Final

Lost and Found

 

Strolling in the park with his son and pup has been a weekly routine for Jongin. Every Saturday afternoon, he makes sure to spend time with them to make up for the time he spends working at the photography studio his friend owns. Being a single dad is not an easy task, but Jongin has learned to accept and love his destiny. He’s just thankful that he still has his own family, consisting of his parents and his two loving noonas, who continues to support him especially in his current condition.

 

“Daddy!” a tiny voice screaming, followed by a giggle and a bark at the side courtesy of Monggu their pup, distracted Jongin from his thoughts.

 

“Yes, tae?”

“Taetae wants some ice cream. Can taetae and monggu have some?”

“Ofcourse baby, what flavor do you want?”

“Hmmmm, can I have some strawberry?”

“Okay, but will you be a good boy and stay here and play with Monggu while I go buy you some ice cream? I’d be sure to get you some extra sprinkles and marshmallows if you do!”

“Yes daddy!!”

“Alright, I’ll be back in a few minutes. You behave alright? And remember what I always say, never talk to strangers!”

 

And with that, Jongin strolled towards the small ice cream store near the park.

 

//

 

Like any other kid, Taeoh is a kid full of curiosity and a little patience. So when Monggu started to walk away from their spot, tugging the kid with him, little Taeoh decided to follow the pup.

 

After a minute of wandering, Taeoh found himself in an unfamiliar place. So like what every other kid does when they find out they’re missing, he cries.

 

“Daddy!!!!”

 

He wailed, looking for his daddy but found him nowhere. Monggu, clueless of what is happening, just stared at him and started barking which of course made the boy panic a little more.

 

//

 

Kyungsoo just finished having his lunch at a fast food nearby. He was thinking of what he can do during the remaining time of his lunch break, maybe he can research for some new recipes to add to the menu of his slowly rising bakery, or maybe not; because just as he’s reaching his workplace, he heard a little kid wailing and a dog barking non-stop, and when he rounded the corner, he found the exact cause of the sounds. Seeing that the kid has no one with him but a brown pup, he started assuming that the kid is lost, so of course, like the good citizen that he is, he decided to help the kid.

 

“Hi kid, where’s your mom?”

“W-who are you? Daddy!!!!”

“Hey, calm down..” Kyungsoo panics, not knowing what to do when the kid cried harder.

“I WANT MY DADDY!!”

“Will you stop crying for me if I help you find your daddy?”

“B-but daddy said I should not talk to strangers. I don’t know you, I want my daddy!”

 

At the side, the brown pup started barking at him too, perhaps thinking that the strangers is harassing his master and Kyungsoo almost groans out of frustration, but he calmed down as he didn’t want to scare the kid and the pup some more.

 

“Shh. Stop crying, I’m not a stranger, you can call me Kyungsoo hyung.” Kyungsoo lies. At this point, he’d do anything just to stop the little kid from wailing. The people on the streets are starting to look at them and it’s starting to get a little embarrassing.

 

With that, the kid calmed down a little, and when he did, Kyungsoo heard the kid’s stomach grumbling and an idea popped in his head.

 

“Taetae is hungry.. Taetae wants daddy…”

“Hey how about this, I’ll buy you some bread and then we’ll go find your daddy afterwards?”

 

Taeoh stares, contemplating whether he should listen and go with this Kyungsoo hyung, but he seems nice and the kid is really hungry and lost, so he said yes.

 

“But how about Monggu?”

“Is Monggu your pup?”

“Y-yes..”

“We can take Monggu with us of course, I won’t mind.”

“O-ok..”

 

Feeling a little bit accomplished, Kyungsoo held Taeoh on his left hand and Monggu’s leash on his right and they started walking towards the bakery.

 

//

 

After fifteen minutes, Jongin finally exited the ice cream store. The store was surprisingly full today because apparently, they were having a promo. He was happily holding the cups of ice cream in his hands, thinking how happy Taeoh will be when he found his cup full of his favorite toppings, while he walked back to the park. But when he got to the park, it was surprisingly peaceful with no squealing and running Taeoh or barking Monggu in sight and he began to panic. He called for his son and pup’s name and got no response. He began walking towards the streets and asking people if they saw a kid or a puppy but unfortunately got no good response as well. As he rounded the corner, he threw away the cups of ice cream on the nearby trash bin (well who needs them when his kid and puppy is missing) and started fishing out his phone in his pocket to call for his parents or noona and report the incident but stopped when he saw a glimpse of a white dog through the window of a….. bakery?

