I found a boy....

The Man from Nowhere.....

[1999 Seoul. Yoo hospital]

-"how is he doctor ?"
-"I’m sorry mrs Kang… we did everything we could but were not able to bring your husband back. I’m sorry for your lost" the doctor bows and the woman fell on her knees.
-"Omma!" Gary hold his Mother shoulders while crying.
Gary is a young boy of 16 years old. He is the heir of the big Kang industrie In Korea.
One day, is father died from à strike. At only 16 years old, Gary is the owner of the compagny. Being too young and still studying business Gary and his Mother decided to ask Gary’s uncle, Kang SangWoo to be temporary the Ceo the compagny with a delimited contract of 3years.
SangWoo gladly accepts.

6 months after his father died, Gary suddenly disapear.

After a full year of investigation with no result Gary is considered as “absent”
 

Absence is the legal terme for a situation where someone stopped apparing to his house, school, workplace... in conditions that makes it impossible to tell if that person is dead or alive.
In this situation, in a first time, the family of the missing person go to a court and ask a judge to note that the missing person is, after lot of investigations, still nowhere to be found and is "absent". With that first notification of the judge, it makes it easier for the family to take care of the property and heritage of the missing person.

10years later, If the person hasn’t come back, the family goes to the judge and the judge declares the absent person dead.

 

[2015, 16 years later. Seoul, somewhere in the Mountain.]


-"Aish.. My ankle hurt, I must have sprain it when I fall. why is this trekking road like this, I’m sûre it’s too dangerous to be legal" Jihyo went trekking on monday as she finally had à day off. But as she fall and hurt her ankle, she’s having a hard time keeping it up. She’s looking for a place to rest to get dôme strenght back and find her way back home. She’s on shift tomorrow she can’t be lost in the Mountain.
Finally, behind lot of trees she found à old and rusted house. It’s really small, durty and scary but she really needs to find a place to rest. She walks to that house and enters is. The door is locked but as she doesn’t think it belong to someone she turns around to find a way in. Lucky her, she sees a window half open. She pushes the window and climb inside the house. It’s durty inside too and there is no electricity. She takes out her phone and use it as a Light. Looking à bit around she srunches her nose as it stinks inside.
She walks a little more in and suddenly she stops in her track. What she sees horrify her. How can this be….. ????

A durty man is lying on the ground, he is wearing bedraggled clothes and has no socks, one of his wrist is attached with a metal chain, and it’s the same for his two feet.
He seems uncouncious, she slowly and carefully approches him. Once she’s close to him she takes his pulse. "-thank god he’s breathing-" but his pulse is weak and the man is totally cold. She needs to bring him to the hospital. She looks around the room and found something to cover him. She immedialty goes outside and takes her satellite phone. -Her father is a security freak and order her to have that phone everytime she goes hiking because he knows there’s no service in the Mountain. Jihyo starts to call her uncle.
-”Yobuseo ?
-”Appa ! It’s Jihyo
-”Oh Jihyo-ya what’s wrong
-”Appa I need you to send the hospital helicoptere to me in Seoul’s mountaines, I’ll send you my position with what’s written on my compass. I have à man here, he’s breathing hardly, he’s in hypotermia and needs help right away.
-"Arrasso, send me the position I send it to you right now."
___________
After her call Jihyo went back to the man, after 9minutes, she heard the helicoptere and went outside the house.
Her collegue, Kim JongKook got off the heli and went to her.
-”Where’s the man ?
-”He’s inside come here quick” she runs to the back of the house to get in thought the window.
-”serioulsy ?” JongKook asks.
-”Yeah the door is close and the Guy is enchained, Do you have what I’ve asked for ?
-”yeah, I have it. So it was to cut the chaines
JongKook cuts the chaines and helps Jihyo to put the unkown man on the stretcher. Both held the stretcher and get out of the crappy house and get one by one in the helico.
On the way to Yoo hospital, Jihyo admisted care to the unknown man, she put him under oxygen mask and cover him with survey blanket.

They arrived in the hospital.
-”Jihyo !” Yoo JaeSuk comes to her as the helicoptere drop itslef on the hospital rooftop.
-”Appa, the man is in bad shape !
-”Let’s hurry and get him inside, I’ve called the police, they may want to here the story from you Jihyo, Dr Kim, let’s take him inside fast
-”Yes director !
The three of them push the unknown’s inside in an emergency room to provide him the care he needs. After, they put him in an ICU room.
Soon after, police men arrives. JaeSuk helps them to find Jihyo and they interrogate her about how and where she found him.
-”So you say he was chained ?” Detective Ji SukJin asks her.
-”Yeah, both wrists and ankles
-”Is it possible to see him, we first need to know who he is to find what happened”. The Detective asks.
-”No, i’m sorry but the patient is in a serious state. He has hypotermia, deshydratation, muscle stiffness so we can tell it’s been a while he is there. He also has malnutrition et under nutrition, fever and he is still uncouncious.” Jihyo says.

-"I'm sorry detective but we'll sure call you when the patient is awake"

-"Yes, thank you doctors, we'll starts our investigation in the mountain. Doctor Song, I'll take your number we may want to hear your story again and I'll give you my number in case you remember anything odd".

-"Yes, of course sir". Jihyo said as she handed her card at Ji SukJin and she gets his card.

-"Dr. Song can you check on the patient, call me when he's awake and start his psychiatric diagnosis"

-"Of course Director."              

[Jihyo's JaeSuk's daughter but as she's working in her father's hospital she took her mother's family name and both are calling themself director and doctor song during work hours]

_____________________________________________

Jihyo was checking the unknown man's lung with her stethoscope and his iv when suddenly, when he felt Jihyo's hand on him the unknown man finally woke up.

The man opened his eyes and looks at her. When she sees he's awake, Jihyo smiles at him. 

-"Sir, you're awake. You're at Yoo hos-"

Jihyo could not finish her sentence, the unknown man jumps out of his bed on Jihyo, he pushs her violently on the floor and with himself on her her screams and starts to strangle her.

-"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" The unknown man's screaming while strangling Jihyo. She tries to push him but he's stronger than her. She puts her hands on his hands around her neck and tries to push his hands. She looks at him in the eyes and she has fear in the eyes. She is struggling and feels she's getting dizzy. Still debating she lows down her eyes to the man's neck and suddenly she sees a necklace. It's a gold necklace the man had under his shirt so she did not see him earlier but as he jumped on her, the necklace must have jumped out of under his shirt. "GARY" it's written. Jihyo guesses it's his name.

-"---Ggg---Ga....Ry...Gary-shii..." she tries to call him by his name to calm him down. When he hears his name with her small voice he starts to let go of her neck. He looks at her in the eyes. Fear. Confusness. Wonders. Loneliness. Fear. That's what she sees in his eyes.

At the same time, JongKook and HaHa sees the scene from the hall and rushes to help Jihyo. They enters the room and JongKook jumped on Gary tackling him down, away from Jihyo. Gary starts to get violent again and started to fight against JongKook when HaHa takes advantage of JongKook's hold on Gary to administer him a sedative. Gary fells alseep right away. While JongKook is lying Gary down on the ground, HaHa runs toward Jihyo.

-"Dr. Song are you ok ?" HaHa helps Jihyo to sit down and starts examinated her neck.

-"...I'm....O..k. Ok" Jihyo says as she takes her breath back and pushes HaHa's hand.

-"What's with that guy? Is he crazy ? Let's calls the police right away !" JongKook growls.

-"No.. no wait" Jihyo says in a low voice as she prohibit JongKook to calls the police.

-"Wait for what doctor Song, he tried to kill you !" JongKook growls again, annoyed.

-"No, he did not !" Jihyo defends Gary.

-"What ? Doctor Song have you bang your head ?" HaHa asks her.

-"No, he did not try to kill me, he was defending himself, he was scared" Jihyo says firmly. The boys look at her weirdly.

-"Listen, help me to put him back on the bed" she says as she goes to Gary and tries to carry him. Seeing her HaHa and JongKook went to help her. They put back Gary in his bed.

-"I'll go see Director Yoo" JongKook says and Jihyo stops him.

-"Don't do that doctor Kim. Let me handle this case ok. Pretends you haven't see anything guys ! I'm serious ok"

-"Ya, Jihyo-ya !" JongKook yells at her, "You're father's gonna get crazy when he'll learn this story"

-"Don't tell him, I'm handling this ok ! He's not dangerous, he's just... lost and affraid. He needs help and I want to know his story. I'm the psychiatrist doctor here ok, this is my diagnosis so just go back to your shift and let me handle my case" Jihyo says as she's starting to loose her patience. She doesn't want her patient to be charge of attempted murder, she knows something happen, she saw in which place he lived, she doesn't know for how long nor why, she doesn't know his story nor his full name but she's curious, she wants to know and she wants to help him. She thinks he's gonna be an intresting case.

-"Arrasso, Jihyo-ya, then at least let's tie his wrist and feet to the bed. For security reason, we cannot leave you alone with him like that" HaHa committs to her but gives his conditions.

Jihyo takes time to reflect on HaHa's proposition. He's already been tied, won't that be scary for him again... But she can't take the risk to be attack again. She noods at HaHa and they ties up Gary.

-"Come on, let us at least gives you a check up" HaHa says and put his arm around her shoulder. He's a cardiac surgeon and one of her friend.

After getting her check up and showed HaHa that she's ok, Jihyo went in the lockers room. She changes her top for a turttle neck top under her white blouse in order to hide the big purple wound she has on her neck. "If dad sees that I'm dead" she sighs and leaves the room. Gary should be awake by then so she goes to his room.

In the corridor, she meets KwangSoo, he's one of her subordinate doctor in psychiatric. "Ah, dr. Lee, come here for a while" she calls him.

-"I'll be busy on a new case, I want you to order the other and to take care of all my other patient for today. You don't need to do anything special excepted for administer them their medication and call me if anything happen"

-"Yeah, I understand chef " he bows and she leaves him to go and see Gary.

-------------------

Arriving in his room, she sees the man has his eyes closed. She enters silently the room and closes back the door, she also closes the curtain to be sure nobody can see what happen in the room. She knows she's taking a risk of something bad happen again but as he's tied she believes it's gonna be ok.

-"Mister.... Can you hear me ?" she askes and sees the the man doesn't open his eyes.

-"Gary-shii ?" she tries her luck, wondering if it's his name. And it works, the unknown man opens his eyes and looks at her worried and surprised. There also is a tint of anger in his eyes. He tries to sit down on the bed but can't as he's tied.

-"I'm sorry, I had to tied you up... I'm sorry. I'll untie you if you talk to me"

He looks at her and frowns. She approches him and sits on a chair next to his bed.

-"So, my name is Song Jihyo, I'm a doctor, to be specific I'm a psychiatric doctor. I'm the one who found you in the mountain. And for now, you're my patient. We're going to work together to figure out the situation" she explains a little bit and looks carefully at his expression. His face doesn't show any feelings, it's like he's listening to her but not understanding what she's saying.

-"So, should we start ? What's your name ?" the unknown man doesn't answer.

-"Are you Gary ?" she keeps on and then she sees, in his eyes he is surprised and by his face she knows she's right.

-"So you're Gary.. Ok that's a good start. What's your family name ?" she tries to continue but he just looks at her.

-"Do you understand what I'm saying ?" she asks again and he still has no reaction but just after he tries to adjust himself and can't do it because of the ties.

-"If you tell me your name i'll untie you a bit, you'll be more comfortable" she says and he looks at her.

-"Is your name Gary ?" she asks eventhough she's almost sure of it but she still wants to hear it from his mouth. Instead of answering, he looks at her longly and finally noods a bit.

She smiles at him, it's a smart, a slow and little one but it's still a starts.

-"Ok, and what's your family name ?" she asks but he looks at her and frowns his brows. Finally he shruggs his shoulder.

-"You... You don't know ?" she asks and he noods again. "Do you know how old you are ?" she asks but the man looks elsewhere, as if he's embarassed.

-"Well... It's ok if you don't know..." she smiles to him and he looks back at her. She stands from her seat and as promises she's going to untie his feet for him to be able to be more comfortable in the bed. As she's standing up and walking at the end of his bed Gary's gaze never leaves her.

When she's about to touch the ties on his left foot, Gary moves violently. She backs off as she knows she scared him. "Abused" she thinks, "he must have been physically abused". She looks at him and waits a little for him to calm down before speaking.

-"I'm sorry, I've scared you. I'm just going to untie the rope ok, I'll untie your feet because you answered my question. I keep my words" she tries to be as rassuring as she can. "Can I approch you and untie your feet ?" she asks. He looks at her blankly and seems to consider the question. Finally he noods and she slowly walks toward him again. She slowly untie his left foot, then his right foot. Once she did so, she immedialty returns to her seat.

He looks at her and rises up a little bit his hands. "Hum" he groans, wanting her to free his hands. She looks at him with sympathie.

-"I'm sorry, I can't untie your hands right now. I need to know you a little bit more, do you remember what happened earlier ?" she asks and he looks down.

-"I know you didn't mean to hurt me" she says and he looks back at her, "but looks" she says as she put down a little bit her turttle neck and shows him the wound she has on her neck. His eyes grow immedialty and he has an appolegetic looks on him. "ho...hum..ho" he 'says'. She looks at him and smiles.

-"It's ok, I know you were trying to protect yourself, you didn't mean it. It's ok we'll work on that, I'll help you to control yourself" and she puts back up her turtle neck.

-"Gary-shii, do you know from how long you've been in the mountain ? In that small house ?" she asks but he shakes his head.

His face is heartbreaking, he can't seems to speak, his eyes are sad, scared and lost. It seems like he has never smile. Once again, he shooks his head.

-"I see" Jihyo sighs but quickly enough, she smiles back at him "Do not worry, we'll find anwsers to our questions" she is positive.

-"Are you hungry ?" she asks and looks at him. Hunger is a word Gary totally forget, always being hungry you get use to it and stop to feel hunger anymore. And it goes the same with being thirsty. He doesn't answer to Jihyo and she gets up.

Five minutes later, Jihyo comes back with a plate of food. She gives it to him with the bed table and she looks at him, pondering.

-"Gary-shiii, I'm going to untie one of your hand for you to be able to eat ok ? Are you right handed or left handed ?"

Gary looks at his right hand and Jihyo smiles. "Ok, I'll untie your right hand, but you have to promise me you won't try to hurt yourself, nor you'll try to hurt me ok ?" she says and waits for his answer. He looks at her and noods slowly. "Good" she noods and goes to his right "I'm going to untie your hand. Don't be surprised" she says as she untie his hand and back off after. He looks at her and then at the food. "Oh, I forget to give you the spoon, wait a minute I'm going to take you a spoon" she says as she goes in the corridor to take a spoon on the food tray. Once she comes back in the room Gary's already eating with his hands.

-"Gary-shii don't eat with your hands" she says as she hands him the spoon, "take this".

He looks at her a few second and goes back to his food, eating with hands. "I guess he wasn't given spoon to eat in there, he had both hands and feet tied, seeing of slim he is he wans't even getting food" she thinks and she watches him eating and let him be, eating with his hands. "We have a long way to go" she thinks to herself and sighs at Gary's distress.

 

So here I am with a new story. This story won't be too long and won't be update right away because I'm having important exam till january. I'm really busy studying and working so cannot right a lot this days.

Tell me if this seems intresting for you guys. And if there's mistakes I'm sorry I'll look for it later ^^