Soul mate 101

In Full Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hakyeon laid flat on his bed looking at the ceiling. He was trying to absorb everything that had happened during the day. He went on his first official date with Taekwoon. They went to the museum. They went to eat. Taekwoon surprised him by taking him to some forest trails. Under one of the most striking views he had ever seen, he kissed Taekwoon. Hakyeon smiled a little as he thought of that moment. He sighed though about what happened next. In the car, on the way back, Taekwoon agreed to talk to his family over them. Hakyeon remembered it clearly.

 

Hakyeon was looking down in embarrassment and away from Taekwoon. In an effort to lighten up the mood, Hakyeon rambled about how it was getting dark so they should start heading back home. Taekwoon rolled his eyes and followed Hakyeon as the older speed walked back to the car. On the way back, Hakyeon focused his attention once again to the outside. Be it day or night, it was all very pretty.

 

His concentration over the outside world was broken when Taekwoon spoke. “I’ll try,” He merely said.

Hakyeon looked at him and raised a brow. “Try what?”

He saw Taekwoon gulp, “To talk to them. I’ll try to see what they think about soulmates.”

Hakyeon blinked a couple of times cluelessly, but then he remembered about the conversation they had some nights ago at the cafe. He gave Taekwoon a small smile and gently put a hand on Taekwoon’s bicep. “Thank you,” He said softly.

 

Hakyeon sighed softly. He did not know how he was going to approach his father with the subject, but he had to try somehow. It was a subject that could not be stalled longer. Hakyeon needed to know if there was a chance, however tiny it could be, of Taekwoon and him being together. He was going to ask tomorrow, Sunday. Since Hakyeon visited his father most Sundays in the first, it would not be unusual to show up to his father’s estate.

 

Different scenarios of how it would all go down ran through his head. In some, his father would answer all his questions without a problem. In others, he answered with suspicion. In some more, he figured it out and got angry at Hakyeon. Hakyeon gulped, scared of that outcome. It seemed most plausible. It could ruin Hakyeon's chances of seeing Taekwoon again, and it terrified him. Maybe he should call Taekwoon. Maybe he should say mission abort and that it was a bad i-

 

The phone rang, interrupting his thoughts.

 

Without checking the caller-id, Hakyeon answered it, “Hello.”

“Hello!” His happy-go-lucky best friend in the whole wide world (Jaehwan told him to call him that from now on) answered.

Just the person he needed to hear from. Hakyeon smiled. Jaehwan was sure to flush all his worries down the toilet. “Hello, Jaehwan,” Hakyeon greeted him, “How are you?”

“I’m good,” Jaehwan said, “but that’s not important. What about you? How’d it go?”

Of course Jaehwan wanted to know about the date. “It went well,” Hakyeon answered simply.

“It went well?” Jaehwan seemed dissatisfied with the answer. “Just well?”

“Yeah,” Hakyeon nodded.

“Details, hyung! Details!” Jaehwan screamed through the phone. It startled Hakyeon. “Give me the juicy stuff. Did something happen?”

Should Hakyeon tell him that Taekwoon and him kissed? “Well, um…” Hakyeon looked down, not really knowing if he should say it or not.

“Yes? Something happened?” Jaehwan tried pushing it out of him.

“We, uh…” Hakyeon rolled on his stomach. He suddenly felt like a girl talking about her crush to her best friend. It was not half wrong, but he still did not like the imagery.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter