Let's Get Away

In Full Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few hours into the afternoon, Hakyeon received a call from Taekwoon telling him that he was off work and could meet him now. Hakyeon told him that they could meet at Hakyeon’s childhood park. His nerves were off the roof.

 

As he rode his car to the park, Hakyeon had to use all his strength to not turn the car around and come up with an excuse he could tell Taekwoon later on why he did not make it. Hakyeon knew he could not run away though. Jiwoo knew, and Taekwoon and him need to know how they were going to handle it. Hakyeon could not keep that fact away from Taekwoon. A healthy relationship was not built in lies. His relationship with Taekwoon was never going to be unhealthy. Hakyeon was going to make sure of that.

 

Hakyeon gulped. His hands tightened around the steering wheel. His eyes were on the road, and he thought of nothing more but Taekwoon. Not the future, not about what could happen, just Taekwoon. He made it to his destination determined about saying what he needed to say.

 

Taekwoon was already there. Hakyeon guessed that while waiting for him to get there, he found a couple of buddies, because he was currently kicking a ball with a couple of children. Hakyeon smiled and leaned against a tree. He smiled softly. Taekwoon held a wide smile on his face as he kicked the ball as hard as he could. The children playing laughed as they watched the ball fly high and then ran to it when it fell. Taekwoon chuckled at little and turned around while loosening his tie. He looked up and noticed that Hakyeon was there.

 

“Hi,” Hakyeon mouthed and waved. Taekwoon waved back and jogged to him. “Hey,” Hakyeon said when Taekwoon was near him.

“What’s wrong? Why did you wanted to see me?” Taekwoon asked. He was worried.

Hakyeon pouted and shook his head. “That’s not the way to greet me,” Hakyeon stopped leaning against the tree and hugged Taekwoon. “Hi, Taekwoonie,” Hakyeon said again.

Taekwoon hugged Hakyeon back and rested his head on Hakyeon’s shoulder. “Hi, Hakyeonie. Have you been doing well?” Taekwoon was warm and slightly sweaty, but Hakyeon did not care. His rising nerves simmered down.

“Yeah, I’m okay,” Hakyeon smiled. He leaned back a little to look more directly at Taekwoon’s face. “Though what I'm about to say makes me a little less okay,” Hakyeon frowned a little.

Taekwoon caressed Hakyeon’s face, “What? What is it?”

Hakyeon sighed and leaned into Taekwoon’s touch. After a few seconds, he put his hands on top of Taekwoon’s and grabbed it. “Let's walk,” Hakyeon said as he brought their connected hands to his side.

“Okay,” Taekwoon nodded and pursed his lips shut.

 

Hakyeon knew Taekwoon was frustrated with Hakyeon not saying what he needed to say. He just did not know how to word it. Should he say that Jiwoo knew first or that she left because she knew? Hakyeon sighed and looked down. How should he even start talking?

 

After a few minutes, Hakyeon knew he had to start talking. Endlessly walking was not an option to stall anymore. He took a deep breath and asked, “Has… Has Jiwoo talked to you lately?”

Taekwoon looked at him and blinked a couple of times, “Yes, why?”

“When? What did she talk about?” Hakyeon looked back at Taekwoon.

Taekwoon narrowed his eyes, confused about why Hakyeon was asking such questions. Hakyeon could not blame him. He had never asked before. “Last night, she just said she was happy for me. I don’t know why,” Taekwoon looked down, “She did not sound happy. She sounded like she was in the verge of tears.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter