Final

Fairy Dust

The room was calm, its silence governing over everything. The curtains moved with the wind from outside, making the different shades of pink change with the variations of light they received. However, the idyllic dream-like essence was not meant to be. Laughter filled room as a little girl slammed the door open. She ran to her bed, throwing herself on it. Her butler, seemingly pleased, didn’t speak, and instead, closed the door and left.

After her laughter had subsided, a little grin was etched onto her face as she gazed again at the contents in the little box she had received as a gift. She looked at what was inside it for a moment, then giggled again.

It should not be that much of a joy for spoiled-rotten Stephanie to receive such lacking gift. In fact, Stephanie had reacted unenthusiastically when her father had given her the box. However, a mention of her mother was enough for her to run to her room in bliss. This had been hers, and she had saved it for little Stephanie.

She sat on her knees and turned the box upside down, dumping the contents onto her bed. She reached first for the small card, squinting her eyes to read properly.

 

If a companion you desire,

Submerge the dust in the water,

New life it will acquire.

 

After making a face, she threw the card away, not caring where it fell, and reached again to look for the “dust” the card talked about. When she felt a small plastic bag that shifted as she pressed her fingers into it, she grabbed, pushing with her other hand the box, also making it fly away from her bed.

As the card said, it was a kind of silver-ish dust that shone a bit with the light of the room. Aside from that, it had no special qualities, no matter how much young Stephanie examined it. She felt a bit disappointed, but not actually wanting to reject a gift her mother had left for her, she stood up, little bag of dust in her hands, and went to bathroom.

After looking at her reflection on the mirror, she took the glass she put her toothbrush in, filling it with water. Taking a last look at it, the bag was opened and the contents spilled onto the water. Stephanie threw the bag away, never letting her gaze wander from the glass.

However, after a while of waiting with no results other than the dust combining with the water, she pouted, feeling the disappointment creep up. She left for her dolls, hoping that whatever that dust did, would really be true.

That night, she went to sleep thinking about her mother, like most nights. However, there was a different feeling at the bottom of her heart, a premonition of sorts. She was too little to understand it, attributing the said emotion to missing her dear mommy. And just like that, she went to dreamland.

A loud scream filled the house, resonating within the walls, scaring poor butler Ahn.

There, a small, moving insect laid at the bottom of the waterless glass. Only it was not an insect. At a closer inspection, it seemed like… a little human? A little human hugging her knees close to her chest!

As if the creature hadn’t heard Stephanie’s scream, it (she?) opened its eyes slowly, seemingly coming from deep slumber. Those green eyes looked around unhurriedly, focusing on each detail, until they fell on the little girl’s form. The creature jumped inside the glass, trying to stand up, but instead fell on her .

Fear fading, Stephanie giggled, finding whatever was inside the glass cute. She tried standing up and, after succeeding, said something in a tone so low the brunette couldn’t hear.

“Excuse me?” asked Stephanie.

The figure tried speaking again, but cut herself after having some kind of realization. With gestures, she asked Stephanie if she could be grabbed, so hearing wouldn’t be so hard. The latter, feeling unafraid, complied with the gestured askance. No measuring her strength, however, made the little thing on her hand squeal loudly, though to Stephanie it sounded like a little squeak. She seemed to understand and apologized, loosening up her hold.

She instead, decided to lift her with her palm wide open, putting her at a considerable distance to her face.

“What are you?” questioned the brunette, fascinated. It was nothing she had ever seen before. The small human had blonde, silk-like hair, white (like a sheet of paper) skin, and, as aforementioned, green emerald eyes. If Stephanie hadn’t made up her mind about her cuteness, she would find her gorgeous.

“O-oh, u-um,” the blonde twiddled with her thumbs nervously without looking at Stephanie’s face. She seemed to gain courage after a few seconds, and continued, “I’m Taeyeon, your new pocket companion!”

“My pocket companion? What is that? And how did you get to that size?”

“I-I thought you summoned me.”

“Summoned you? I just put some dust on that glass, and suddenly… poof! You’re there.”

“Oh,” Taeyeon said, feeling more relaxed, “yeah, that was me.”

Stephanie hummed, still feeling fascinated about the whole thing. “And what can you do? You’re so small.”

Taeyeon frowned. “I’m supposed to be your companion, you know, be with you whenever you need me. I can play with you whatever you want, talk to you about anything, and you can take me anywhere.”

“Hmm, could you do me a demonstration?”

