The Consolation

Downing Today, Drowning Tomorrow

themedicalscholar: So guys, I am at my mom's farm house and somehow it's really great here. But it's kind of warm too. And @MrsStar, somehow I want people to read my fanfic, and I'd be delighted if the number of subscribers, voters and commentors rose as well - but I'm content with what I have now. I like talking to you guys, and you guys are solely my incentive for writing, somehow I feel like we have a little community just for ourselves haha. But if you guys know anybody who would enjoy the KwangMong stories, please, feel free to share and pass them around. It would be nice to know all of you guys who worship this show as much as me. And I will update more regularly, but it seems like things just pile up in a whim. So there are going to be days where I will update four, maybe five, or maybe more in a day - but sometimes I might skip a day or two, or only update once a day. I hope all of you are patient with me. It's almost the end of 2015, guys, my year has been hectic. I don't know when I'm going to end this fanfic, but I think it's not anytime soon. Please, be healthy and enjoy the story guys. Please, subscribe, vote and most of all - comment! I would love to hear from you guys, anyone, I mean, anyone, is welcomed to put in a bit of two cents on the comment section below. Much love xox

 

'If you say that, Kwang Soo-ya, then who am I to say otherwise.' Jong Kook hyung took him into his beefy arms, trying to tell him that everything's okay. He thought that the burden on his shoulders have finally lifted, and everything felt like it was going fine. 'I think it's just normal, for you to fall for her. If I was in your shoes, probably, I would have fallen for her too.' His hyung said, smiling at him. 

'I don't know why, but it feels different. It feels like I want to know her whole world, but I don't want to be stupid about it. I want to look at her closely, slowly, so that she wouldn't go away.' Kwang Soo says, and they just listened to him talking about her. 

'I thought you were different, but never thought that you would be different because of her.' Haha spoke, chipping into the conversation. 'But I guess if I would have chosen anyone, then I would have chosen her too for you though. No one can be cooler than Ji Hyo, not a girl that I know off.' Haha adds again. 

They talked until midnight, and they all dispersed back into their rooms. Kwang Soo's head feels lighter all of a sudden, he went back to his hotel room with long, confident strides. He replayed the last piece of advice Jong Kook has given to him. 

'You can fall for a girl, it doesn't matter who, but you need to tell me Kwang Soo-ya, to me, we're like brothers. And I'm happy that you would finally find someone you like with all of your heart. But love is painful, and patience is what you need from it. And I bet, if you wait and presevere, I will assure you, she's worth it. Because it's Ji Hyo of all people. So take care of her, don't let her go through it a lot, promise me Kwang Soo-ya.' That was what Jong Kook told him when they stopped in front of Jong Kook's room. Hyung has always been good to women, a really tender man himself despite his physique. If anybody would knew about how to treat a woman, then it would be this hyung. 

When Kwang Soo went back to the hotel room, he could hear someone in the bathroom - vomiting. He hurried and there was Song Ji Hyo, sitting on the floor of the bathroom with her hair held back with her hands. He panicked, but still he needed to know how to handle the situation. He went towards her, and ran his hand on her back. 'Okay, take it slow, noona.' He says, and Song Ji Hyo merely listened. 

If it was anybody, Kwang Soo would have felt nauseated now. But it was his noona, and the only thing he wanted for her is to  keep her safe. 

'Kwang Soo, water.' Ji Hyo asked, and he went outisde - he got her a bottle of carbonated water from the fridge. She took it in multiple gulps. Without asking, Kwang Soo left the room and asked for his neighbor, Ji Suk Jin hyung if he had some Xanax or something. Of course he did, Kwang Soo thought when Suk Jin went back inside to get some. 

'When you're in an old age, you need these stuff.' He says as he gave Kwang Soo the medicine. 

'Thanks hyung.' He bids. 

''Is she doing okay? She drank quite a bit.' He says. 

'She's okay, she's threw up but I think she's okay.' Kwang Soo answered, leaning on the door. 

'Make sure she doesn't get a cold. But I know she's going to be fine, but just keep an eye on her. It's getting cold.' Ji Suk Jin adds, and Kwang Soo nods and bids goodbye. Back in the room, Song Ji Hyo sat on the toilet seat cover, she had a pulsating headache. It's been hours, so the hangover is kicking in. What am I going to do for filming tomorrow? She asks herself. Kwang Soo came back, and without a word, he handed her two tablets and gave her tap water. She took it, of course, without saying a word. 

'Kwang Soo-ya.' She utters. 

'Yes, noona.' 

'I made a fool out of myself tonight, didn't I?' She says. There was a crack in her voice. 

'I explained things, and the rest of the hyungs were okay.' 

'Kwang Soo-ya, I feel so embarrassed. I am never drinking again.' 

Kwang Soo merely smiled, and he took her back to bed. He called in for housekeeping, and demanded extra blankets. When it came, he went into the bathroom; changed his clothes and brushed his teeth since it smelled like soju. He did drink, but not so much as she did. Around her, he needed a clear head. He didn't want things to repeat itself again. 

He tucked her into bed, since she was starting to get drowsy. He took the pillow next to her and dragged himself to the sofa. He turned off the lights. 

'Kwang Soo-ya.' She calls for him. 

'Hm?' 

'Why aren't you here?' She asked. 

'What do you mean?' 

'Why are you sleeping on the sofa?' She asked. 

'I.. I just thought it was appropriate.' 

In the dark, she felt cold without him. 'Come here;' 

He went to her, but just merely stood next to her. 

'Sleep next to me, Kwang Soo-ya.' She demanded. 

'I don't want to do things you don't like.' He answers. 

'But I'm asking you, right now, come here.' 

Silently, he crept into the queen-sized bed with her. She kept herself close to his body, she could feel the heat radiating from him. 'Kwang Soo-ya.' She said. 

'Yeah?' 

'When you told me, that you would still be with me regardless, do you mean it?' She asks, she could hear his soft breathing. 

'I do mean it.' 

'Then I'll tell you. I'll tell you that I get scared, and sometimes I think twice about things. I'll tell you that half of the mean things I tell you, I don't even mean. I'll tell you, Lee Kwang Soo-ssi, I like you more than I am willing to admit - and I'm sorry.' 

He ran his fingers through her hair, and softly, in the dim lighting, his kiss is planted on her lips. The kiss felt as if he was telling her things he couldn't, and finally, the kiss told him that she missed the taste of his lips. Butterflies in her stomach, it feels like its expanding slowly and she could feel how tight her chest feels. But it was comfortable, drowning for him was no longer optional, it was a given when she decided to fall for him. 

Slowly, greedily, desperately, they both feel deeply into each other's arms. Even with the smell of soju lingering around.