Alliance

Alliance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s a curious thing. How is it when you accidentally lock eyes with someone it can affect you in a strange way? Like an unspoken connection. Yet, something so simple begun something we could not have thought of.

Do you remember?

I don’t remember when it all started, but it was a hectic time, busy and stressful from all the workload from that semester. I went to the library to concentrate on my work, and went to find a seat at the cubicles. There, I saw you. You saw me. Eyes locked. Funny, we didn’t smile. Just locked eyes for a few seconds before I moved on to find a seat.

Days became weeks, and the same thing happens; locking eyes but never smiling. Strange, but it seemed like our eyes were constantly locking with each other. They knew exactly when we were in the room, in our range of view, and instantly finding each other. Why was it so difficult to smile? As if a forbidden attraction, the body forbids.

And every time, I’d moved away to my seat. However, both of us knew that our seats were visible to each other. And yes, whether we were laughing among friends or our work in front of us,we’d steal glances and our eyes inevitably finding each other. A little game we unconsciously played.

Though it was game over, when one day, as though ripened from constant nurturing, my lips reached up to support my Sight. I smiled.

Your reaction was interesting. First your eyes hurrahed, welcoming my lips in surprise. Then, your lips, they too, betrayed you. But before I could see the full curve of your lips, I rushed away to go search for my usual seat. Hiding behind my books and notes, afraid to look at you; wondering what have I done. Who won? 

“Sweet dear Heart, please don’t be swayed by the eyes,” I once told it, understanding it wasn’t over, somewhat a beginning of an unknown. However, it too slowly and surely, inched closer into joining the alliance of betrayal; with the help of agents of attack.

“Hello,” you said, one gloomy rainy day. The freezing library was suddenly feverish with the sweet vibration that reached through my ears; Hearing—member number 2. The first time I heard your deep husky voice.

“Hello,” I replied, hushed and shyly, as I looked up to see you there with your things in hand, beyond my expectation. It was as if you suddenly picked them up and went straight over after coming to the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter