IV

Butterflies

Chapter 4 - Yoongi and Jungkook

Note: a lil bit of y talk, but not really

It was nearing on 10 o’clock when Yoongi had showed up in the alleyway of Jungkook’s apartment. The younger boy had called him earlier and he didn't hesitate to drive over and pick him up.   He loved the younger boy like a brother, so of course he didn’t mind it being this late.  Jungkook needed a lot of guidance, and Yoongi was more than willing to guide him.  Yoongi understood more than anyone what Jungkook was going through and wanted to help. He was fully aware of the way Jungkook spent a good amount of nights, and in no way did he condone it.  He would often talk to him after the fact, telling him that he should just quit while he was ahead.  Jungkook was persistent. He had to continue his job, although it risked getting in trouble with the law.  

 

Jungkook tugged at the door of the locked car, snapping Yoongi out of his thoughts.  He pressed the button to unlock the doors and let the younger boy in.  He threw his backpack onto the floor of the seat and fell into the shotgun seat next to his best friend in a huff.

 

“What’s up?”  Yoongi inquired, changing the car’s gears and pulling through the alley.  Jungkook shrugged, kicking his feet up on the dashboard.

 

“Yo, feet down, I just got this cleaned.” Yoongi swatted at his feet, keeping one hand on the steering wheel.

 

Jungkook didn’t budge, crossing his arms over his chest, “It’s been so ty, dude.”

 

“Seriously, put your feet on the floor.” he said, with more emphasis, the younger boy obliged this time.  “God, when did you get so damn stubborn.”

 

“It’s been so ty.” he repeated, reaching up to drag his hands down his face.  

 

“Why?” the simple question was exactly what Jungkook expected from his friend; a caring but nonchalant response.  Yoongi kept his eyes glued to the road, hands loosely gripping the wheel.  

 

“Same reason as usual, and I think someone’s been spray painting the side of my building.  It’s just really annoying.  I have to clean it when I get back.”  

 

Yoongi let out a small laugh, “Is that all?  I can help out with that if you want.”

 

Jungkook brushed him off, balling his fists and mock punching the air in front of him. “I swear to god I'mma fight whoever-”

 

“What’d you want for dinner?”

 

Jungkook froze, dropping his hands in his lap, “Um.. whatever you want is fine.”

 

Yoongi smiled, pulling into the underground parking lot below his apartment complex.  He knew he was the only other person in Jungkook’s life that was able to calm him down.  The only other person to get a  relatively straight answer out of him.  He noticed that Jungkook was getting more easily distracted the longer he didn’t see him.  The last time they did anything together was about a month prior.   It was natural for Jungkook to to kiss Yoongi and on the nape of his neck while they were watching TV or lounging.  Yoongi enjoyed the ministrations from time to time, and in turn, Jungkook enjoyed performing them.  Although they’ve never gone all the way.

 

Jungkook was extremely dependent upon the older boy now.  Yoongi knew not the bring up the specific instance -- fearing the response it would elicit.  But he often thought about that night, and how close Jungkook was to find out his deepest secret.  Something so secret, he himself hated to even think about.  It was like most other days they would spend together. Jungkook was inevitably on the verge of falling asleep before the end of the movie.  

 

“Hey, sleepy-head, how about you get ready for bed?”

 

Mmmmhmm…”

 

“C’mon, get up.” Yoongi pried Jungkook off of his shoulder, taking both of the younger boy’s hands in his own and standing up.

 

“Yoongi,” he whined, using the older boy as leverage to stand up.  Yoongi wrapped his arms around the younger boy. He let him lean into his chest as he traced his fingers up and down his bare arms.  Jungkook rested his hands on Yoongi’s waist, thumbs circling his hip bones under his shirt.  He hooked a finger underneath the elastic band of his sweatpants.  Yoongi flinched at how cold his hands were, but he didn’t mind.

 

Yoongi knew Jungkook wouldn’t go too far, so he let the younger boy touch him.  It felt good just to have this contact between each other.  Jungkook’s hands stilled for a moment. He brought his hands further up Yoongi’s stomach, spreading his fingers out to touch as much as he could at a time.  Yoongi let out a small mewl as his hands traveled further, reaching the height of his rib cage, just about to..

 

Yoongi snapped.  He pulled away from the younger boy to see his pupils dilated with pleasure.  Oh my god. Jungkook cocked his head to the side, worried.

 

“I’m sorry, you didn’t like it?”

 

“No.. I liked it, it’s just that..” Yoongi’s voice trailed off, breaking the eye contact with the younger boy. “I don’t want anything to get too...serious, or anything.”

 

It was partly truthful, but mostly he didn’t want Jungkook to find out and treat him differently.  Yoongi hated himself for it.  He rolled his shoulder back, grabbing his t-shirt by the collar and pulling it over his mouth.  

 

“How about I drive you home now?”

 

Yoongi killed the engine of the car and put his keys in his pocket. “I’ve got some groceries in the back, can you help me bring’em in?”

 

“Sure thing.”

 

After they settled in Yoongi’s apartment, Yoongi insisted that he didn’t need any help putting anything away. He told Jungkook to sit down on the couch while he made dinner.  Jungkook ignored the request and helped stack the pantry.  He grabbed the toiletries and walked them over to the small bathroom next to the kitchen.  He put extra rolls of toilet paper in the cabinet under the sink, and toothpaste in the drawer. There was a mirror above the sink, and Jungkook found himself staring at how it was just slightly crooked.  He brought a hand up to adjust it, only to find it swing open.  It was a hidden cabinet, and it was only natural for one to investigate.  

 

There were a few bottles of pills and vitamins.  But what caught his eye was a green, plastic bag, of which the contents were unknown.  Jungkook turned back to see if Yoongi was still busy, putting things away, and it appeared he was.

 

He took the bag in his hand and opened it with his thumb and forefinger, reaching  in and pulling out a small plastic thing that appeared to be a pen.  He rolled the thin device between his fingers, examining it.  Where there should be ink, it was completely empty and at the tip, instead of a rollerball was a small plastic sleeve covering a sharp needle.

 

Oh wait.

 

“Hey! You almost done in there?” Yoongi called from the kitchen.

 

Jungkook shut the bathroom door, putting the syringe back into the plastic bag, “Uh, yeah! I’ll be out in a minute, hold on.”

 

His heart was beating faster than ever at the thought of his best friend being some sort of a heroin addict.  He would have never guessed, Yoongi was calm and for the most part, he never acted strangely.  Although Jungkook didn’t know any specific symptoms of opioids, he was almost positive that Yoongi didn’t exhibit any signs.  But there was also a possibility that it was for someone else. Maybe one of Yoongi’s friends was a meth-head and he was just keeping all their drugs in his apartment.  What if someone found the syringes and drugs and turned him in to the police and he had to go to prison?  What if Yoongi was evicted from his home and Jungkook couldn’t bail him out because he’s not 21 yet?  This was definitely something Yoongi would be mad about if he found out Jungkook came across.  Jungkook put the bag back inside the cabinet. He closed the mirror-door, turning on the water to rinse his hands.

 

When he stepped out of the bathroom, he found Yoongi lounging on the couch.  

 

“Hey,” he smiled, patting the seat next to him, motioning for Jungkook to sit down.  Jungkook nervously wrung his hands on the bottom of his shirt, making his way over.

 

“Hey.”

 

Yoongi dropped his hand on Jungkook’s thigh, squeezing lightly.  The younger boy jumped at the contact.  He put his own hand over Yoongi’s.

 

“Your hands are so cold.” the older boy observed, grabbing Jungkook’s hand in both of his, bringing them up to his mouth, kissing his hand.

 

Jungkook avoided eye contact, biting his lip, “Do you want to do stuff?”

 

Yoongi smirked, leaning further into the couch, “C’mere.”

 

Jungkook climbed on the older boy’s lap, bending his knees and straddling him.  Yoongi reached for Jungkook’s hips, pulling him closer until their chests were barely touching.  When Yoongi leant in to kiss him, he felt Jungkook almost seize up, barely moving in the kiss.  Yoongi slipped a hand under his shirt, Jungkook’s stomach tensing up at the sensation.  

 

Yoongi pulled away for a second to breathe, muttering, “Do you want to keep going?”

 

Jungkook nodded fervently, capturing the older boy’s mouth again before he could respond.  His hands were shaking as he brought them up to Yoongi’s neck, cupping his cheek.  Yoongi let out a breathy moan as Jungkook rocked his hips forward unintentionally.  

 

“You like that, baby?”



Yoongi’s mouth hung open and Jungkook took the opportunity to bite at his neck.  The older boy knocked his head back, hitting the pillow behind him.  He wasn’t used to Jungkook being this vocal.  It was almost uncharacteristic of him.

 

Jungkook pulled away from Yoongi’s neck, admiring the bruising skin.  He went in to press a kiss to his jawline, causing Yoongi to groan.  

 

“You’re such a damn tease.” he laughed, out of breath.  Jungkook smirked in response.

 

“I feel like you don’t tell me everything,” Jungkook nipped at the joint between Yoongi’s jawline and neck.  “I wanna know what makes you tick.”

 

Yoongi’s head lolled to the side.  It was a strange question, but he didn’t want to ruin the mood.

“Why do you say that?”

 

“I feel like you’re hiding something from me.”  he kept biting.

 

“I’m not-”

 

“I want to know what it is.”


“Jungkook, let go of me.  I’m not hiding anything!”  Yoongi pulled away, checking the younger boy in the chest with his elbows and pushing him onto the couch, “What the hell is wrong with you!?”

Jungkook crossed his arms, trying not to go off.  He was incredibly worried for Yoongi’s sake and of course he wanted to keep up whatever they were doing.  But he wanted Yoongi to like him, and that wasn’t going to happen.  

 

“I found your stuff in the bathroom.”

 

Yoongi blinked, mouth completely dry,  “My… stuff?”
 


Jungkook nodded, running his hand through his hair, “I-I found the syringes and the drugs and-”

 

Yoongi covered his face with his hands, Oh my god.  He took a deep inhale.

 

“I just want you to be safe, Yoongs.  If you have a problem then I want you to get help.”

 

Yoongi put his hands down, letting out his breath, “I don’t have a problem.”

 

“You’re an addict, Yoongi!”

 

“W-what?”

 

“You’re addicted to heroin, I saw.”

 

“Jungkook don’t be ridiculous, I’m not on heroin.”

 

“Then what the hell was it!?”

 

“Jesus Christ,”  Yoongi felt like he was on the verge of tears.  He couldn’t cry in front of Jungkook; especially just after making out with him.  He didn’t want Jungkook to find out, and if he were to find out, he never would have imagined it to be this way.

 

“Jungkook, I’m trans.” he finally exhaled,  “Those were my hormones.”

 

Jungkook sat back into the couch, thinking everything through.  That’s when things started to make sense.