evergreen part one

everblue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Much to Luhan's relief, the moment his eyes met Sehun's the next morning, he felt a rush of happiness envelope his heart. Those pretty blue eyes stared at him expectantly, even as other students rushed in. The teacher seemed not to care about anyone else, just his younger soulmate. His lips curled into a grin that one could have easily described as lovesick. He even failed to greet the other students: he was too caught up in staring at the boy who had stolen his heart by ease. Green had finally seeped into his world the moment his eyes fell on the scrawny boy. He had never been happier, albeit his soul ached for how they could not be together twenty-four seven. If it was his choice, he would not have let the little blond out of his sight.

Sehun did not come from a happy family, after all. It had been wrecked by the accident that killed his mother. If his father had been paying attention, if he had not been so caught up in the song he was humming along to, maybe things would not have turned out that way. While the youngest and his father survived the crash, Sehun's mother did not. He still remembered the last time he saw her: she was already lifeless, cold. 

He and his father got along well, but they were not as strong as they had needed to be. Life was sour, empty...right until now. As he realized that he had finally found the one, Sehun had sworn to himself that he would never let go of Luhan. He would be there for him forever.

However, they could not be together in public yet. It hurt physically: to have the boy so close, to feel his stare, see his tiny form, inhale his scent that seemed to linger around everywhere in the classroom but not be able to hug him, kiss him, make sure that he would never break, that he would never leave. 

Sehun hated this feeling. He hated how they had to pass a test before they could properly together. It was a despicable move from the school. After all, it could took months to prepare for such a thing. Just a day ago he had thought he would have been able to endure them with just staring at his sweet little lover but...No. 

He needed to have Luhan in his arms.

Maybe it was his sanity fading. Maybe it was the twisted memories creeping back into his mind, the sight of his dead mother, his mourning father, then new women every week, the man trying to find salvation, withering, struggling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter