Final

Sledgehammer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you could take my pulse right now

It would feel just like a sledgehammer.

 

 

Jessica couldn’t be more nervous than she already was. Was it wrong? To be in love with her own member? That she's known for so long? She didn’t really care but she sometimes wondered why now. Why not years ago? Some things are best left unanswered. 

 

She couldn’t concentrate whenever the leader would be close to her, including on stage. There even sometimes where Jessica would almost miss her verse in a song, just because she was too busy staring at Taeyeon smiling to their fans or playing around with the other members. She was just too cute. 

 

And now, here Jessica was, sitting in her room. She was thinking of ways she could confess to Taeyeon. She didn’t even know if Taeyeon liked her in that way. But the way Taeyeon acted around girls was always different than around guys. Whatever. She was going to take the chance, she wasn't going to live with the possibilities of what ifs. Her heart was lurching in her chest at the mere thought of telling her how she felt.

 

My body's telling

All the secrets I ain't told you yet

 

“Hey, Sica, do you think we should—are you okay?” Taeyeon asked as she entered the girls’ room. “You seemed to be spaced out. Something on your mind?”

 

Jessica blushed and shook her head, “No, I’m fine. You know me, I’m always spacing out.”

 

Taeyeon laughed, and Jessica felt her heart thump against her chest. She loved the sound. Well, she loved everything about Taeyeon.

 

I struggle to contain

the love that’s in my veins

and how it circulates

 

“Well, if you’re okay, then I’ll let you be. Don’t be stuck in here too long, go out and get some fresh air.” Taeyeon said as she walked towards the door.

 

“Taeyeon, wait!” Jessica said quickly, watching as the leader turned back around with an eyebrow raised, waiting for Jessica to talk.

 

Jessica suddenly couldn’t think of anything to say, maybe right now wasn't the right time to confess. “Uhm, never mind. I forgot.” Jessica laughed nervously, hoping Taeyeon wouldn’t catch her lie.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay, Sica?” Taeyeon asked.

 

Jessica nodded and smiled, “Of course.”

 

Taeyeon blinked a few times before smiling too, “Okay, I’ll see you later.” And she turned aroun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter