Starting

For You

Chapter 4 ; The starting of the plans.
Play This: Click ( Hurt by Lucas King )

 

 



Today's the day. 

Jihye had gotten up early that day and had snuck out of the bedroom quietly since Baekhyun was still fast asleep. She silently got breakfast ready and headed to the bathroom to wash up before sending Soojung a text.

To: Jung Soojung
Time: 7:30 AM

Come over to my house now. I just made breakfast that consisted of his favorite food. Spend the morning with him.
Tell him you made it because I had to go out with my older brother. I attatched my address to this message. I placed the key under the mat.


Jihye's text to Soojung was crystal clear and with one last glance at the bedroom's direction, she left the house for her older brother's. She knew she HAD to tell him. After all, he was her brother. He deserved to know what was going on with her.




"There's something I have to tell you." Jihye started. Her older brother was sleepily rubbing his eyes as he struggled to stay awake to listen to what his younger sister had to say to him.

"What's so important that you had to wake me up at 8 in the morning?" He asked as he stiffled a yawn. 

"Oppa.." Jihye closed her eyes. "I have cancer." She looked down. Her older brother nodded sleepily.

"Oh." Her words then formulated in his mind and he shot up, wide awake. "WHAT!?!! YOU HAVE WHAT?!" He asked. "IS THIS SOME KIND OF A JOKE?! HOW COULD MY LITTLE SISTER HAVE CANCER?!" 

"Calm down.." Jihye muttered as she gently grabbed his arm. "I'm being really serious. The doctors said I probably only have a few months left." She looked down as she started tearing up again. Breaking this news to her older brother was harder that she'd imagined. "And.." She looked at him again. "I have something else to tell you." Her brother looked at her as he listened intently to what Jihye had to say which was the plan she'd prepared for Baekhyun.

"My jolly- God. How can Kim Joonmyun's younger sister be so dumb?" Her brother sighed. "Have you told Jongin?" He asked. "What about Minseok hyung?" Jihye shook her head at both names. "Child! One is your oldest brother and the other is your twin, albeit non-identical! You're an idiot, y'know that?" He huffed as he ran his hand through his hair.
 
"You know I can't tell Minseok hyung. He just became a dad last month. He's still overjoyed by his little bundle of joy. I can't possibly bomb him with this piece of news and Jongin's busy with that company of his. He's busy training to become a professional dancer. How would he be able to cope with this?" Jihye asked.

"So you decided to bomb this brother instead?" He asked and Jihye sighed.

"Besides, I'm the closest to you. Sure Jongin's my twin brother but I'm closer to you." She told him and Joonmyun sighed. 

"But.. are you sure about doing this to Baekhyun?" He asked. "He loves you and he deserves to know too. You can't just hide it from him like this..and pushing him to another girl, that's the worst plan I've ever heard. Sure it might work but do you know how he would feel? He'd feel as though you're abandoning him and you of all people knows how many times he's been abandoned. You're my little sister but sometimes, your plans are really-"

"Oppa." Jihye stopped him, shaking her head lightly. "Don't you think I know that? I'm well aware of that fact but I have no choice. I don't want him to watch another person he cares about leaving him.. I'd rather he hate me than him getting permanently hurt." She muttered.

"Don't you think he'd get hurt too by your plan? What if he finds out about you having cancer the whole time and he had no idea? He'd beat himself up over it. Hell, he'd go into another depression state where this time, nobody can get him out of. You're being really selfish by doing this, y'know that?" Joonmyun's words were sharp and harsh but it was all the truth, the truth Jihye didn't want to face.


Meanwhile, (this is what happened while Jihye was off visiting her older brother.)

Baekhyun let out a soft groan as he unconsciously moved his hand over towards Jihye's side of the bed only to feel nothing but the bed. He moved his hand about only to realize that Jihye wasn't there. At that, he shot up.

"Jihye??" He called but there was no reply. Hurriedly, he got up from the bed before running out into the living room where he spotted another figure. 

"Soojung?" He blinked in surprise. "What are you doing here?" He asked. "Where's Jihye?"

"Good morning, Baekhyun." A smile graced Soojung's lips as she got up from the couch and walked over to him. "Jihye went out to look for her older brother. Go wash up, I made breakfast." She smiled innocently.

"She didn't tell me anything.." He muttered. "How did you even get in?" 

"Oh Jihye let me in. She asked me to help her make you some breakfast since she was in a rush." Soojung explained. "I prepared some western-style breakfast for you so hurry up before the food gets cold!" She told him and he nodded slightly before turning around to head back into his bedroom to wash up.


In a few moments, he came back out and this time Soojung was seated at the dining table waiting for him. Upon seeing him, she grinned and waved him over to the table. 

"Happy eating!" She wished as she lifted the silver top to reveal the food as soon as Baekhyun took a seat in front of her. Placed before him was a plate of western breakfast. A few slices of bacon, two pieces of toast, two sausages, a sunny side-up egg, some red beans and a few slices of ham. It was even positioned exactly the way Jihye usually places it whenever she cooked for him.

"Thank you for the food." Baekhyun muttered before beginning to eat. No other words were exchanged between the two.