“A demonstration?” The blonde thumbellina her chin in deep thought. Her face then illuminated as she raised her index finger.

“Aha! Hmm, do you have a doll house or something?”

Stephanie, now a little excited about the small girl, nodded, and ran towards the little doll house she had at one of the corners of the room. When she reached it, she looked at her hand, but became confused when she saw no one.

“Taeyeon?”

“I’m here!” said a small voice.

The small brunette looked at her hand closely, and finally saw two hands grabbing onto her pinkie. She raised her hand a bit and laughed at a hanging Taeyeon.

“Hey! This is not funny! I can’t die, but if I fall, it will hurt, you know!”

“Don’t worry, I won’t let you fall,” Stephanie assured when her laughter had died down. With her other hand she grabbed Taeyeon and moved her closer to the house. “What do you think?”

Taeyeon thought for a while.

“On what room do you want me to be?”

“Oh, what about the kitchen?” Taeyeon nodded, and with that, the other girl put her in the small kitchen, where a refrigerator, stove, and a table filled with plastic food stood.

“Can you act like you’re the mommy of the house? Like, prepare food for the other dolls?”

“Sure, but can you at least present me to my family? I feel it’s kinda weird to be preparing food for someone I don’t know.”

“Look,” said the little girl as she grabbed one of them, “this is your husband.”

“Hmm, he’s bigger than me, but I guess it’ll do.”

The girl left the doll where it was before and grabbed another. “And this is your daughter. I guess that’s all,” she ended awkwardly as she left the doll where it originally was.

“Mhm, ok, I get it. Do I start now or…”

“Now, please.”

Taeyeon started tinkering with the stove, finding already there a small frying pan. She opened the refrigerator while she hummed a song. With both hands, she took an apple on the bottom shelve.

“Why are you cooking an apple?”

“I can’t get to the other shelves. Plus, it’s okay to cook an apple.”

“Nu-uh, that’s very gross.”

“But you aren’t eating it. My family is eating it.”

“Do you want to cook gross things for your family?”

“It’s okay. I’m the mommy of the house so they have to eat what I cook, no matter what.”

“Is it really like that?”

“Of course it is! Mommies are supposed to be the bosses of their families! They can do whatever they want, and their families can’t say anything!”

“If you say so,” Stephanie replied doubtfully. She chose to trust Taeyeon, though. Her mommy wasn’t there so she didn’t know what mommies typically do besides what she sees in movies.

Taeyeon continued with her task, humming cheerfully to a song that ringed on Stephanie’s ears, as if she had heard it before. The latter, just looked, awfully entertained, a smile becoming bigger as each second passed.

When Taeyeon finished ‘cooking’, she asked, “Now what?”

“You should call your family to dinner… and sit them on their chairs,” Tiffany answered the last part with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

“What?! You’re crazy!”

“You said mommies are the bosses, so you should be able to bring your family to dinner. Or did you lie to me?”

“This girl, twisting my words,” Taeyeon mumbled to herself before saying out loud, “Fine, but if I get hurt it’ll be your fault.”

Stephanie paid no heed to those words, dismissing them with a quick wave of their hand.

“Okay, so where are they?”

“Mommies don’t have superpowers so they have to look for their family on their own.”

“B-but this house is huge! Gigantic! When am I going to end looking for them?”

The brunette just shrugged, seemingly disinterested in Taeyeon’s struggle. The latter sighed and started doing her commended task. Soon the room was filled with squeaky laughter and small claps.

As Stephanie went to sleep that night, leaving Taeyeon a room at the dollhouse for herself, of course, she thought on the possibilities, on what would the new day bring. A smirk filled her face as she thought of the things she could do with Taeyeon, and with that thought, she fell asleep.

——

Companies are hard to maintain, mostly because not only does one require to receive from their companion but to give as well. This was difficult to understand for little Stephanie, who now was dangling a scared fairy over an overly eager golden retriever. Her cheeks where her favorite color, and her smile reached her ears. The fairy’s screams reached her ears, but since she had been told that she was at her service, she couldn’t help but wonder that morning if her dog would get as excited with the blonde as he did with an insect.

“Please! Let me go!” yelled the fairy as she tried to climb Stephanie’s hand. “This is not okay!”

The girl heard no plea, as the situation was amusing. The amusement changed to horror when the dog pushed her, making her lose her hold on the fairy, who, screaming, fell inside its mouth, followed immediately by the animal closing its mouth.

She screamed.

“No! Bad dog!”

Before she could even try to retrieve the fairy, the dog, seemingly impulsed by the nag, ran to the opposite side.

“Hey!”

Stephanie ran as much as her short legs would take her. Her chase ended late in the day, when she finally decided to lure the dog with a treat, and, as soon as she got a hold of its snout, the fairy jumped out of it, falling to the grass.

Not everything was a complete victory. After a further inspection, she found out the blonde had superficial injuries, which were few, but enough to make young Stephanie cry.

“I’m sorry!”

The injured thumbellina wanted to be angry, but as soon as looked at her tear-streaked face, she knew she couldn’t. Her chest filled with warmth at the worry and guilt in her eyes.

“It’s okay. I’m okay.”

“I’m sorry!”

“I’m okay. Please don’t cry anymore.” The blonde stood up and turned around slowly. “You see? I’m okay.”

“But I hurt you.”

“You did.” She sat down again. “And, honestly, I know I can’t say that you did it without knowing what you were doing. But since you feel sorry, I forgive you.”

The crying girl gave her a weird look. “Just like that?”

Taeyeon smiled. “Yeah, ‘cause that’s what friends do, right?”

Stephanie smiled through her tears. “Yeah, I guess so.”

——

“Ugh.” A drowned voice groaned as a tuft of brownish hair fell onto the fairy.

“Woah,” the blonde exclaimed, moving the hair out of the way so she would be able to relocate to where Tiffany’s face was. “What happened?”

“Stupid professor gave me a B minus for my project,” responded languidly the still muffled voice.

“What, the project that made you spend a whole week at Jessi’s house?”

“The same.” Stephanie moved to the side, showing Taeyeon her small frown.

“Wow, what a downer. And you can’t do something about it?”

“No, he is such a tyrant.” She sighed. “I can’t believe I spent a whole week going through mountains of books and different experiments to get a ty grade.”

“That’s not ty, is it? You told me that the worst grade you could get was an F, and you got a B.”

“So? Still doesn’t take out the fact that I worked very hard for it.” Taeyeon hummed as she patted Stephanie’s cheek. The latter gave her a small smile.

“And what did Jessi say?”

“Not much. You know she just cares about passing. Everything else is just details.”

“Maybe you could learn something from that. Relax a bit.” Stephanie sighed.

“I wish I could. Daddy can’t be bothered with grades lower than A. He wants me to be perfect,” she ends with a scoff.

“Maybe he does this because he knows you have potential. That you’re very smart and you can get A’s easier than others.” Silence took over the room for a moment. Taeyeon looked away, scrutinizing her surroundings, wanting to cover the redness of her face from the brunette’s stare.

“Sometimes I wish I could be you.” The fairy turned around quickly, startled by the comment.

“H-huh? Why would you want that?”

“Your life seems a lot easier. No expectations. No rules. No responsibilities. A carefree being.” Taeyeon stayed quiet, not knowing how to answer. She could say many things, but knew it was better Stephanie didn’t know. It was better that Stephanie didn’t remember. She only shrugged.

“Still, you’re a human, and you have a lot of possibilities on what to do with your life. I think having obligations is not that bad,” the blonde said, a more affectionate smile appearing. “C’mon, let’s do something to get you out of that funk.”

“What if we watch a movie?” Her voice sounded muffled again.

“Yeah! Can we watch Star Wars?”

“We watched it two weeks ago,” Stephanie deadpanned as she sat on the bed. “And the day before that, and the day before that, and the week before that.”

“But it’s fun!” Taeyeon defended.

“If I have to listen to that damned hard breathing of Dark Vader…”

“Darth Vader.”

“Uh-huh. Whatever.” Oh, oh. Stephanie was frowning again. Even if it was playfully, she didn’t want Stephanie to frown!

“Fine. What if we watch ‘Mean Girls’?”

“Meh, seen it too many times.”

“How about a horror movie?”

“You wanted to cheer me up, no?” Taeyeon closed her eyes in fear, as she knew what this conversation would entail and its ending.

“Then…” Sigh “What do you want to-”

“Twilight!” Taeyeon fell on her back at the force of the girl jumping on the bed. She made a face, hoping her best and only friend wouldn’t see it. The movie was entirely ridiculous, and since the first time Taeyeon watched it, she could only scoff at it. Vampires didn’t sparkle and werewolfs weren’t shape shifters. And most certainly they weren’t handsome!

But she had told Phanie that they should do something that makes her happy.

“Fine. Let’s watch Twilight.”

“Yay!”

