Chapter 2

Call Me JB Hyung : Sequel

Call Me JB Hyung : Sequel Chapter 2

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Two days ago JB hyung and I both couldn't look each other in the eye because of the video Jr hyung made his friend send. After the date the other day, and the talk that night, we can finally look each other in the eye now without suddenly looking away. 

 

The video has become something like a secret between us. Something only the two of us know. 

 

I woke up late this morning. I was surprised when my shoulder started shaking and I opened my eyes to JB hyung. I was sitting up and he was holding me up patting my back and shaking my shoulder. 

 

He laughed as I groaned and glared at the alarm.

 

"I turned it off after you didn't wake up." he said.

 

“I really didn't wake up to turn it off?" I asked surprised.

 

He shook his head and I stared at him. My eyes closed a little and he started shaking me again.

 

"Ok. Ok. I'm awake now." I said rubbing my eyes.

 

"Go shower. Hurry. I made some food." he said. 

 

I stared at him and he nodded again. "You really cooked?" I asked eyes wide.

 

"Hey. Unlike Choi Youngjae, Im Jaebum can cook a good meal." he said.

 

As soon as the words left his mouth we both started laughing. I hit him on the shoulder and clapped at him being able to make me laugh so hard as soon as I wake up.

 

"Jackson is bringing everyone later. He said he's bringing some pizza and cola but we should eat now. I don't know what time they're really coming." he said.

 

I nodded and yawned, checking my phone for any calls from my mom before going to shower. 

 

When I returned from the shower and finished getting dressed JB hyung suddenly walked back in the room. I could already tell from his face that he was annoyed at me taking so long.

 

"I'm finished. I'm finished." I said laughing. "You know you can eat without me hyung." I said.

 

He didn't reply. I followed him back to to the kitchen laughing.

 

He cooked kimchi soup. He wanted me to try it out first because it was his first time making it after looking up the ingredients online. I laughed and ate it. I could tell it made him happy when I praised the food he made.

 

Like Jackson hyung, JB hyung also likes to be praised. 

 

He is actually good at cooking. He knows how to make a lot more than I do, and he even makes it taste better. 

 

After we finished eating we spent some time watching a drama. Then I was forced to do some exercises JB hyung found online.

 

When Jackson hyung still didn't arrive we started cleaning up a little. 

 

While JB hyung was away, I made sure to always clean up. I made sure nothing was left out of place because he is a neat person that doesn't like things out of place. Even though he wasn't home with me, I didn't want him to suddenly come home to a dirty apartment.

 

I learned so much cleaning while he was away that it's become a habit that I clean even when it's not dirty, something JB hyung always does. He looked surprised when I offered to clean more than I usually would.

 

We finished cleaning even the bathroom and Jackson hyung still didn't call. It was after we finished watching another drama that Jackson hyung finally called to say he was coming with Mark hyung. I soon got a message from BamBam that Jr hyung was bringing him and Yugyeom. 

 

We were laying around watching TV when there was a sudden loud knock on the door. Of course it's Jackson hyung because he never uses the door bell. So JB hyung went to open the door. 

 

Only minutes later and Jr hyung came with Yugyeom and BamBam. Jackson hyung surprisingly brought some scary movies with the pizza and cola. He wanted us to watch them together.

 

I whined.

 

"Why do we have to watch them?" I asked laughing. It's not that I'm scared of scary movies. It's just watching stuff like that always comes to my mind when I'm about to go to sleep.

 

"Because I heard its good, and I'm not going to watch it by myself." Jackson replied, smirking. 

 

I sighed and sat between Yugyeom and Jr hyung. I grabbed a pizza slice and hoped the movies weren't as scary as they looked. 

 

Of course all of the three movies we watched had so many parts where I yelled at the TV or covered my eyes. By the end of the second movie I knew I wasn't going to be able to sleep tonight.

 

"That was good." BamBam said.

 

"Youngjae hyung is scared." Yugyeom said laughing. "When he holds his hands like that it's always because he's scared."

 

I looked down at my hands and sighed.

 

Jackson hyung suddenly grabbed my hands and I looked up at him. "It's not scary." he said.

 

"What?" I laughed and pointed at him. "You screamed too. You were scared hyung." I continued.

 

"I was not. It's not real. Just think it was funny instead." he replied.

 

"H-how am I supposed to do this?" I asked laughing. He just patted my shoulder. "You're scared of cucumbers and scary movies." he said.

 

"But I'm not scared of cucumbers." I said, amazed at his words.

 

"Your body is scared of them. And you're also scared of rollercoasters."

 

How did the conversation end up here?

 

"But that's scary." I said. "You're also scared of them too." I said wide eyed.

 

"No. No. I can't ride because of my health. I have a weak heart so I can't ride them. You're just scared of them." he replied. 

 

"But it's no-Ok. Ok. I'm scared." I said laughing. If you continue to argue with Jackson hyung it will never go anywhere. 

 

"Hey. It's not funny." I pointed towards Yugyeom who looked like Jackson hyung has made a joke unlike any other joke he's ever heard before.

 

"Ok. Ok. Let's play a game." Jr hyung said, but he was laughing hard too. 

 

"Let's do of course game." Mark hyung said.

 

"No. No Lets-"

 

"I know! Let's play King." BamBam said loudly. He seemed eager to play the game. I remember the last time we played the game. 

 

"King game!" Yugyeom yelled. 

 

I laughed. He still really likes the king game. 

 

The last time we played using soda I remember I almost drank a whole bottle of cola because I wasn't sure if JB hyung would be willing to do the staring with me. In the end we stared at each other. Jr hyung wanted number 3 and 5 to stare lovingly into each other's eyes.

 

When JB hyung said he was number 5 it shocked me. At that time since we were really awkward l didn't know what to do to please him. I really tried to please him back then. I think I still do it. It's just...he really changed my life. I can't imagine how it would be if...if I lost him. 

 

I had so many worries back then, but all that time JB hyung...he liked me.

 

Did he like me then too? During the game?

 

I glanced at him and he was busy staring at something on the TV.

 

"Ok. Let's start. King game." Jr hyung said. 

 

"Where are the cards?" Mark hyung asked.

 

"I have them." Jr hyung lifted the cards in his hands. I wondered when he went to get them.

 

"We have to make it funny this time." Jackson hyung said. 

 

"If it's not funny then the person who is king will get a punishment." Yugyeom said.

 

"Ayyye." BamBam said.

 

"Ok. Ok. That sounds good." JB hyung said. He finally turned off the TV to focus on the game.

 

We quickly formed a circle and Jr hyung shuffled the cards before handing them out. I didn't want to play before, but as soon as I got my card and looked at my number I turned it away from everyone else, trying to peek at their cards too. It's always like this.

 

"Ok I'm king." Jr hyung suddenly said.

 

"Ayye...It happened the same the other time!" I said surprised. 

 

Jr hyung looked happy as usual. He looked at each of us with a smirk on his face. When he doesn't look sad, he's always planning something.

 

"Number 5 and 3..."

 

I quickly looked at my card to see the number 2. I sighed and smiled wide.

 

"Number 5 and 3 should..." Jr hyung stopped talking. It looked like he was really thinking about it to choose the same numbers as the last time. "Should kiss each other on the cheek and say something loving."

 

"Ahhh. No...." Jackson hyung squealed. 

 

"Ew." BamBam said.

 

I laughed loudly.

 

"Who's number 5 and 3?" Jr hyung asked. 

 

"5." Jackson hyung raised his hand. I glanced around and noticed Yugyeom wasn't talking.

 

"Yugyeomiee!" I yelled, loudly laughing. I've been waiting for this for a long time. It always makes me happy when Yugyeom has to do something embarrassing. He always looks cute doing it. I noticed JB hyung dying of laughter too.

 

We all laughed.

 

"You two stand up." Jr hyung said. 

 

"Ahhh..." Mark hyung suddenly squealed and it made me laugh even harder. 

 

"Let's do this like men." Jackson hyung said. He grabbed Yugyeom's cheeks. 

 

I snickered, almost wanting to look away but I couldn't miss it.

