J-hope(bts) - English not so good

Short stories~

Yep, i was lost.

I had arrived at Incheon Airport a few minutes ago and was already lost. It didn't help either that i coudn't read any of the signs even though some were in english. My sister was married to a korean guy. She was living with him in seoul while i used to live on the other side of the world with mom and dad. When my mom got sick and died i was left with only my dad but our relationship ws never really good. My sister made me come over to korea to live with her. It was strange, moving to another country was never on my to do list but here is was, standing in the middle of the airport like a lost puppy.

Looking at my phone i read the text my sister had just send to me telling me she i had to take a bus to the center of the city because her car had suddenly stopped working. I had already passed the checking point and had picked up my bag. The airport was big and more crowded than i was used to. On this side of the airport there were no shops and if i had known before i would have gotten some food before the passport control point.

Grabbing my bag i started to walk following the signs towards the bus but they seemed to be everywhere. Which bus did i have to take to get to my destenation and how did i even buy a ticket. I was so lost i suddenly bumped into something soft, a person. Arms held me up to prevent me from falling to the ground. I looked up to see a guy with a face mask staring down at me. His eyes smiled at me and he said something in Korean i coudn't understand. "I'm sorry, i wasn't looking where i was going" i quickly said standing up straight biting my lip as i felt myself becoming shy. The guy seemed speechless by my words but did understand what i had said. "It's okay" he softly said with a very bad accent which reminded me i was in a different country. Most people probably coudn't speak enlgish or were very bad at it. 

The guy stared back at me and looked at my bag for a moment but didn't say anything. I took this as a chance to ask him if he knew where i had to go. "Uhm.. Could you help me? i'm kind of lost" i said smiling awkwardly. The guy lowered his face-mask "Uhm help.. yes. i help you. but english not so good" he said smiling at me making me giggle at his poor english. I took in his appearance. He was probably around my age and had a very adorably smile. For a moment i wondered how i was going to explain my trouble but figured i just had to tell him and hope he understood. "Can you tell me which bus i have to take and how i get a ticket or something? or do i buy it in the bus? I'm here all by myself i'm really lost....I don't know what to do. Help me please" i kept rambling on letting my panic out. My eyes had started to water a little as i was worying a little to much. I honestly felt a little scared to be alone in a different country not even knowing where i had to go. The guy still stared at me but seemed to be thinking about my words. He probably didn't understand a tiny bit of it. 

"Jinjeonghae" he softly said speaking in perfect korean. I didn't know what he meant but he hold out his hand giving me a friendly smile. Without knowing what this guy was planning i had no choice but trust him so took his hand and followed him as he pulled me somewhere. "I'm Hoseok" he spoke looking back at me. I nodded speaking his name over and over again in my mind. "I'm Y/N" i answered feeling a little bit more save now. "Name is beautiful" he spoke chuckling as i shyly looked down and blushed. He looked back ahead of us and waved to a group of boys taking me to them. They were all wearing either sunglasses or a face-mask. Was this a trend or something? They all stared at me and began to question Hoseok in their own language.

Hoseok started to talk back and i guessed he was explaining the situation to them because some of then suddenly spoke to me. "My friend says you were asking for help but he could not quite get what your asking him" A blonde haired one asked having no trouble with english at all. I noticed i was still holding Hoseoks hand and quickly let go feeling my face heating up a little. "I don't know which bus i have to take" i answered softly feeling the eyes of all seven guys on me. "Ah, i see, Do you have an adress or something?" Grabbing a small paper out of my bag i showed him the address scribbled on it. The blonde guy nodded at me as he got the address and spoke to Hoseok in korean again. 

At one point all the guys started to laugh at something what was said while Hoseok pouted and placed an arm around my shoulder pulling me away from the group. We quietly walked until Hoseok decided to speak. "You know korean singer?" he asked looking excited for my answer. "Uhm.. no?" i aswered laughing softly as i was not really sure if he meant if i knew some singers or something else. "Aww... I am singer. You know Bangtan Sonyeondan, bts?" 

I bliked at his words. Was he serious? The name bts did sound familiair. I think i heard my sister spoke about them a few times. "You're an idol?" i asked seeing his smile grow bigger. Explains why he and the group of guys were wearing sunglasses and face-masks. "You need listen to us" I giggled still thinking how cute his bad english was sounding. I felt kind of bad that i didn't know any korean other than just a few words. "Where you from?" he asked stopping outside the airport at something which looked like a ticket machine. "I'm from Sidney." i answered awkwardly standing next to him as he did something with the machine. "You vacation?" he asked not looking up as his words came from his mouth.

"No i'm moving in with my sister" i said seeing his head shot up staring back at my eyes. "Moving? You live here?" he seemed very supprised and i coudn't blame him, it probably didn't happen everyday he met a foreigner who was moving here. I nodded and watched how happy he seemed by it. His head turned back to the machine and he suddenly pulled out a ticket handing it to me. Huh when did he pay for it. I hadn't really watched what he had been doing. "You need ticket for bus" he said still holding it out to me. "N-no how much was it? I'll pay you back" i said searching for my wallet. His hand suddenly grabbed mine making me stop what i was doing. "Is gift, because you cute girl" he said without any shame smiling brightly at me. Was he atemting to flirt with me? Not that i minded. I blushed once again feeling kind of bad but took the ticket anyways. "Thank you" i shyly said feeling his hand on my head as he ruffled my hair a little. 

His attention was soon somewhere else watching a board with all the different bus numbers on it. He mumbled something in korean again and turned back to me. "Bus here 30 minutes. Wait" he pouted which made me want to squeeze his adorable face. I thought he was going to leave me from this point but he didn't. "You hungry? Let's eat" Before i could even give him an anwere he was pulling me by my hands again, getting back inside the airport. He took me to a little caffee were many travelers were taking a break. "Sit down" Hoseok told me holding out one of the chairs. As he left me to get whatever i started to smile to myself. Who would have thought i would meet such a sweet guy on my first day here. I reminded myself to ask his number later if i had the courage to do so. This guy was something to not lose out of sight. 

After a few minutes he came back with two cups of cofee. This was not really my definition of hungry but is was nice he was at least trying. "Thank you" i smiled again as he handed me the cup and sat on the opposite of the small table. It almost made me seel like i was on a date. "You can speak korean words?" he asked which made me think for a moment. "Uhm... Saranghaeyo" i softly said knowing very well what it meant. I always heard my sister say this when she still lived at home and called her boyfriend. Hoseok laughed and almost seemed to be the one who was shy right now. "Gwiyeowoyo" He quickly spoke but i of course had no idea what it meant. 

We talked some more about random things and i felt we were slightly growing a conection. He was very funny and sweet which i liked a lot. He made some flirty comments which i didn't know if he meant it or just said it that way because he was ba at english. After our cofee was finished he took me back to were the bus stops were leading me to the right one. "You go off here" he said pointing at the name of the bus stop on the board. I nodded giving my lugage to the bus drived who placed it in the lugage space. 

"So... i think this is goodbye... Thanks a lot for helping me" i said feeling a little sad it was already ending. I looked up at Hoseok and noticed how tall he actually was compared to me. Out of nowhere he gave me a hug and pulled out his phone when he let go of me. He handed it to me but it took me a minute to realise what he wanted. I smiled feeling butterfly's in my stomach as i typed in my phone number and gave the guy back his phone. He seemed happy with it and waved as i stepped into the bus looking back at him also waving. "Saranghaeyo Y/N" he yelled sticking out his tongue. I blushed atthe only korean word i knew and sat down in a seat watching Hoseok get out of sight. 

My phone started to buzz for a moment so i took a look to see if maybe my sister was messaging me but an unknown number was.

"Let's meet again soon!"

The text said, i knew who it was from and saved the number before i texted my new made friend back. Staring outside the window i started to daydream. Maybe coming to korea wasn't that bad after all. I could get used to this.


Words
Jinjeonghae: calm down
Saranghaeyo: i love you
Gwiyeowoyo: cute/you are cute