An hour into the movie and a semi full bowl of popcorn, Taeyeon was already falling asleep, feeling boredom kill her brain cells little by little. That ended when she heard a whisper.

“Taeyeon…”

“Yeah?”

“Have you ever fallen in love?” Even as she wasn’t drinking or eating anything, she still chocked on her saliva.

“What?”

“I mean…” Stephanie twiddled with her thumbs. “How do your species fall in love?”

“We don’t.” Stephanie’s eyes widened.

“Why?”

“Because it’s not our purpose.”

“Then… do you just mate or something?” Taeyeon chocked again. She coughed several times before she could regain her voice.

“No. We don’t procreate.”

“Then how do you survive? How do you exist?”

With a dark expression, the fairy answered, “Someone takes care of us.”

“Someone…?” Taeyeon stayed quiet for a moment, but then turned to look at Tiffany, a brighter smile on her face.

“C’mon! You’re losing out on Jacob’s chocolate abs!” Stephanie knew that Taeyeon was trying to distract her, and she played along, squealing and leaving the blonde laughing.

The things that she wanted to understand Taeyeon didn’t even want to touch. And maybe that was for the best. Maybe dissipating what she felt was for the best.

——

Just after the bell rang, Stephanie rushed towards her locker, wishing to get rid of the weight she had on her arms. She put her combination on the lock and opened the door, putting the books she was carrying as well. Just as she was closing the little door, she heard a voice.

“Tiff!”

She turned around. “Hey, Jessi!”

Her blonde friend was hurriedly walking (she had the philosophy of never running no matter what) towards her. Even without running, she still reached the brunette gasping, a triumphant smile on her lips.

“Guess what?”

“Seungyoon asked you out.”

“Seungyoon ask-yah!” the brunette laughed with her.

“When?”

“Just now.”

“Then why are you still here?”

“Well, it’s not properly a date yet. He invited me to a double date.”

Stephanie raised an eyebrow. “So?”

“He asked if I could bring a friend.” Jessica said hesitantly, knowing the long history of rejects other males suffered at the hands of her best friend, who always told her she didn’t want to date. The said best friend sighed.

“Jessi, you know I don’t date.”

“Please.”

“No, Jessi.”

“Please! I even heard the other guy is really cute. Please, I really need you for this one.”

Stephanie pondered for a while. Should she go and help her friend or let someone else help her? It wouldn’t hurt going on a little date, right? If Jessi said the guy was cute, he was really cute.

However, the memory of a tiny being lying on her bed alone sparked a flame of guilt.

What am I even thinking?

No, she could not leave Taeyeon alone. She couldn’t forget the girl who had been with her all this time. She wouldn’t ditch her for the world.

“I’m sorry Jessi. Maybe you should ask Sooyoung.”

Clearly disappointed, Jessica nodded, walking away from the brunette presumably in search of their tall friend. Stephanie felt bad for rejecting Jessica, but she knew she had a bigger obligation with someone else.

Just like that, she squished her regret, trying to think only of the fairy who was waiting for her at home.

——

Spitting out the water in , she reached for the towel to dry her face, at the same time looking below, where a small fairy stood waiting for her. She wore a cute smile that talked about pride and happiness for her. Inevitably she smiled at her.

“What?”

“You graduated. You just graduated high school. I can’t really believe it.”

“Why? You thought I wasn’t intelligent enough to pass?” Stephanie asked playfully.

“No, it’s not that,” Taeyeon denied shaking her hands. “It’s just that I still remember the first time we met and how much you have grown.”

“Is it so incredible for you to see someone growing?”

“Yah! Are you insulting my height there?”

“I never said anything, you did.”

“Whatever.” Taeyeon pouted. “The thing is, you are almost an adult!”

“Ugh, don’t remind me,” Stephanie groaned as she put moisturizer on her face. “I still don’t know to which university I am going to go, even less what am I going to do with my life.”

“You still have a year to figure it out.  Plus, as I told you before, responsibilities aren’t that bad.”

“What good can it come from that? Working all the time, barely being able to go out with your friends, having to take care of finances.”

“The last one doesn’t apply to you, since you’re a daddy’s girl.” Taeyeon ran to the side, barely avoiding the pink towel that flew in her direction. She raised her hands in surrender. “And! As Peter Parker’s uncle says, ‘with great power comes great responsibility’.”

“And what power do I have, hmm?”

“The power of choosing your own destiny.” Stephanie was taken aback. She looked at her for a moment, while Taeyeon cursed inside her mind for letting that slip out.

