Sixteen - Fight for What You Love

A 9PM Love Story

The two of them stood awkwardly, staring at both their foot. From a distance, six bodies were molded together behind the kitchen counter where they were all anticipating for a drama to break out. Sooyoung almost yelped as Chansung accidentally stepped on her hands before Hyoyeon put her hand on .

“Shhh!” Yoona whispered in a warning tone, “Shut up or we’ll get caught.”

“It’s not my fault that pig head is a fatso!” Sooyoung hissed, throwing Chansung a nasty look.

Junho shook his head, “Don’t you two ever stop fighting?”

“Well, I’m sorry that we’re not lovey dovey like you and Hyoyeon, lover boy.” Chansung mocked, rolling his eyes.

Red faced, Junho opened his mouth before shutting it and fidgeted in his place. Hyoyeon chuckled and cooed at his adorable reaction. Chansung asked with a hint of sarcasm, “See what I mean?”

Taecyeon who was on his knees, punching the youngest shoulder and gave him a teasing look, “Why Chansung? You wanna continue your little act with Sooyoung earlier?”

“I-I don’t – “ Chansung stuttered before whacking him, “Shut up!”

Yoona giggled while Sooyoung just smirked. Junho gave Hyoyeon a questioning look as Taecyeon tried to suppress his laugher while Hyoyeon only shrugged in response.

“Look! They’re sitting down!”

---

“So, do you know what’s exactly going on?” Yuri asked, her brows raised as the two of them sat down (Nichkhun pulled out the chair for her and Yuri’s stomach made an odd flip).

“I don’t know.” Nichkhun grinned in response, “But I won’t say no to free food.”

Chuckling, Yuri lifted up the cover and two plates of steaks were revealed. Her stomach suddenly grumbled and she smiled sheepishly, “I haven’t eat yet and those do look tempting.”

“Let’s dig then.”

Yuri nodded and began slicing her steak, swallowing the somehow hard texture before wiping the end of her lips, “I think I know who made this.”

“Yeah, me too.” Nichkhun replied as he grabbed the bottle of champagne and poured it into the champagne glasses.

They clinked their glasses, exchanging wide smiles and drank Yuri’s favourite drink. Yuri suddenly burst into laughter while Nichkhun stared at her, a confused look on his face.

“I’m sorry.” She said after a few breaths, “Something slipped in my mind.”

Clearing , she began, “Do you remember last Christmas? We were drinking on the rooftop and suddenly a bird’s poop fell into your drink while your lips almost touched the glass. The look on your face! Ha-ha!”

Again, Yuri laughed, clutching her stomach and soon enough Nichkhun followed her actions and their laughter echoed in the apartment. With a smile still on his face, Nichkhun said, “You freaked out and poured the rest of the champagne on my shoes. They were a limited edition, Yuri!”

“And then we started arguing over Nike and Adidas.”

“Debating on which ice cream flavour is the best.”

“We were stuck between caramel vanilla and chocolate chip cookie dough.”

“And we ended up in Baskin Robin downtown, having ice cream eating competition.”

Yuri flashed a shy smile, “And you let me win.”

“Well, I couldn’t have you sulking for the rest of the night, right?” Nichkhun shrugged before beaming.

Yuri opened to reply but closed it back as she realized they’d been talking about their past moment at ease. They shouldn’t be sitting here, sipping in champagne, they should be talking things out, yelling at each other maybe.

Nichkhun who sensed her sudden change of expression, asked, “Something’s wrong?”

“I hated you.” Yuri blurted out, having no control on her emotions right now.

Nichkhun raised a brow and she continued before he could say anything, “I hated that you decided to join the show. I hated when you didn’t do anything to protect our relationship. I hated it when you treated Victoria unnie like a princess when it should have been me in her place. I hated you for hurting me so badly. And I hated you for still holding a place in my heart.”

