Our time

Rewind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything was in a tornado. The faint sounds of the duck's quacks drowned and transformed into a high pitch shriek. The tornado engulfed me making my stomach knot and turn upside down. I felt gravity pulling me towards the centre of the Earth. Sudden bursts of rainbow lights blinded me before everything turned pitch black.

 

The sound of silence woke me up. I opened my eyes to see myself in the on the same park bench. I recognised the muddy grounds and the polluted pond. Everything looked the same. I couldn't help but feel disappointed with the result.

 

“Ya Jiyong. Help me feed the ducks!” called Chaerin.

 

Chills ran down my spine. I jumped back to see Chaerin crouched on the floor while she watched the ducks vigorously savouring the scattered bread crumbs.

I rubbed my eyes with disbelief.

Is this really happening? Am I really hearing her voice?

My heart was pounded so fast that I almost felt it jump out of my chest. Goosebumps prickled against my skin. My chapped lips were quavering. In fact my whole body started to shake uncontrollably. Without a second thought I hugged her, trapping her into my arms. The sudden gesture scared the ducks away.

“What are you doing? You never show public affection.” Chaerin blurted.

I ignored her and continued to embrace her. I felt her warmness travel to my body. This warm feeling I desired returned to me.

“What is going on? Is this a prank?” Chaerin asked. Chaerin’s gleeful face transformed as she noticed the tears slowly dribbling down my cheeks.

“Omg, why are you crying Ji?” Chaerin delicate fingers wiped the sad tears in my eyes as I locked my arms around her, afraid that she was going to disappear any minute.

“I’m so happy to see you…” I cried.

“Ji…are you ok?” Chaerin asked.

“Please don't leave me,” I whispered.                

'I will never leave you,"

Her soothing voice calmed me down. I was bursting with happiness, almost as if firework exploded inside of me. I felt my human soul lurking back to my body. Her gentle touch was what I needed. Being with Chae was what I needed. 

 

Tick tock tick tock tick tock

 

The time travel button continued to tick like a death bomb. The sounds of the watches tormented me but that didn't stop me from spending time with Chaerin. Deep down I know I don't have much time left. 

From the far distant I could see a white figure-an unusual person dressed in white with a white mask. The only thing that wasn’t covered was its crimson eyes. I blinked to see if my eyes were deceiving me but within seconds he was gone. 

 Every hour and every second was not wasted. I never left her out of my sight. She would stop to admire the natural scenery and I would always be there right beside her-taking in her breathtaking beauty.

 “Ji... don’t you have to prepare for work?”

“Forget work. I want to spend my time with you, ”I said boldly.

“But Ji…you’re the manager…” Chaerin voice trailed off while giving a worried glance.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter