Official meeting.

Rain Drops Keep Falling On Me

Yoseob’s POV

 

“Brrrrrrriiiiiiiinggggggg”

 

The incessant ringing of the dismissal bell was starting to irritate me.

 

“Seriously, this damn bell.” I hissed.

“Chill, Seob. Why are you so hot-tempered these days?” Kikwang asked while packing his writing materials into his back pack.

“Everything seems to be getting on my nerves nowadays, I don’t know”

“You’re too stressed out…” He stopped halfway as he caught my glare.

 

Well, he knew better to shut up so I was pretty thankful. Now, the damn bell just needs to stop ringing. Hmph.


 

“Hey Seob! I’m heading to JYP for practice” Kikwang informed me once we were out of the school gate.

“Go ahead” I gestured for him to leave.

“Be careful! It’s gonna rain soon, I can sense it!” He said with an exaggerated expression.

“Whatever, get going or you’ll be late” I urged him.

“Oh yeah. Kay, see you tomorrow alright? Bye-yeom!” He glanced at his watch worriedly while running away from me.

 

I strolled home while listening to heavy metal on my iPod, with both my hands in my pockets.

 

“Why is it… Raining.” I sighed as I felt water droplets falling on my head. I just hope it's a light drizzle so I can make it home in time to study

 

I closed my eyes and picked up my walking speed. As if on cue, the rain grew into a pour.

 

“Whoever who said walking in the rain is romantic and stuff like that is a retard, seriously! I have to find shelter fast; This downpour is spoiling my earphones! ARGH”

 

I ran around searching, desperate for a shelter. I finally found what I was urgently looking for in front of a café. I kept myself busy for a few minutes, dusting my school uniform. Just then, I heard a clear and crisp voice despite the loud pitter patter. It was humming a soft melody. I looked around but there was no one. I continued scanning the area.

 

Then I saw her. A person in ‘Dongdeok Girls’ High School’ uniform.

 

Ji Eun’s POV

 

“Ooooh! It’s raining!” I squealed excitedly.

 

I always adored the rain. Do you like romance movies? Those that the male and female leads reunite heartwarmingly in the rain. Or those whereby the male and female leads kiss in the rain. Yes, I totally love those movie scenes to death. It’s sooooooooo romantic. So my cup of tea.

 

I continued my tracks; The rain didn’t stop me from heading home. I hummed a melody, written by yours truly in music class that morning. Just then, I felt a pair of eyes on me. I scanned the area.

 

Then I saw him, staring right at me, clad in a ‘Ahyun High School’ uniform.

 

My heart skipped a beat, or two, I don’t know. The next thing I knew, he pulled me under the shelter while I was still in my state of daze.

 

“Are you crazy? You could’ve caught a cold if you continued staying out there!” He chided, like a loving oppa reprimanding his dongsaeng for returning home late.

“I-I-I’m sorry..?” I stuttered.

“Don’t be. You didn’t do anything wrong towards me!” He laughed, probably at how silly I reacted. “Why were you under the rain by the way?”

“I kind of like walking in the rain; it’s romantic” I blurted out.

“Silly girl. Here, use this” He dug out a clean white towel and held it out to me.

“Thanks” I peeked at his name tag. “Yang Yoseob oppa”

 

I took off my spectacles and wiped my face with it.

 

“Hey, I remember you! You’re that girl! Do you remember me? We met a few days ago, outside the supermarket. Remember?” He asked, wide-eyed.

“I didn’t go to the supermarket this whole week! I think you got the wrong person”

“Coming to think of it, you changed hairstyle, haven’t you? You had a slanted fringe that day.” He smirked.

“What’s wrong with you? I’ve always had bangs!” I stared at him weirdly.

“Oh whatever” He looked away, irritated.

 

Ooops. I hope I didn’t make him angry with that rude remark. >-<

 

“Do you want coffee?” I offered politely.

“I don’t drink coffee” He raised an eyebrow.

“Me neither. Hot chocolate?”

“Let’s go”

 

With that, he dragged me into the café.


Yoseob’s POV

 

“I’m 16, what about you?” I tried to cook up a conversation after our order arrived.

“15” She looked down and stirred her hot chocolate quietly.

 

It’s either she’s an introvert or she’s just not interested. Sigh. I was trying so hard, too hard.

 

“Let’s be friends; since fate brought us together” She held out her hands, smiling.

“You believe in fate?” I cracked up at her words while shaking her hand.

“Yes..?”

“Childish much” I chuckled.

“Hey, that’s not very nice” She pouted and placed both her arms on her waist.

“Sorry, can’t help it. *clears throat* I hope the rain stops soon… I need to be home so I can revise for my exams next week and there’s this family dinner later…” I complained.

“You’re so hard working! I only have a music project on hand currently and I can compose it anywhere so I’m fine with the rain keke”

“Not hardworking, I just need to do well” I shrugged.

“Need to do well? Why?” She looked at me with curious eyes.

“I just want to be the first in level. I’m only second currently.” I sighed at the depressing thought.

“So you’re just studying for the sake of studying? Not because you like it?”

“Who likes studying? Hahaha” I started laughing again.

 

Seriously? Who likes studying...!?

 

“Me..?”

 

Oops.

 

“But I’m definitely not a nerd! Not yet.” She waved her hands in frantic denial after I gawked.

“Anyway, you mentioned about writing a song?” I asked upon regaining my composure.

“Yupp, it’s due in a month’s time”

“Do you need help? I like writing lyrics! I’m kind of good in literature too.” I offered.

“Shameless self-promoting in progress keke” She pointed a finger at me jokingly.

“Hey, that’s not very nice” I said in a mimic voice in an attempt to imitate her, with a pout and arms on waist.

 

I never knew I had this hidden talent of aegyo in me. Oh gosh. Whatever did this girl do to me?

 

“No offense, oppa. But I’m pretty sure that was categorized under ‘failed attempt’ keke”She stuck a tongue out at me.

“All comments that starts with ‘no offense’ are usually meant to be offensive yknow?” I rolled my eyes.

“Well... *giggles* Oh yes! When will you be free to help me with the lyrics? I’m only good in song-composing, not lyric-writing” She confessed.

“My exam ends in two weeks’ time”

“Hmm… That’s not a lot of time” She said while placing her index finger on her chin. “Oh look! The rain stopped”

“Like finally! Sorry but I’ve got to rush home! We’ll see how it goes alright? Bye” I bade a quick farewell and started running home.

 

Being late for the family dinner equates to me being chopped by my parents. *shudders*

 

“Oh damn! I forgot to ask for her number.”

 

I ran back to the café with hopes of finding her, but to no avail.

 

“Oh well, I’ll ask next time. That is if we ever meet again.”

 

Ji Eun’s POV

 

“If we’re fated, we’ll meet again” I reassured myself as I skipped happily home.


 

Inspired by Dongho's love story in 0330 MV ;)