Who are you ?

The Man from Nowhere.....

Dark. it's dark. And cold, the wind is blowing oustide and comming in by the broken window. He can't move because of the chaines holding his hands and feet. "Boum" he hears a sound, the cold is getting worse, maybe it's because the door is finally open. He hears steps comming closer. The person is close to him now, he can't see because it's dark. There's some ruffling noises and a thud. The person leaves quietly, he did not even said a word. It's always like this. Once in a while someone comes in and gives him foods and water. The person doesn't say anything, he doesn't remember since when it became like this. He remember of that one time that person came in for the first time, with another man a man he knew but now, it's been so long he doesn't remember who it was. The person was in shock to see what was going on but his boss, the man Gary knew calmed in down and gave him order to come by and give food and water. At first the person refused but the man, his boss threaten him and his family. The person had no choice. The only thing Gary remember is that during the first few times the person came, she always appologized to Gary. "I'm sorry" the person would say and leave after giving him food. As time pass, the person stopped to speak.

Gary leans a bit in front with his only hand unchained and starts to patt the floor around to find his food. While patting around, he felt a sharp pain in his hand "AAAHHH" he yelps and takes his hand back. He feels there's someting stab in his hand, maybe a peace of glass. But he can't take it off because his other hand is chained. As time pass, the pain starts to decrease. Time after, Gary can't tell how many hours, days or weeks passed before the person comes again. After seeing his hand, the person approches him and takes his hand, he takes out the peace of glasse. The sharp pain comes back "AAAAAh" Gary yelps again and faint.

-----------------------------

-"Gary-ssi ? Gary-ssi wake up" he hears a voice. A voice he heard before. He opens his eyes and jumped out of surprise when he sees a woman next to his bed. He tries to sit down and looks at his left hand, tied to the bed. He looks back at the lady, she's wearing a white coat.

-"Gary-ssi, do you remember me ? I'm Dr. Song Jihyo your psychiatrist. You're in Yoo hospital in Seoul. How are you feeling today ?" she looks at him with her big round brown eyes.

He remembers it, he remembers he woke up and jumped on her, he remember she untied his feet and right hand for him to be comfortable and she gave him food. Rather good food.

-"So are you ok ? Did you slept well ?" she asks and he looks at her with round eyes. "Not talkative hu" she smiles. "Well, you're vital are good and doctors are going to come and check up you"

Gary looks surprised at the anounce of other persons. "Don't worry, nothing's gonna happened to you. You're safe now" She says positivly. "It's a bit dark isn't it" she says as she goes toward the window and opens the curtains. "Andwae!" Gary says out loud. "Oh I'm sorry" she says as she closes back the curtains.

-"So you were used to be in the dark ?" she asks and he noods. "Ok, I'll advert nurses to not open it" she smiles. Just at that moment HaHa and JongKook enter the room.

-"Patient, good morning" both bow at the same time. Gary suddenly back off a bit in his bed.

-"Gary-ssi, everything's gonna be ok, this is Dr. Kim JongKook, he's a general surgeon, and he's Dr. Ha Dong Hoon, cardiac surgreon. Dr. Kim was with me and help me take you out of the mountain. Dr Ha is the one that check on your heart. You're fragile and we need to check on your health" she says and her calm voice rassures him.

-"So his name is Gary ?" HaHa asks and Jihyo noods "That's what we believe for now" she says.

-"Jihyo, you unchained him ?" JongKook frowns and looks at Gary. Gary frowns: "Jihyo?" Even if he's been in that place for long, he doesn't know for how long but he remember that to call her by her name and not Dr. Song, he must be close to her.

-"Yes I did, he wasn't comfortable and I gave him food, plus we should untie him properly. He's been calm till yesterday" she says.

-"Can I see you for a while ?" JongKook asks and Jihyo follows him outside of the room. Gary follows Jihyo with his eyes. He can see Jihyo and JongKook arguing outside. HaHa approches him: "Well, I guess I'm gonna start my check up first then" HaHa smiled to the man.

--Outside the room--

-"Jihyo, are you crazy how can you untie him ? He's violent and dangerous, we know nothing of him"

-"Dr. Kim, let go ok, I made a jugment and I don't think he's dnagerous, he's mostly lost"

-"We had a deal, I did not say anything to your father about what happened but you kept him tied"

-"Ya Kim JongKook !"

-"You're father would kill me if something happen to you ok ! Let me see your neck" he says as he looks under her turttle neck. The wound looks a bit better but it's still visible. Jihyo pulls back up her turtle neck. "Aish, you were less anoying when we were child". "JongKook-ha, trust me ok ! I'm a doctor" she says and he noods. "Ok but if he becomes violent again I'll call the police right away !"

-"Deal" she says and enters the room again with Jongkook.

-"Well, Gary-ssi I'm going to check on your wounds" he says, Gary let him do but never leaves him from the corner of his eyes.

 

After the check up, the three doctors get out of the room and talks together oustide of the room.

-"He's still really weak and lack of nutrition, vitamins and muscle strenght. I can also see on the CT we did yesterday that his stomac got smaller, it proves he hadn't been eating properly for long. He still has under nutrition and malnutrition but we can't give him lot of food to eat because of his small stomac. We'll essentially feed him by IV and slowly we'll raise the amount of food we'll give him" JongKook says as their trying to make a treatment protocol together.

-"His heart is not really strong either. I can see that from the lack of nutritive food and the lack of exercices his heart melt, his heart's walls are thin. I know he'll need to exercise in order to get rid of his muscles stifness but we need to warn the physitherapist who's gonna make him work to go slowly and to not force him if it's to hard. Also to always monitor his hearbeat during the exercises" HaHa adds his conclusion after the checkup. 

-"Well, I don't think he's mentally ready to move away from his room yet. I think that first we should put him under IVs to feed him and I'll keep trying to know who he i. When I'll see he's ready I'll find a physitherapist to take care of his musles stifness" Jihyo tells them.

-"Jihyo-ya, KwangSoo told me you put your hoobaes in charge of your other patients. I know you seemes intrested in his case but you can't leave your others patients either" HaHa friendly warns her.

-"Don't worry oppa, I'm not 24/7 with him. I've asked KwangSoo and the other to help me because I have a lot of patients but I'm still supervising them all and still goes and take care of my patients" she smiles and rassures him.

-"Well, that's good then. You know..." HaHa says while looking at Gary by the glasse door "I don't know why but his face seems familiar to me.. Like... I don't know I feel like I've already seen him before" HaHa scraches the back of his head as Jihyo and JongKook look at him wondering. "Is it just me ?" HaHa laughs and the other noods. "Yeah, just you !" JongKook pats his back and leaves.

-"Well, I have patients to take care of.. See you later Jihyo" HaHa says and leaves too.

Jihyo enters back Gary's room.

-"So Gary-ssi, should we start ?" she tells him as she enters and he looks at her surprised.

-"I mean, your therapy. I'm going to find out everything about you" she smiles and approches his left hands, tied to the bed. He stares at her and lets her be. She unties his hand.

-"I'm sorry I had you tie for so long when you're wrists and ankles are already hurt. But I needed to be sure you're not a danger for youself or for other" she says as she sits on a chair next to his bad, her paper pad in the hand and her pen in the other.

-"Gary-ssi, I know by the state of your body that you've been in that place for long. So I guess you may not have a lot of memory of before you end there and you may not even know how many times as passed since you were inside am I right ?"

Gary noods. "Great, you're respondive today" she smiles. Gary feels his heart beat faster. He doesn"t know what's wrong with him, nor why the corners of his lips are trying to rise up when she speaks to him.

-"Gary-ssi, In order to find answers, I know you must want to find who you are, and what happened to you, so I need you to tell me everything you remember and to narrate me your days, can you do that ?" she asks with a soft and sweet voice he had to smile.

He doesn't know why but he agrees to speak to her. He finds her voice rassuring, he feels like she's showing care for him.

He doesn't know where to start but he starts anyway: "I.. have food sometimes by someone bringing it to me" he says and she writes down every words.

-"Do you know who's bringing it to you ?" she aks but he shakes his head. "I don't remember the name, nor the face" he says and she noods for him to keep going.

-"It's cold... often... and.. I don't know" he gets frustated to not have any memory. She lands her hand on his: "It's ok, Gary-ssi, don't get mad at yourself" she smiles and takes her hand away. Just when she was about to ask another question, someone knocks at the door. It's Ji SukJin.

Jihyo sees him and gets up: "Omo, Ji detective" she says and he enters the room shaking her hand. "Can I talk to him ?" he asks and she noods "Yes, he is counscious but please to not urge him, he doesn't remember anything". SukJin noods and walks toward Gary.

-"Good morning Mister. I'm Detective Ji SukJin, I'm in charge of your case and I'm gonna find everything that happened to you. Can you tell me your name ?"

-"Gary" he says.. "I think, it's Gary".

-"Gary ? What an unique name. Do you know when you're born ?" SukJin adds but Gary shooks his head. "I don't know".

And SukJin kept asking questions which Gary did not know how to answer. After a while SukJin asked to take a sample of DNA in order to hope to find Gary's identity. Gary adrees and waiteds for Jihyo to comes back in the room.

After SukJin got his sample, he left for the police station. Jihyo got back in the room.

-"Gary-ssi, should we talk a bit about how you feel ?" she smiles and takes back her seat next to his bed.

-"So... How are you ?" she says and Gary shrugges. He doesn't know who he is, how old he is, nor what's his history. He surely has not think about how he feels.

-"Are you confused ? Afraid ?"

-"I don't know" he simply answers. "I like your smile" he suddenly brusts out. She's surprised by his comment but smiles back anyway.

-"Well.... I did not excepted this but thank you" she says and he looks down, a bit embarrassed by what he said.

-"I meant, do you know how you're feeling ? Do you feel anything ? Are you a bit scared to be here ?" she keeps asking and writing down things on her paper.

-"I don't know. I don't know how I feel... I don't know who I am. I don't know anything... I don't feel anything" he says and she writes down. He frowns a bit and she sees it.

-"Ah.. this. Don't get a wrong, I'm just writing your state in order to work together on your condition. It's not anything bad, or not a test" she smiles and explaines herself. He noods his head heavily, feeling tired from their talk and his check up. 

-"Well, seems like you're tired. I'll let you rest" she says as she stands up her chair.

-"No" he says and that surprises her, she turns back to looks at him.

-"Is there anything you need ?" she asks.

-"Can't you.... Stay ?" he asks and when he sees her surprised face he adds: "I mean... It's been a while since the last time I spoke to someone" he says and she smiles to him.

-"I have others patients to check on, but I'll came back as soon as possible Gary-ssi. You look really tired, I think you should rest, it's the effect of the drugs and your body's condition that make you sleepy. You shouldn't fight against tiredness. Rest and I'll be back before you know it" she noods her head and smiles.

He noods and smiles back. It feels good to speak to someone. He totally forgot how it felt to have someone smiling to you.

She leaves to work with other patients and he leans back on the bed and closes his eyes.

In the corridor she smiles alone, Gary's words repeat in her ears, "I like your smile".

------------------------------

Three days as past, since the day SukJin came. Jihyo kept her counsuling with Gary and JongKook and HaHa kept checking on his condition. To their dispear, Gary's health condition wasn't recovering as fast as they hoped.

-"So how are you today ?" she asks as she enters the room and immediatly a smile forms on his face but he doesn't answer her question. 

-"So... Should we talk a bit about happiness today ?" she asks as she sits on the chair next to his bed.

-"Do you remember something, a memory that makes you happy ?" she asks and he thinks about it, then a smiles forms on his face and he noods.

-"Can you share it with me ?" she asks and he starts: "I remember... Me being a kid in a garden and my father is trying to teach me how to ride a bike. But I fell in a puddle and he starts to laugh at me, saying that in all place I could fall, I had to fell in a puddle. And I laugh with him"

-"Can you remember how old you are ? Or maye the place ? Or you're father's name ?" she aks but Gary shakes his head.

-"I don't even remember his face. I just know he was there, it was him and I just hear his laugh" Gary sighs. But Jihyo cheers him up

-"That's already a good thing ! You said you had no memories but see, you have some. Eventhough you don't remember you're birthday or your full name, you still have childhood memory and happy one !" She smiles at him, he smiles a bit but stops and tells her:

-"I also know that my father is no longer alive"

-"Ah... I'm sorry." she says, "Do you remember when he died ? Or maybe from what ? That could help us finding who you are !"

-"I... I think he died when I was 16... But that's the only thing I remember, he had a strike, I don't remember the date" Gary says saddly.

-"I see... I'm sorry"

-"You have nothing to be sorry for" he smiles at her. "You're helping me... I'm the one that should be sorry. I'm taking your time but I can't help you in your task as I don't remember anything... Plus... I hurted you" he looks down.

-"Don't Gary-ssi !" she says and he looks back at her. "You shouldn't blame yourself for your condition, it's not your fault to not remember ! I believe Detective Ji will find what happened to you ! And.. About this story, it's ok, I don't blame you either. It's was a natural reaction taken to what you lived. You were lost and felt in danger. That's the human nature to try to protect himself" she says sincerly and puts her hand on his.

He looks at her and with his other hand touches her cheek. They look at each others when suddenly they get surprised by a knock at the door. Jihyo pushes herself backward and stands up quickly. "Yes ?" she says as she goes to the door of the room and opens it. "Thanks god the curtain were closed" she thought to herself and sees in front of her Detective Ji.

-"Detective" she says and bows.

-"Dr. Song, I need to talk to you. I've heard you are in charge of our lost man" he says and hands his hand for her to shake. She noods and follows him oustide the room, she closes the door behind her. Gary's following her every movements.

-"Dr. Song, I've got a result to his DNA result. I know who he is and I'll need to have another talk with him"

-"Really, that's great. So what's his name ?"

-"He's Kang Gary. He's the son of the former Kang Industry's CEO, Mr. Kang HwangMin" Jihyo's eyes get bigger.

-"But how ?" she asks and she's interrupted by Ji SukJin.

-"He's been missing suddenly when he was 16 years old. 6 months after his father died, it was in 1999 in this hospital" SukJin says.

-"Are you kidding me ? You mean he's been missing for 16 years ? He's been in this mountain for 16 years ?" she asks him with anger in her voice. Not angry toward Ji SukJin, but she can't imagine living in thoses conditions for 16 years.

-"Yes... Apparently yes. I don't know where he's been but after our technic team inspected the house, we can assures you he's been living there for at least 14 years. Science doesn't lie" SukJin sighs.

-"16 years.... That's why he doesn't remember anything. And that also explaines why he doesn't want us to open the curtain, why he can't look outdoor"

-"Do you think I can go in and speak to him. I would like to reveal him his identity and ask him more question. I need his doctor agreement" SukJin says and waits for Jihyo's answer.

-"We'll go in but I'll tell him his name. We have to do this in a very cautious manner, we can't shocked him, he's still really weak physically and mentally" she says and both enter the room...................