 

When he turned around, he saw Monggu and there, sitting in a chair, happily munching on a piece of bread is his son Kim Taeoh. Sighing in relief, he quickly entered the bakery and went straight to where his son is sitting.

 

“TAEOH!”

 

Hearing his dad’s voice, Taeoh looked up and there, he saw his dad looking a bit angry.

 

“Daddy!”

“Why are you here?! Oh God, I thought I lost you, didn’t I tell you to wait for me at the park?!”

 

Out of his frustrations, Jongin didn’t realize his voice starting to get louder which of course scared his baby, and the kid started to sniffle.

 

“B-but daddy, Taetae just followed M-monggu.. and then I was walking and I-I didn’t see you anywhere and I started crying and Kyungsoo hyung found me and h-he said he will help me find you, daddy..”

“Who is Kyungsoo hyung? Didn’t I tell you not to talk to strangers?!”

“B-but Taetae was hungry daddy, ‘soo hyung promised to help me after he b-buys me bread! I-I’m so sorry daddy, please d-don’t get mad at Taetae!”

 

And with that, the kid started wailing out of fear. Jongin, hearing his kid wailing, started feeling guilty when he realized he scared his kid with his loud voice. He couldn’t help it, this was the first time that this happened and he thought he would lose his kid.

 

He sat beside Taeoh and brought the kid to his lap while trying to calm him down from crying.

 

“Shh. I’m so sorry Tae, daddy’s not mad, you just made me so worried, I thought I lost you..”

“I-I’m sorry d-daddy, I p-promise I-I won’t do it again!”

 

Just then, Kyungsoo went out of the kitchen area to bring more bread for Taeoh when he saw the kid crying in a man’s arms. He went closer and cleared his throat to get the man’s attention and when the man faced him, he started blushing because wow, this man is hot. Blinking, he tried not to focus on that but on the fact that this man seems like Taeoh’s dad and he probably has a wife.

 

“Excuse me sir, but are you Taetae’s dad?”

“His name is Taeoh, and yes I’m his dad. Are you perhaps the Kyungsoo hyung he’s talking about?”

“Ah yes, I’m Do Kyungsoo. Nice to meet you, I found him crying at the corner of the street while I was on my way back here and he was screaming for his daddy.”

“I see, I’m Kim Jongin. Thank you so much for helping him, I specifically told him not to talk to strangers but it seems like you’re good at persuading children,” Jongin said in a teasing voice.

“I’ve been told that a lot of times but basically, Taeoh’s hungry so I persuaded him by telling him I’d buy him a bread when I heard his stomach grumbling and when he said yes I brought him to my bakery..” Kyungsoo replied shyly.

“Woah! You own this bakery Kyungsoo-shi?”

“Ah please don’t be so formal, you can call me Kyungsoo hyung since you look like you’re younger than me, and yes I own this bakery, I started the business just a week ago actually”

“Hyung? I’m 24, and no offense but you look like you’re 18 or something to me.”

“Hey! For your information, I’m actually twenty five!”

 

Amused, Jongin starts laughing at how Kyungsoo acts. He’s twenty five but he acts like he’s ten, how cute, he thinks. He laughed louder when the older started pouting at him. Definitely cute.

 

When he finally calmed down, he apologizes and sat Taeoh down on his seat and took Monggu to pet the dog instead. Taeoh continued munching on his food and Kyungsoo put the new set of bread he brought down the table. He went back to the kitchen area to get Taeoh some drink since the kid requested while Jongin tried the different types of bread laid on their table.

 

After assisting his workers (aka his friends) with the customers and getting some water, Kyungsoo went back to Jongin’s table to find all the breads gone and Jongin and Taeoh’s mouth full. He snorted as he found the scene endearing and very cute.

 

“Do you want some more?” He said, laughing.

“Ahh… no, I’m sorry they were just so good I can’t help myself, and Tae seems to like them so much too, so yeah..” Jongin said sheepishly.

“It’s fine, I’m glad you liked them. You both are really father and son, you’re so alike.”

“Well yeah, I think he has acquired my attitude and actions since it’s basically just the two of us together most of the time, except when he’s with my parents or noonas of course.”

“Where’s his mom?”

“I’m actually a single dad, hyung.”

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that.”

“Nah, I’ve accepted that fact a long time ago. His mother left him with me when he was born and she never came back so I and my family took care of him ever since. It’s a pity he doesn’t have a mother figure, but my mom and noonas managed to take care of that part so far, although I wish he could have an official mother figure or something to be honest..”

“It’s alright, you’ll probably find a girl who will like and love you and him someday, considering how kind and attract- I mean yeah, you’ll find someone someday.” Kyungsoo said, embarrassed on his slip up.

Jongin laughed, “So cute. Thanks hyung, but uhm, a year ago I just found out I’m not so into girls, I mean, Taeoh was kind of an.. accident? Since it happened while we were drunk so yeah, but that doesn’t mean I love him less, he’s still my son and I don’t really consider him an accident but a blessing despite of how he was conceived, that’s why I convinced his mom not to abort him, and somehow I managed to so that’s why he’s here. But yeah, like I said, I’m gay so I hope you’re not homophobic or something.”

“I see. No I’m not, I actually swing the same way, if you get what I mean.”

 

Jongin was about to respond when he noticed his son starting to doze off on his kiddie chair. He felt guilty, seeing how he almost forgot about Taeoh since he was so busy talking to Kyungsoo. He picked Taeoh up and settled him on his arm so the kid can sleep properly.

 

“Uhm, it was really nice meeting you Kyungsoo hyung, and I would love to talk to you more, but Taeoh is sleepy since it’s his usual nap time so I really need to go. Again, thank you so much for helping him, I seriously don’t know what I’ll do if I lost him. Uh, how much do I owe you for everything we ate?”

“Jongin you don’t have to pay, consider it a treat. Do you need help in getting home? It’s hard to walk around with a child in your arm and a dog on the other.”

“Do you mind? I live just a few blocks away but it’s actually kinda hard like you said.”

“Sure, let me just get something on my office.”

 

The walk back Jongin’s apartment was full of stories on both sides. When they reached their destination, Kyungsoo found that Jongin lives just a block away from him and when he told Jongin about it, Jongin can’t seem to stop himself from grinning.

 

“Well then, do you mind if Taeoh, Monggu and I visit you some time? I mean Taeoh seems to really like your breads, and well, I just thought, maybe, uhm..”

 

Kyungsoo laughs at how embarrassed Jongin looks, he thinks he has an idea where this is going, and he’s really hoping he’s right.

 

“Of course you can Jongin, do you think you can give me your number so I can text you my address or something? You can visit me tomorrow you know, if you’re not busy or something. I can bake or cook something for the both of you, and I also have a dog named Jjangah, maybe Monggu can play with her too.”

“Great! I m-mean, yeah, that’s good, I’m sure Taeoh would love that, and I would kinda like that too, yeah..”

 

Snickering, Kyungsoo handed Jongin his phone and they exchanged numbers. The older then bid his goodbye since he needs to go back to the bakery and take care of some things.

 

//

 

It was night, and Jongin just finished tucking Taeoh to bed. He took a shower and went to his bed, readying himself to sleep, when his phone buzzed on his bedside table.

 

From: Kyungsoo hyung <3

I had a great time with you and Taeoh awhile ago. I can’t wait to see you tomorrow. Please come at 11am, I’ll text you the address. Goodnight Jongin, sweet dreams :)

 

That night, Jongin dreamt of a happy family having a picnic at a park, consisting of his son, Monggu and a certain doe eyed baker.

 

 

----------------------

A/N:

Prompt is from @raanmouri on twitter, thank you for letting me write your prompt, I hope you liked this! 

----------

Hi guys, I'm back (well, kinda)!!! It's really been awhile since I last posted a fic, and it's not really because I'm busy (I am but yeah), but I was just not in the mood to write anything for the past months..

Anyway, you can enjoy this fic for now! Comments are always welcome and loved!

Oh, and talk to me on twitter (@qaisus)! Love y'all :)