chapter 8

Beastly Love Part 2

He’s handsome, gorgeous and eye catching. But he’s totally not my type. Not the fact that AJ is my boyfriend, something about him bothers me. After we went shopping, Lee Joon dropped us home where all of the Beast guys were waiting.

“Ya! Where have you been?!” Doojoon stood at the doorstep, hands on his waist.

“Secret!!” the three of us exclaimed.

“Aish…Didn’t you know that I was worried with you Sooyoung?”

“Mianhe oppa. We were just having girls’ time.” she hugged him playfully and he smiled.

“Oh how sweet!” I laughed at them and went to AJ. He stole a kiss from me which caused me to blush hard. Then we heard Lee Joon cleared his throat.

“Oh, guys. Meet my cousin. Changseon!” Erika dragged him forward.

“New guy! I’m Yoseob.” He grinned.

“Hey.” Doojoon nod his head. “These are my friends. Gi Kwang, Junhyung, Dongwoon , and Hyunseung. We are called Beast.” He smiled.

“Beast is the best!” Yoseob laughed.

“Sounds cool. So, do you bite?” Joon asked jokingly. We heard Hyunseung snickered.

“Only if you steal our girlfriends.” AJ laughed. I looked at him with a glowing face.

“Now you know my friends? By the way, Changseon is my half cousin. He’s not really a real son of my uncle but I treated him as one.” Erika said.

“I hope you treat me well too.” He bowed to us.

“By the way, where have you been huh?” AJ asked me.

“We toured Erika around Seoul. And that’s how we met Lee Joon.” I told him.

“So how do you like Seoul?” Junhyung asked her.

“Seoul is very beautiful! I wanna live here forever!” she happily said.

“You’re gonna love Jeju Island more. It’s a city here in South Korea.” Hyunseung explained. It was my first time hearing him talks in a long sentence. “It’s a fishing port but you’ll surely love it there.” He smiled. How lovely.

“Wow! I wanna go there someday!” Erika clapped her hands.

“Why not next week?” AJ said. All of us cheered.

“Make it next, next week!” Yoseob protested.

“Waeyo?” I asked him.

“I have cooking competition that week and I can’t go with you.” He pouted.

“Yoseob-ah, you’ve been there a hundred times. Isn’t that our meeting place?” Doojoon said.

“Don’t worry Yoseob, we’ll come back there again.” I told him.

“Oh. I also have a family meeting next week and I think I can’t adjust my schedule anymore. Sorry guys.” Dongwoon said.

“I don’t really like riding in a plane - so maybe next time, when I feel better.” Hyunseung said. But we just laughed at him.

“So the rest will go.” AJ said.

“Yay! I’m going to be with my oppa whole week!” Sooyoung hugged Doojoon. He smiled.

“____, can Changseon come with us?” Erika whispered to me. I asked AJ and he was okay about it since he’s our new friend and he seems nice.

“Sure. He can come.” He said. I looked at him and smiled, but not wholeheartedly – like I wasn’t happy about his decisions.

As we were watching a movie, I went to the kitchen to get some more snacks. I realized that Junhyung was behind me.

“Junhyung-ah, what’s up?” I asked him. He went near me and leaned on the counter.

“I have a bad feeling about the new guy.” he said. I looked at Joon from a distant, laughing with my friends.

“Lee Joon? I think he’s nice. He looks like he can’t hurt a fly.” I told him.

“You’re right but he can hurt your heart.” He said,

“Junhyung!” I exclaimed. “That’s not nice. You don’t even know the guy yet.”

“Well, do you? I know those types of guy. He’s nice at first, but next. No one knows. Just watch out ____. Someday you’ll thank me.” then he left. I sighed.

The next day, I visited the orphanage. For the last two years, every two months, I sent big amount of money for them. And eventually, the place was better and it looked like a real house. As I stepped at the entrance of the gate, Sujung, my favorite girl ran to me and gave me one of her bear hugs. I almost fell but luckily I balanced myself.

“Unnie!!! Yay! You’re finally home!” she exclaimed.

“Sujung-ah! I’m not done with you yet!” Then I heard Minhyuk as he was coming out from the door.

“Oppa! She’s here! Unnie is back! I told you so! I know she’ll be back!” Sujung said to him. Minhyuk couldn’t believe it in his eyes. He went to me and welcomed me open arms. The rest of them went to me.

I decided to visit the place where AJ and I met first; the top of the hill. When we came back from Canada, the two of us went here and did what we always do. I sat down there and recalled our past.

Flashback

I was happily singing while playing my guitar when I felt a presence behind me.

“It’s beautiful.” A guy stood at my back with a guitar hanging in his back. “Your voice.”

“Uhm, thanks.” I replied shyly.

“So uh, are you composing a song?” he asked. I nodded.

“You’re good.” He smiled with a heart-breaking feeling. I smiled.

“Know what? I’m not here to offend you or anything but… this is my territory. I mean, I get to stay here all the time and I told someone to let people know that this place is prohibited. How’d you got here?” he asked.

“Oh. The ahjussi down at the village had told me that it is great up here. I was curious. He didn’t tell me anything about rules.” I defended.

“What else did he told you?” he asked.

“He told me I’ll meet someone up here.” I said and he just smiled.

“Is that so?” he was grinning. “How interesting. So I guess you ‘re meeting him now.”

“You’re the one?” I exclaimed. “Do you own this?”

“Anio.”

“Well then take a seat!” I stood up and offered him a seat beside me.

“I’m okay. Ladies first.” He said offering his hand. But I refused. I’ll never take or touch anything from a stranger. So I asked his name as we settled down below the tree.

“What’s your name?” I asked.

“Gi… AJ. A lot of people call me AJ.” He smiled again.

“Aah. Lemme guess, you used to live in America? Am I right?”

“Yep.” His eyes curved down as he smiled. “How ‘bout you? What’s your name?”

“Me? I’m ____.”

“Cute name- for a cute girl.” He said. And for the first time in my whole 19 years of existence, my heart began to beat fast and I began to blush so red.

Present

I will never forget that day; especially when he would compose new songs and sing it to me. Sometimes, stories he just made up. Not knowing that those songs and stories were for me. Or should I say, about us.

Flashback

“Uhm, I was wondering if I already told you one of my stories?” he asked.

“Not yet. Tell me!” I smiled excitedly. *still holding your hand, unknowingly*

“Okay, have I told you the part where the girl gave cookies to the boy?” he asked. I shook my head.

“The girl was good at anything. And one was baking. So she decided to bake some cookies for the boy. He is very special to her and she was wondering how the guy would react if he’ll receive the cookies .The day when she gave him the cookies, it made him like her more. So, one night when the boy walked the girl home, he said something.”

“What was it?” I was very interested with his stories.

“First, I want you to imagine that I’m that boy and you’re that girl.” He said and I nodded.

“ ’You never fail to amaze me with your charm. I dunno if it’s some kind of your spell that’s making me weak and fall so freely for you.’ The girl was motionless, unable to speak. She guessed that she was also falling for him.”

“ ’You’ve fallen for me?’ the girl clarified to him. Then the boy walked towards her; like this.” AJ walked to me and I could feel the heat of his body generating a warm and relaxing feeling on mine.

“Then what?” I asked him. He put his finger on my lips. Then, he smiled seductively.

“ ’You’re making me want you; night and day. Please be mine.’ The boy said to the girl.” He continued.

Actually, I’m not really sure if he’s still telling me a story cause from the way he’s speaking, it’s like he’s talking to my soul.

“ ’I hope you won’t get mad if I do… something.’”

“What was that something?” I couldn’t wait for the ending.

AJ leaned down to me and reached for my cheek. He pressed his warm lips there and let it rest for a moment. My heart- that was beating very fast before he kissed me- stopped. And I couldn’t move a bit. My whole body froze.

Snap out of it, ____! He’s just narrating you a story! With a bit of acting. But it seemed like it was true; or even a reality. He really went overboard with his story. Finally, he broke the sweet kiss and faced me.

“What do you think of the story?” he asked me, smiling like that kiss was just nothing.

“It was… uhh, okay. Very realistic, AJ.” I chuckled nervously. He smiled and his palm patted my head. “You know, you should go now. It’s getting dark.” I pushed him away gently.

“Okay, ma’am. You should rest too.” He left me a smile that I’ll never forget for the rest of the night. He drove away leaving a heart-shaped smoke from the carburetor of the motorcycle.

Present

Then I heard footsteps. I turned my back and was surprised to see Lee Joon behind the tree where I was standing.

“Joon? What are you doing there? How did you know this place?” I asked him.

“Actually,” he chuckled handsomely. “I followed you all the way up here.” he was still panting but he still looked so handsome.

“What are you doing here?” he asked me.

“AJ and I used to hang out here. This is the place where we met.” I told him.

“Anyway, I was wondering. Which one is really your boyfriend?” he asked. I was taken aback from his question.

“Which one from who?”

“Gi Kwang and Doojoon of course. You seem as close with Doojoon as you are close with AJ.”

“AJ is my boyfriend. Doojoon is my best friend.” I clarified.

“Oh I thought Doojoon is your boyfriend. You and your AJ don’t seem so sweet and romantic with each other.” He said.

“I don’t like guys being sweet.”

“Then why do you still stick with Doojoon? Isn’t he being sweet to you?”

“I don’t like this anymore. I’ll see you next week.” With that, I left without another word. Is he trying to make me reveal everything about my past?