Chapter 23

Somebody To You

“What makes you so sure about me and her anyways? If you like her then go get her, don’t use me.” Baekhyun bluntly said and being used to his cousin’s attitude, Siwon only chuckled as he shook his head. “I may be close to Taeyeon but I don’t like her, she’s like a sister to me.” Siwon said and Baekhyun snickered. “Then what if I tell you that I only see her as my friend and nothing more?” Baekhyun asked back as he gave the already sleeping Taeyeon a glance. Siwon frowned, not because he didn’t expect Baekhyun to straightforwardly say that but because he knew that behind those lies was the truth.

The truth that Baekhyun likes her too. Siwon knew that the latter was lying, just by looking into his eyes.

“Are you sure?” Siwon asked and Baekhyun immediately nodded his head. “Never been so sure.” He answered with a small smile and Siwon shrugged his shoulders.

“Then take her home.”

 

 

“You know..  Siwon oppa’s.. too much..”

Taeyeon suddenly spoke up surprising Baekhyun who was now walking down the park with Taeyeon on his back and her bag hanging around his neck. “What?” Baekhyun asked not expecting for Taeyeon to be like one of those typical drunk people who speaks. “I said.. Siwon oppa’s.. too much.” Taeyeon said through her slurred speech and Baekhyun raised his brows but before he can ask her why, Taeyeon spoke up again.

“Baekhyun doesn’t waaant to be in the same pl-ace as me.. yeeer know.” Taeyeon said trying her best to sound sober but failed making Baekhyun shake his head. “Who doesn’t want to be in the same place as you?” He asked and Taeyeon frowned before burying her face on his shoulder as her arms tightened around him. “Baek.. hyungg..” Taeyeon answered and Baekhyun shook his head trying to suppress the smile on his face but failed. “Why do you think so?” Baekhyun asked and he heard Taeyeon sigh.

“Beeecause, heee hates meee.” Taeyeon answered. “Why does he hate you?” Baekhyun asked.

“Beeecause, I.. like him.” Taeyeon answered before lifting her face from his shoulder and placing her chin there instead. “He hates me.. because.. I lied to him. Yeer knerr whaat? He.. doesn’t like me.” Taeyeon said followed by a hiccup making Baekhyun sigh, his smile slowly turning into a frown just by hearing Taeyeon’s drunk words. Yes, she might be drunk but Baekhyun can sense the whole pain he has caused her just by the tone of her voice.

“He said that I should.. should leave him.” Taeyeon said as she slowly started to sob making Baekhyun look at her only to see her burying her face on his shoulder again. “Ish it my fault to like.. him?” Taeyeon asked her slurred words muffled by Baekhyun shoulder. “No.” He answered, his voice barely audible.

“Then why does.. he hate.. me?” Taeyeon asked as she leaned back and wiped her tears away. “It’s.. not like I wanted this right?” She added.

“Maybe..” Baekhyun trailed. “What if he doesn’t really hate you?” He asked changing his mind.

“Does asking me.. to leave not count?” Taeyeon asked with a frown and Baekhyun sighed. He felt guilty, he felt sorry to her yet he can’t do anything.

I’m such a coward, Baekhyun thought.

“Then.. what are you going to do now?” Baekhyun asked, he heard Taeyeon let out a sigh. “Do you hate him?” He added.

“Neer, I don’t haaate him.” Taeyeon answered before letting out a chuckle. “And.. I’ll still love him even if he’s a coward.” Taeyeon said making Baekhyun stop in his tracks.

“You love.. me?” He whispered but Taeyeon slapped his arm as an answer. “Keep on walking!” She shouted making Baekhyun shake his head and continue walking.

After a full minute of silence, Baekhyun heard Taeyeon chuckling.

“What now?” Baekhyun asked as he turned his head sideways to look at Taeyeon only to come in face to face with her. “Woah.. you look like Baek-hyung..” Taeyeon said with a grin as she reached her hand out and pinched his cheeks. “Your cheeks are fluffy.” She said while looking at him and Baekhyun can only stand in shock. It was the second time Taeyeon managed to stop him from walking. “But why do you look like him?” Taeyeon asked, her brows scrunching up.

Baekhyun looked at her questioningly while Taeyeon stared at him in confusion.

“You look like Baek-hyuuungg..” Taeyeon said before breaking into a grin again. “Now, I’m starting to see him. Ah, I miss him now.” Taeyeon said before looking forward again leaving Baekhyun staring at her. Feeling the lack of movements from the person who carries her, Taeyeon looked back to Baekhyun and pouted. “You still look like him.” Taeyeon said in amusement before leaning in and kissing his nose. “And it feels real too.” She added before giving the latter a smug grin.

“No, no. If yeeer the real Baek..hyung. He will shout at me already.” Taeyeon said before closing her eyes and shaking her head.

“Walk~” She whined and Baekhyun resumed walking even when he’s still in daze from the kiss Taeyeon made.

Not long after, Baekhyun heard sobs and knew it was Taeyeon.

This drunk really is moody, he thought as he shook his head. “What’s your problem now?” He asked.

“He hates me.. Baekhyung hates me.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun felt his heart clench. Lifting her head up, Taeyeon frowned when she noticed the guy looking at her with a frown and because of being still in her drunk state Taeyeon sighed. “Why is a stranger carrying me?” Taeyeon suddenly asked herself as her eyes widened. “Yaah! Get off me! I’m going to call the police!” Taeyeon said as she started to hit Baekhyun thinking that the guy was someone she doesn’t know and was taking advantage of her.

“Hey! I’m going to take you home!” Baekhyun shouted as he tried to dodge Taeyeon’s hits without making her fall but failed when Taeyeon wriggled out from his grip. “No! I’m not going home!” Taeyeon said as she tried to run away but Baekhyun managed to grab her wrist. “You should go home Taeyeon.” He said calmly as he pulled her closer to him only to find Taeyeon struggling to get away from him. “No, I don’t want to see my family. They won’t let me leave. No!” Taeyeon said trying to push him away with tears running down her face and that’s when it dawned to Baekhyun that Taeyeon was scared to go home. She was scared to go back to her family because of the fear of getting imprisoned by them.

It dawned to him that Taeyeon thought that he was going to take her back to where she escaped from.

“No, no. Taeyeon listen to me.” Baekhyun said as he grabbed her shoulders and looked straight into her eyes. “I’m not going to take you there.” He continued.

“No, you’re lying. I want Baekhyun.” Taeyeon said making Baekhyun surprised. “What?” He asked.

“I want Baekhyun, bring him to me.” Taeyeon said with a pleading voice and Baekhyun felt his heart breaking by the sight of her.

Having no choice, Baekhyun pulled her and hugged her tight in hopes to calm her down.

“Taeyeon, I’m here. It’s me.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: So, I was looking for this chapter the whole morning and I was like where the hell did I saved chapter 23?! Then I opened a file named MINION. 

WHO THE HELL SAVES A CHAPTER NAMED MINION?! *cries* 

But it's okay now. Problem solved *hides*

Thanks for reading! 

P.S Please look out for the next chapter

P.P.S I love you all!