“Yuri –“

“No!” She raised her hand, biting her lips, “I don’t know what else to do, oppa. The girls helped me to take revenge on you. I went to an amazing date with an even amazing guy. But whenever I see you, my heart ached. It was like everything I’d done to forget you disappeared just like that. All the efforts I put to try to move on faded away the moment I see your face.”

Breathless, Yuri inhaled deeply before heaving and sniffed, biting back the urge to cry. Nichkhun sat there, staring at her with shock written all over his face. He was taken aback at her sudden confession, tongue tied. He cleared his throat uncomfortably, “Yuri, I-I don’t know what to say.”

“Just say what’s on your mind.”

“Well.” Nichkhun started, “I don’t understand why you hated me when it was you who started all of this.”

“What?” Yuri asked in disbelief.

“I mean, you were the one who walked away, Yuri. Do you know how crushed I was? You didn’t trust me. I would never do that to you. Never. Not even when I have to act in front of the camera with Vic. But you chose to run away when things got complicated. And now you’re saying you hated me? That is not fair, Yuri!”

“You called her Vic.” Yuri whispered, staring down on her unfinished steaks.

Nichkhun said, “I don’t u-“

“Do you like her?” Yuri asked, cutting him off completely.

Blinking, Nichkhun gaped at her sudden question before sighing, “I don’t know. Maybe.”

“Even more than me?” She whispered again, her voice sounded strained.

“No.” Nichkhun answered calmly, “It was different from what we had.”

Yuri bit her lips, swallowing the lump in , “And you asked me why I didn’t trust you?!”

“That’s a different story, Yuri.”

“It doesn’t matter!” Yuri yelled, standing on her foot, “She made her way into your heart and you allowed it to happen. I don’t like any of those guys I’m seeing or flirting with. But you, oppa, how could you?”

“We are not together, Yuri.” Nichkhun looked into her watery eyes, his heart clenched a little, “What do you expect me to do? Mopping around the house, eating chocolate ice cream? That’s not how it works.”

Yuri frowned, the tears now running down her cheeks, “That’s a cruel thing to say.”

“What you did was crueler.”

Angry, Yuri grabbed the glass and threw the content on his face before stormed to her room, slamming her door. Nichkhun watched as she ran, listening to the faint sound of cry. He heard a hushed voice and turned to see six figures, standing behind the kitchen counter, mixed looks on their faces.

Taecyeon was looking at him with sympathy while the girls were glaring at him. Sooyoung was the first to move, saying, “You’re an idiot.”

Nichkhun slumped in his seat, “Yeah, maybe I am.”

---

Junsu bit the end of the pencil, his brows furrowed as his feet dangled on the table. He was in the apartment, trying to think of lyrics of a new song he was working on, just for fun. Knowing well that the CEO wouldn’t be interested of what he had in store, Junsu decided to just do it anyway. Maybe one day he’d change his mind.

 The door creaked open and Taecyeon stepped in followed by Nichkhun and Chansung. Junsu gave the two a questioning look as Nichkhun slammed the front door before threw himself on the couch, his hand rubbing his temple.

Taecyeon sat next to him, “Nichkhun.”

“Please don’t.” Nichkhun sighed, closing his eyes and leaned his head backward. Chansung who stood at the front door shrugged and went to his room. 

Clueless of the damp mood, Junsu asked, “What happened?”

Nichkhun stayed silent, his eyes were still closed and Taecyeon replied in his behalf, “Well, we made a plan for Nichkhun and Yuri to talk things out and let’s just say it ended pretty badly.”

“Did Yuri burst out?”

Nodding, Taecyeon reached for a mineral bottle and took a gulp, “She threw a drink on him.”

Junsu smiled despite Nichkhun’s hardened face and put his feet down before focusing his gaze on his friend. His tensed shoulder and clenched jaw showed just how much in a dismay he was. Junsu spoke up, “I’m just going to ask you a question and you have to answer it in honesty.”

“Shoot.” Nichkhun sat straight up.

“Do you want Yuri back?”

“I-I don’t know.” Nichkhun answered after a few seconds passed, his eyes darted from Taecyeon to Junsu, “I mean, yes, I miss her but I’m still hurt-”

“It’s a simple question with a simple answer, Khun.” Junsu cut him off, his elbows propped on the table, “Yes or no?”

Nichkhun blinked, his palms were sweaty and his heart beat a little faster and sighed, “Yes.”

A smile crept over Taecyeon’s face as he ran fingers through his hair and said, “I knew it.”

“Then, you should fight for what you love, Nichkhun.” Junsu told him, his eyes were boring into Nichkhun’s own eyes.

“But it’s not that easy, hyung.” Nichkhun threw his hands in midair in frustration.

Junsu shook his head, “It’s not easy because you make it difficult. If you want something, you hold onto that, never let it go. If you want Yuri, win her heart back. It doesn’t matter who started it first.”

“Yeah, Khun.” Taecyeon patted his back, “I know she still loves you.”

Nichkhun closed his eyes again, leaning on the couch, his hands rubbing his face in an exasperating manner and the two guys left him deep in his thoughts.

---

The vague sound of the music was drowned as everyone in the café chatted and Tiffany was alone in her seat, bored. She scrolled through her phone, finding nothing amusing or worth her attention and turned back to her strawberry milkshake, sipping the sweet drink. She examined her nails and noticed that she needed a new appointment at the salon.

She was too focused on her pastel pink nails to notice the chair opposite to her was pulled back and a black dressed guy sat down. He greeted, “Fany.”

Surprised, her eyes widened but she regained her sense as she recognized the handsome young guy in front of her, “Woo.”

“I’ve been looking for you.” Wooyoung said as he took off his Ray Ban.

Tiffany raised her brows, “Stalker much?”

“I just want the picture back.” Wooyoung growled as Tiffany gave her an innocent look, batting her eyelashes, “I know you still have it, Fany.”

Shrugging, Tiffany replied, “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

Wooyoung narrowed his eyes and snatched her glass before sipping it with Tiffany trying to take it back, “Hey!”

“I’m thirsty.”

“Then buy one for yourself.” Tiffany scowled as Wooyoung slurped it finish.

“I’m not going to spend 4000 won on a cup of coffee.”

Tiffany crossed her arms, muttering, “Cheapskate.”

Wooyoung beamed, a twinkle of amusement in his eyes, “Besides, you used to buy me drinks, Fany.”

“You said it yourself.” Tiffany gave him a glare, “Used to.”

Silence enveloped them with only distant melody sounded and the chatters among the customers still floating around. The two of them stared into each other’s eyes, engulfed in their memories when they used to be best friends and hang out with each other just as they were doing right now.

Wooyoung would order a cup of cinnamon latte and Tiffany generously paid for him every time. The laughter they shared as Wooyoung constantly making lame jokes about whiskey and peanut butter jam. Wooyoung sighed and leaned forward, “What happens to us, Fany?”

Swallowing a lump down , Tiffany answered, “I don’t know, Woo. Everything is just so messed up.”

“I heard about your plan.”

“Then you must have heard that it didn’t end well.” Tiffany said in a tired tone.

Wooyoung nodded, “Those two are just too stubborn.”

“Well, we did our part.” Tiffany shrugged, “The rest depends on them.”

Smiling, Wooyoung suddenly grabbed Tiffany’s phone from the table and slid it unlock. He frowned, “Zac Efron?”

“Yeah, he’s hot. Give me my phone back, Woo!” Tiffany leaned, her hand stretched out but Wooyoung was quick to dodge her attacks. He kept inspecting her phone as Tiffany tried her hardest to take it back before leaned back in defeat, “Ugh, you use my weakness.”

“You’re such a er for these deep conversations, Fany.” Wooyoung grinned in satisfaction, “Too bad I know you too well, huh?”

Tiffany forced a smile, “Yeah, unfortunately.”

---

A/N: I'm forever grateful by the number of subbies since I last updated this story. Thanks a lot guys xoxo Fair warning, this story is coming to an end. And you can request which couple you like to read more about :) other than Khunri. Till then, enjoy loves! <3