“And what about you?”

“I made my choice long time ago.” She burrowed her brows.

“And what was it about?”

“Nothing big. Are you finished?” the blonde asked with the same upbeat tone that Stephanie had noticed she used when she wanted to defuse a situation or avoid a question. She sighed inwardly.

“Sure, let’s just go to sleep.”

Both settled at the taller girl’s bed, the ticking of the clock was the only sound they heard. Their eyes scrutinized each other, as if waiting for an answer to come. She could see hesitation and fear on Taeyeon’s face. Of what, she wasn’t sure.

“Hey, Taeyeon.”

“Yes?”

“If you ever feel like you need to make a decision, could you tell me?”

“Where is this coming from?”

“…”

“I don’t think that will happen. The last decision I made was the best as well.”

“Why?”

“Because it brought me to you.” Taeyeon displayed, for one of the few times she actually did, a smile embedded with so much affection that Stephanie felt close and an emotion she knew so well bubble up in her chest.

“T-thank you,” she said shakily, and closed her eyes. She knew that those words weren’t what the fairy was expecting, but she didn’t know what else to say without letting her own feelings spill out like a cascade. She didn’t open her eyes again, not wanting to see the disappointment that surely coated the blonde’s eyes. It was enough with the disappointment she had for herself.

——

A young brunette was sitting on the grass, seemingly talking to the fairy that was on her knee in a similar position. A giant book was positioned in front of them.

“Look at this one, the lace pattern is so pretty.”

“Hmm, it looks fancy.”

“Is that the only thing you can say?”

“Hmm, it looks pretty.”

The brunette chuckled while the fairy shrugged.

“Yah! At least sound interested about it!”

“I don’t know about dresses. You insisted on picking it with me.”

The smile on Stephanie’s face faded.

“I know… it’s just that we haven’t talked much these days.”

The blonde nodded understandingly, but still said, “I know you’re busy with him, so I don’t blame you.” She looked at the guilt-filled eyes. “It’s okay, really. He makes you happy. Who doesn’t want to be with the person who makes them happy?”

“I don’t want you to think that you aren’t important.”

“It’s okay, sweetie. You now have friends, a job, and a fiancée. I don’t expect you to be with me all the time.”

“But aren’t you lonely?” Taeyeon smiled wistfully.

“I’m not lonely when you’re not lonely.”

“Taeyeon…”

“This is my job, Fany, to help you to not be lonely. If you’re not lonely, then I’m accomplishing my mission.”

After an awkward silence, Taeyeon continued with forced cheerfulness, “Come one, then. Show me the next dress!”

As they continued with the quiet conversation, the sound of footsteps was heard by the smallest of them. Taeyeon jumped from Stephanie’s knee to the grass hoping to blend with it. The brunette looked at her, questioning, but when she felt an arm enclosing over her shoulders, she understood.

“What are you doing?” asked a well-groomed man as he pecked Tiffany’s lips.

“Oh, just looking out for dresses.” He raised an eyebrow.

“Here? Outside?”

“I just needed some fresh air.” His smile widened.

“In that case, how would you feel about a picnic?”

“Right now?”

“Right now.”

Stephanie froze, thinking about what she would do about the girl who was still blending with the grass. After a moment, she nodded slowly.

“Great, let’s go.” Tiffany stood up, looking out for Taeyeon, but as she couldn’t find her, she mouthed at the grass, “I’ll come back for you later.” Without being able to wait for an answer, he pulled her back to his car.

——

A young woman entered the room excitedly, closing the door without taking her eyes off her phone. She laid on her bed, and continued texting to the other person, not realizing a certain girl wasn’t there.

Taeyeon was at the backyard, still lying on the grass, left out in the cold where she was forgotten. She have had the opportunity to go inside again when the servants went out to their quarters back and forth. However, she did not have strength anymore. Her body felt very heavy, her eyes foggy, her ears filled with a beeping noise.

She turned her head to the side, imagining for the twentieth time little Stephanie chasing the pup that had Taeyeon in its teeth. Stephanie was then laughing at her for being chased by an insect, whether to be eaten or else. Her eyes turned into crescents as she finally took Taeyeon in her hands.

She gave a small smile than somehow reflected bitterness and contentment. Her eyes closed as she tried to concentrate in the beeps that reached her ears.

“Taeyeon!”

The voice became clearer, but not enough to be thought of much.

“I’m so sorry, Taeyeon! I’m sorry!”

