint smell of some sort of food. My eyes widened once more, and I quickly pushed myself up. Right. Rin fell asleep… I put a blanket over him… and then read a book. I must’ve fallen asleep while reading… I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks, and I jumped up, deciding I needed to get out of there as fast as possible.
I ran down the stairs, skipping every other step as I did so, nearly falling when I reached the bottom. I’ve been here all night. It’s already light outside, for goodness sake.

        “Y/n?” a voice called out behind me, causing me to stop in my tracks. I looked over to see Yukio setting a few plates of eggs and sausage, along with three small bowls of rice and three cups of steaming hot tea on the table. “I was just about to come get you and Rin.”
        “O-oh… umm…” I stumbled over my words, trying to find an excuse to leave right this very minute.
        “Who was cooking..?” I heard a voice groggily mutter from behind me. I whipped my head around, my blush oh-so-obviously growing darker. I watched as Rin rubbed as his eyes, trying to wake himself up. He looked into the dining area, his face brightening immediately. I could practically see the drool dribbling over his lip.
        “Well, c’mon you two. Get it while it’s hot!” Yukio smiled, Rin darted over, digging in right away. He’s probably starving, since neither of us ate last night. I hesitated, but decided to sit beside Yukio and eat, as it would be rude not to.
        And that’s how my awkward Saturday started.