Mixed-up Confession.

Rain Drops Keep Falling On Me

Yoseob’s POV

 

“Alright. Pick up your courage now, Yang Yoseob...” I muttered under my breath.

 

I took three steps forward.

 

“Brrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinggggggggggg”

 

I took another two steps back in shock and hid behind the lamp post.

 

Damn. Why must all the school bells in the world ring at the most awesome timings!?Sense my sarcasm tch.

 

‘Let’s have a heart to heart to heart~’

 

Oh, how timely! The phone chooses to join in the fun at this time.

 

“Hello..?” I answered.

“Yah! Yoseobbie, where are you? It’s the second day of our holidays and you’re not sleeping in? What a model student you are!” Kikwang’s familiar voice could be heard from the other end of the line.

“I’m out running errands for my mum” I whipped out a lie that could easily pass off.

“Hurry home! I’ll be waiting for you. I don’t have practice today~” He sang in a delightful voice.

“I’ll try to… I’m hanging up now.”

“Ne~”

 

I cut the line and headed for the school gate as I spot all the students flocking out.

 

‘You can do it!’ I cheered for myself silently.

 

I stopped a petite girl who seemed like a junior.

 

“Excuse me, but do you know Lee Ji Hyun?” I asked politely.

“Ji Hyun unnie?” She repeated after me.

“Ne~” I confirmed.

“She’s in the Home Economics room now…” She pointed to somewhere that seems like the third of fourth floor of a nearby building.

“Sorry but I’m not familiar with this school… Can you please get her for me? Pretty please?”

“Err… I…” She hesitated.

“I really have something important to tell her. Please!” I clasped my hands together and pleaded her.

“Ne, oppa…” She ran off with blushed cheeks.


Ji Eun’s POV

 

“Why did you not focus on lesson? Why are you playing ‘Temple Run’ on your phone during class, Hyun-ah?” I asked frustratingly.

“Mrs Bae was so boring to listen to!” She complained.

“I managed to pay attention; why can’t you?” I retorted.

“You’re a mugger, I’m not!”

“Look what we have now. Tons of leftover bowls and pots to wash. On top of that we have to mop the floor too” I wrinkled my nose at the thought of it.

“You’ve always been doing this at home, so why complain?” She stated nonchalantly while scrubbing a pot by the teacher’s sink.

 

“JI HYUN UNNIE! THERE’S A CUTE GUY LOOKING FOR YOU! HE’S WAITING AT THE GATES!!” Our favorite junior, Minyoung, yelled crazily and barged into the room.

 

“Cool down, dear. What’s wrong?” I asked while patting her back.

“There’s a cute guy waiting for Ji Hyun unnie. There, at the main gate” She pointed out.

“Thanks, Min” Ji Hyun winked and ran to the window.

“OMOOOOOOOOO THAT IS THE OPPA I SAW THAT DAY!” She buried her face in embarrassment.

“Did you do something weird in front of… Yoseob oppa!?” I exclaimed after I walked over to the window and saw who was waiting.

“You know him?” Hyun narrowed her eyes at me.

“I… Wait. What did you do in front of him?” I asked back.

“Remember that night when I was dead drunk?” I nodded.

“He saw me lying on the streets and sent me home.” She finished off her confession.

“Yah!” I smacked her in her .

“Owwww” She whined. “I’m sorry~”

“So what now?”

“I’m not going out there to meet him! I’d die of embarrassment!” She exaggerated.

 

I narrowed my eyes as i predicted the words she's going to say.

 

“So, my dearest twinnie shall meet him for me.” She announced proudly.

 

‘Argh! I knew it’

 

“But that’s cheating unnie… He said he had something really important to tell you!” Min mumbled.

“See? Even a junior knows that’s wrong, Hyun” I shook my head disapprovingly.

“Now, let’s see...” She started again, completely ignoring my words.

“Your fringe” She pushed my bangs into a side fringe.

“Your specs” She took off my geeky black specs.

“Unnie! You look exactly the same now!” Min squealed in excitement.

“Success!” Hyun punched her fist victoriously into the air.

“Except for the butterfly hair pin” Min pointed out.

“It’s fine. He never saw me in school before so there’s no need to be that specific” She reassured Min.

“I never agreed with any part of this plan!” I attempted to snatch back my specs but I failed.

“Wait unnie! If you said he hadn’t seen you in school before, you don’t even have to take off Ji Eun unnie’s specs right?” Min analysed.

“Oh right. Clever girl” Hyun ruffled Min’s hair.

“Min..” I snarled.

“Now, you’re ready to go” She gave me a slight push out of the door. “Min-ah, can you Ji Eun unnie for me?”

“Ne, unnie~ Have a nice day” Min hook arms with me and ran off, with me trailing behind her.

“I’LL GET YOU FOR THIS WHEN I REACH HOME I SWEAR LEE JI HYUN!” I screamed in fury before disappearing through the corridors.


 

“Oppa!” Min called out once we reached the school gate.

 

I looked down and refused to face him. It’d be awkward.

 

“Thank you”

“I’ll be going now, unnie!” Min wanted to leave but I stopped her.

“Stay with me, Min”

“It’s not a good idea! What if it’s something personal? Alright, I’ll get going now. Bye oppa, bye Ji…” She met my eyes.

“Hyun unnie” She chuckled and ran off.

“Remember when I said I’d help you with your music project?” I nodded.

“I’m halfway through it” I nodded again.

“But I couldn’t continue anymore” I looked up

“Why?” I asked with my head tilted.

“You kept coming into my mind and I can’t focus any longer” He started. “And I realize I’m falling in love with you a little bit more day by day.”

 

I lowered my head to hide my blushing cheeks while desperately gasping for oxygen. After what seemed like eternity, he spoke again.

 

“I love you, Lee Ji Hyun.” I looked up once again; this time, I met his eyes.

 

They were so sincere. What should I do?

 

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

“Ne..” I answered in a daze.

 

‘It was supposed to come out as ‘ne..?’ not ‘ne~’.. Oh dear, what did I just do!?!?’ I covered my mouth in shock.

 

“Really? Oh my!” He grabbed my shoulders.

 

‘Should I just play along..?’ I looked up at the Home Economics room and saw Ji Hyun gesturing me.

 

“Silence means consent, right?” He asked once again.

 

I kept quiet.

 

“Yah, that’s Ji Eun but he’s calling her Ji Hyun!” I heard someone nearby mumbling.

“OMOOOOO the twins made a fool out of him and he doesn’t know it!” Another voice spoke.

“Poor oppa~”

 

My guilty conscience was making me more sensitive to my surroundings.

 

“Remember when I told you you had to return my favor of helping you write the song?” I nodded yet again in my state of daze.

“Have a date with me. That’s all I’m asking for”

“I don’t know…”

“Just say yes, will you?”

“Yes..?”

“Good girl” He ruffled my hair.

“Yoseob oppa, I…”

“I’ll get going then! I’ll pick you from home tomorrow at 7! Do you need me to send you home again?” He giggled.

“It’s fine, I can go home by myself, oppa…”

“Take care, alright? See you tomorrow!” He waved lightly and left afterwards.

 

Everything was happening too fast for me to digest it properly. Whatever just happened back then? He confessed, yes. I accepted, yes. I even agreed to his date, in the name of Ji Hyun. This is so crazy. Hyun’s gonna kill me.