She could understand the voice, even if it sounded so far away.

“It’s okay, Phanie. Don’t worry.”

The bitterness in her smile left, as she tried to give a genuine smile.

“You don’t look okay,” the brunette said a little panicked.

“I’m okay, just a little tired from running around, you know.” Her smile never faltered.

Stephanie shook her head.

“I’m sorry, Taeyeon… l-let’s just go upstairs.”

She closed her eyes again, trying to keep the smile in place, feeling the movements that Tiffany made as she went towards her room. To think about how this would be the one of last times she would be taken in her hand made bitterness fill her.

After a while of walking, Stephanie stopped before the doll house, putting Taeyeon on the biggest bed. She observed her, worried about the fairy whom she had never seen like that.

“Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Yeah, just a tiny bit tired,” she said as the brunette covered her body with the little blanket. Tiffany contemplated for a while about what to say or ask.

“Does this come with age?”

“What’s with the question?”

“Are you…? I mean, are you old?”

The blonde laughed weakly.

“We don’t get older, Fany. Time doesn’t constrict us.” Emotions do.

“But-“ A ring interrupted her sentence, making look at the notification she had just received. “I have to leave. Are you sure you’re okay alone?”

“Of course! Go and have fun. Get them strikes! You’re going to go bowling, right?” Tiffany hesitated for a moment, filling Taeyeon’s heart with hope that soon disappeared as she stood up and left the room, leaving as well a fairy submerged in her own thoughts.

She knew that this was part of who she was, of who she was created to be. She knew that after this, there would be no opportunity of living again. Since the beginning, she had been told about her role, of how disposable she would be. Still, even if she tried, she couldn’t find resignation within herself, only despair and anger, although she knew that what was happening was only natural.

Usually, fairies like her died when the person reached puberty, often because of the different interaction the teen made with his surroundings, deeming a fairy something dumb, something that didn’t serve it’s purpose anymore.

Tears rolled out of her eyes, rapidly converting into dust.

“Don’t worry, Fany. Because after this, I won’t be here anymore.”

——

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay?” the pressured brunette asked as she continued to accommodate things in her suitcase.

“Yes, don’t you worry.” The brunette nodded, barely paying attention to Taeyeon’s answer. She was still distracted by the thought of having gotten married just a day before. She could not help it but feel excited for the honeymoon she would be having in just a few hours.

She closed her suitcase and walked towards Taeyeon’s house. The owner looked at her with a tired smile. She crouched, wanting to be on an eye level with the small girl.

“Are you really? Should I not really worry?”

“Don’t worry, Phanie. I think you really should go without worries and have fun. You deserve it.”

The woman, pursing her lips, squashing an agreement from her traitorous mind, said, “Okay, but if something, anything happens, please call me. I left the phone at the kitchen so you just have to get downstairs if you need something, okay?”

“Yah, don’t worry anymore and go.”

The brunette sighed. What am I going to do with you when I move out? “Okay, then. Take care.”

“You too, Phanie.”

The bruntte stood up and reached again for her suitcase. Her eyes lingered for a few moments at the small house before leaving the room, closing the door. Maybe Taeyeon was right, she deserved a little of happiness herself.

Taeyeon smiled sadly, having sensed Stephanie’s annoyance.

“It’s okay, Phanie. I don’t think I’ll need the phone at all.”

And with that, she closed her eyes, hoping to never wake up.

——

Tiffany reached her home, feeling completely refreshed after a whole week at the beach.

She reached her room and opened the door. She let a groan out. After a week of fun and rest, this is so not what she wanted to be doing that day, but it was important. Moving her stuff to her husband’s house was necessary.

After a while of moving, she finally fixated her eyes on the dusted doll house. Her eyes widened. She took the blanket that was covering the house off and looked for the small girl. Panic filled her when she couldn’t find her where she usually would be.

“Taeyeon! Taeyeon, where are you?!”

She looked frantically through every room of the doll house, without results. Her eyes fixated on the bed that Taeyeon usually used. It was made.

“Taeyeon!”

She finally reached her bathroom, where a small card that she immediately recognized laid at the sink. She took it with both hands, reading it again.

 

If a companion you desire,

Submerge the dust in the water,

New life it will acquire.

“What the…” Hadn’t she thrown this card away long time ago? She flipped the card over, looking for another message. Indeed, there was a new message, but different from its poetic predecessor, this one was simple, its letters hand-made.

 

Thank you for using our services.

C.