 

"1!" Mark hyung yelled.

 

"2!" Mark and Jr hyung yelled.

 

"3!" we yelled and Jackson hyung kissed Yugyeom on the cheek. Yugyeom hesitated a little but returned the kiss.

 

I cheered and laughed loudly. Seeing Yugyeom like this always makes me laugh loudly. Because he always makes fun of me. He knows I can never be annoyed at him.

 

"Yugyeomie. I want you to know that you do your best as the youngest and I love you ok?" Jackson hyung said staring right at Yugyeom who had his head lowered.

 

He looked like he was dying.

 

"Say something to me. Hurry." Jackson said.

 

"Jack-Jackson hyung...pfft..." Yugyeom started laughing loudly.

 

"Hey! Kim Yugyeom!" Jackson yelled.

 

"Jackson hyung you are the best at making us laugh. Thank you for making us smile." he said.

 

"And?" Jackson said.

 

Yugyeom really looked like he was dying.

 

"And...and...?" he looked confused.

 

"I love you Yugyeomie!" Jackson hyung yelled.

 

I laughed loudly and this time I had to cover my eyes and lower my head from embarrasement. 

 

"Ah...pfft...ok....I love...too Jackson hyung." Yugyeom said. 

 

Jackson hyung pulled him into a hug and we began to cheer. Yugyeom looked like we made him do something he's never done before. He probably hasn't. I mean...I haven't said I love you to anyone besides my parents and my siblings. 

 

"Ok let's play again." JB hyung said. He suddenly looked really eager to play. 

 

Once again we got in a circle.

 

"I'm king!" Yugyeom yelled loudly. 

 

I laughed loudly.

 

He looked at each one of us closely, a wide smile on his face.

 

"3...."

 

I looked down at my card and sighed. 

 

I'm 4.

 

"These two should...pop three balloons by hugging in 30 seconds. If they fail three times then they should kiss!"

 

"Hey. What are you saying?" JB hyung asked.

 

"Kiss where?" Jackson hyung asked.

 

"What do you mean where?" JB hyung said. He looked surprised.

 

"You mean on the lips?" Mark hyung asked.

 

"For real?" BamBam asked. 

 

"Only if they fail three times. I'm king." Yugyeom said.

 

"That's a little..." BamBam said.

 

"Isn't it weird?" I asked laughing nervously. Suddenly I remembered the video. Suddenly I became so flustered and lowered my head. 

 

"Ok. Ok. What's the numbers?" JB asked. I quickly glanced at him, shocked. He had no expression on his face. I looked down at my card again.

 

"3 and..." I mumbled.

 

"4 and 3!" Yugyeom yelled.

 

I lifted my head.

 

"I'm 3." JB said.

 

I lowered my head.

 

Out of all two numbers. JB hyung is 3 and I'm 4? How can it happen? How can we kiss in front of everyone!

 

"Youngjae hyunggg!" BamBam yelled.

 

"Ah...you see. Isn't this a little weird. It's strange...to...to...kiss on the...the lips. It's a bit-"

 

"It's not like it matters. You're both guys. It's only if you lose the balloons three times. I'm king." Yugyeom repeated.

 

I sighed and followed JB hyung to standing up. "Really this is strange..." I said again nervously laughing. I kept remembering the stupid video.

 

"Where are the balloons?" Mark hyung asked.

 

"There's some in my room." JB disappeared inside his room and Mark followed him. They came back with some balloons that I have never seen before. Suddenly everything seemed planned, but it couldn't be because I chose my own card.

 

"Blow them first." Jackson hyung said.

 

"No. No. You have to do it in the 30 seconds." Yugyeom said.

 

"That's impossible." BamBam said.

 

"How about one minute? At least one balloon." Jr hyung said. I noticed a small smirk on his lips. 

 

He's having fun.

 

"Ok. Ok. Let's do it. Youngjae." JB said. I looked up at him and nodded. It's no use trying to stop him because he's secretly really competitive. 

 

"Ok. Start." Yugyeom suddenly said.

 

JB hyung quickly blew up one balloon. As soon as he finished I hugged him tight. He hugged tight too. To someone else it would be uncomfortable, but JB hyung usually holds on to me tight when he's sleeping. It's one of his sleeping habits, even if he won't admit it. 

 

"It's not popping!" he yelled loudly, laughing.

 

I squeezed my eyes tight and he squeezed me tighter. I could feel someone pushing me from behind.

 

What is this? It's really not popping!

 

"What are you two doing? 40 seconds!" Jackson hyung yelled. I squeezed tighter and JB hyung yelled loudly that's it's not popping.

 

"Wait. Wait."

 

I opened my eyes and Jr hyung pulled us apart. I looked down and the balloon really didn't pop. 

 

"It's your jacket." Jr hyung said.

 

JB looked at his jacket then up at me. "A-ah." he said quickly opening his jacket. 

 

We tried again.

 

"10 seconds!" BamBam started counting down.

 

We hugged tighter and the ballon popped just as it hit 1 second." 

 

"Ah!" I laughed and fell on the floor.

 

"It doesn't pop." I said.

 

"You failed. Two more times." Yugyeom said. 

 

"Wait a minute. We have to make it one time right?" JB asked. 

 

"One time in one minute or kiss." Yugyeom said smiling wide. Usually I would think he would be too embarrassed to even say that but Yugyeomie has grown up too. 

 

"We can do this." JB said. I looked up at him and he suddenly pulled me up.

 

"Ready. Start."

 

I watched as he blew up the balloon quickly. I hugged him as soon as he finished tying it. We hugged tight, really tight. I had a feeling that he also didn't want to have to kiss in front of the guys. 

 

Of course I wouldn't be able to do it at all. Yugyeom would just have to be mad at me. 

 

"30 seconds!" Jackson yelled.

 

I felt someone push me again. I opened my eyes and saw Jr hyung pushing JB hyung closer to me. JB hyung's hands tightened around me.

 

"W-wait a minute..." I laughed when he squeezed so hard it started to hurt.

 

"20 seconds!" BamBam yelled and started counting down. 

 

"Ah! Why isn't it popping?" I yelled laughing. 

 

"10!" BamBam yelled.

 

"9!" Yugyeom yelled.

 

"8-" 

 

The balloon popped right when Mark hyung yelled the number 8. I yelled loudly and laughed. I could hear JB hyung cheering too. He does really hate losing.

 

"You almost failed again." Yugyeom said.

 

"We made it." JB said. He glanced at me and I smiled and lifted my hand up. "High five." I said in English. It's one of the many English words Jackson hyung taught me.

 

We high fived and I smiled wide.

 

"Ok. Ok. One more game." Jackson hyung said.

 

"No more kissing this time." Yugyeom said. We all agreed and formed a circle again.

 

Mark hyung got king. We wondered what he would ask but instead of asking two people he called out number 7 and BamBam raised his hand up before he was supposed to.

 

I laughed loudly and wondered even more what Mark hyung would ask.

 

"Actually, I want to hear BamBam's Thai rap again."

 

"Ah! I remember. I want to hear it again too." I said, quickly remembering the rap BamBam did almost three years ago when we played the game for the first time.

 

"Thai rap go!" Mark hyung yelled in English. He looked excited.

 

We listened to BamBam's rap and Yugyeom even tried to follow. It made us all laugh.

 

We played some more games after that before the guys started leaving. First Jr hyung with BamBam and Yugyeom, and then Jackson and Mark hyung left together. 

 

JB hyung and I sat in silence staring at the TV for a little while after they left. The awkwardness from the video was gone. Even though I remembered it earlier. We were talking normally the whole day so I didn’t think-

 

"Youngjae. Hey!"

 

I snapped from my thoughts and turned to JB hyung who was standing up. "Your phone." He pointed to my phone on the table and I quickly picked it up.

 

"Youngjae-ah I've called so many times you didn't pick up to me why?" my mom suddenly asked and I panicked and got up, walking towards JB hyung's room that has slowly sort of become our room.

 

I still need to talk to him about getting my own bed. Or finding my own place.

 

"Youngjae-ah! Should your mom come over now and see what's keeping you so busy? You only have two more days until you go back to your part time work right? Have you thought about looking into jobs? I told you to major in medical. It would have been such a-"

 

"Is this because you want me to come pick up coco now?" I asked her laughing. She's recently been like this a lot.

 

"No. Leave coco with me. She's keeping me company. I don't see my son anymore. You don't even tell me what you want to do for a job. I called so much." she said.

 

"Mom..." I sighed and slowly smiled. "Jackson hyung brought some scary movies so I didn't hear my phone ring, I'm sorry." I apologized to her.

 

I smiled at the sound of her sigh.

 

"Your dad keeps asking. I didn't have time to talk to you about it before you left yesterday. How about your job? You need to get a real one. Don't you think you should move back now?" she asked.

 

"I've been talking with teacher Kim about getting a real job and he's helping me with it. Please don't talk bad about what I want to do." I said.

 

"What is it you want to do? Even though we told you medical." my mom said.

 

"Music therapy mom. I even explained to you both. I want to help people heal through music. Music helps me heal." I replied her, falling on the bed with a smile at the thought of being able to help people with music.

 

"Is it about singing again? I thought you got over that." my mom said.

 

"Do you really have coco to comfort you mom? Why are you suddenly calling to say all of this?" I became a little annoyed. There was a short silence and I heard her sigh again.

 

"Don't you think it's time for you to come back home? You can't live at Jaebum-ah's apartment forever. He only has one room and one bed isn't that right? Your room is empty here." 

 

The sudden change of topic made me get up, only to suddenly catch eyes with JB hyung who was leaning on the door with a slice of pizza. I smiled at him. He smiled back and continued eating.

 

"I'll talk to him about it mom." I tried not to say so loud.

 

"What is there to talk to Jaebum about? Youngjae-ah your mom misses you. Coco misses you too. It's so quiet without you here. Your dad always goes to work and my friend doesn't need help right now. Your mom misses you." she said.

 

I felt embarrassed. 

 

"I know. I know. I've been thinking of getting a place of my own too. Mom don't you think we will fight more if I come back?"

 

"But we didn't fight before." she quickly said.

 

"But mom...we have a lot of differences. And I'm an adult now. I'm going to do service like Jaebum hyung. Then I want to go study in a different country to learn more English and then I'll become a music therapist." I said smiling wide.

 

The bed moved and I turned to my right. JB hyung was sitting down. He pushed himself back so he was leaning on the wall. I sat in front of him a bit nervous. I've never talked to him about my plans before. It's a bit funny. When we first met I told him everything. Now he tells me what he wants and I don't tell him anything at all.

 

Well he's only been back for three days or so. But I stopped telling him a lot even before he left for service. 

 

It's not that I don't want to tell him. It’s just that the chance never comes up. I'd rather listen to his worries and try to help him then talk about mine.

 

"Youngjae-ah..."

 

"I know. I know mom. I'll come and talk with you more about it. Please...tomorrow I'll come." I said, trying to get her off the phone and turn around to look at whatever JB hyung was doing behind me. 

 

It took a bit more begging but finally I got her off the phone. 

 

"I think there's a lot more we should talk about too." JB hyung's voice fill the room not even seconds after I ended the call.

 

I turned around to face him. He was still eating his pizza, looking at me with a serious look on his face. It makes me nervous when I can actually read his expression, and he doesn't look happy at all.

 

"Wha-what's wrong hyung?" I tried to laugh it off. I still really don't like it when it gets so serious between us. It makes me feel like JB hyung is mad at me, and I can never tell what he's really thinking. 

 

He looked me straight in the eye.

 

"I asked you to move in, not housesit for me." he said.

 

Oh...so he heard that part too?

 

"Uh...I know." I replied. A short silence passed.

 

"But hyung...don't you think it's too much for us to keep sleeping on the same bed together all the time? We even use the same blanket. Isn't it crowded for you?" I asked.

 

"Is it for you?" he asked me.

 

I shook my head no.

 

It's not. I don't mind it.

 

"Then why do you think it is for me?" he asked. 

 

I didn't know how to reply. He sounded annoyed. I couldn't tell his expression anymore, but he still looked serious. I don't know what to do. I still never know what to do when he’s not smiling, but looking at me with a blank and serious face. 

 

"That and...you've never told me about what you want to do." he suddenly said. I stared at him as he moved towards the edge of the bed and got up. I quickly got up and followed him to the kitchen.

 

"Because I'm not sure yet." I said. 

 

"You didn't even tell me what subject you chose to study." he said.

 

Why is he getting so annoyed?

 

I watched him washing dishes. He finished and turned around to face me. It's these moments I wish either my phone would ring or coco would come running to me.

 

But coco is with my mom, and my phone was silent.

 

"Wha...what is all this suddenly hyung?" I tried to laugh it off.

 

His expression didn't change. Before I knew it he was walking towards me. I stepped back, my hands quickly going up as I tried to hide my nervousness with a small chuckle.

 

He grabbed my wrists.

 

My eyes went wide when he leaned towards me. My heart began beating so fast. I hoped he didn't hear it. We've done this so may times already but I still sometimes get so nervous, especially when I can't read his expression. How am I going to be able to-

 

The kiss was short. 

 

JB hyung pulled away and then pulled me into a hug.

 

“Why am I acting like this?" he asked me. I didn't say anything, but returned the hug and didn't complain when he tightened his hold around me.

 

"I'm acting strange too right?" I asked.

 

He sighed into my ear and laughed. I felt comfortable, feeling his breath on my neck. Is that something weird to say? Well I already know that I'm weird. 

 

I'm weird for liking my hyung so much. I'm weird for always wanting to do anything to make him happy, and to make him laugh.

 

"Ah...spit..." I chuckled when some saliva hit my neck as he continued laughing. I pulled him away and yelled. "There's spit on my neck!" 

 

He just laughed some more, walking towards the couch. 

 

I followed him, wiping my neck hard. I didn't know whether to feel disgusted or happy that he was on the couch laughing instead of glaring at me with no expression like he was doing a few minutes ago.

 

"I chose to study music therapy hyung." I said, sitting next to him.

 

"Music therapy?" he asked. "What is it?"

 

I'm happy to explain.

 

"Maybe it doesn't look like it but I really like music hyung. I like to sing too. Music therapy is when you use music to help people heal and feel better. I saw it on TV when I was younger. When I found out your school has it, I had to fight my parents to study it. That's why I’m studying at your school. I was originally going to do medical for my parents." I said smiling.

 

"Hey!"

 

I turned towards him. He was smiling lightly.

 

"You didn't tell me." he said.

 

I shook my head and lowered it in embarrassment.

 

"It never came up." I said.

 

He hit my arm lightly and sighed. "That sounds like something you would be great at doing. Don't forget I still need to get you a piano." he said.

 

"Huh?" I stared at him, confused. "Hyung do you know how much a piano is? It's so expensive. I remember when I went to the mall with my sister and looked at one of the prices. The cheapest was worth my life." I said laughing.

 

He only chuckled back. 

 

"What else?" he asked.

 

"Huh?" I stared at him.

 

"Tell me other things you haven't told me Youngjae. I remember when we first met and you told me everything. Now you're an adult, you don't do it anymore. Talk to me and trust me like you used to." he said.

 

I stared at him. He kept his eyes away from me. Finally I chuckled.

 

"I'm not a child JB hyung." I said.

 

"Using hyung again." he quickly said.

 

"S-sorry..." I chuckled and covered my chest with both my arms. "I just feel nervous if I don't call you hyung. Isn't it weird?" I asked myself, looking away from him.

 

"Youngjae." he said.

 

"Mm?" I turned back towards him.

 

"Say it." he said. 

 

I wanted to laugh. "Your name?" I asked.

 

"What else?" he replied.

 

"I can say it hyu-" I stopped and looked away, my hand covering my cheeks. I could tell he was smirking. A hand slipped into mine and I looked at our linked hands.

 

"You really like holding hands." I said.

 

"What? You don't like it?" he asked.

 

I shook my head.

 

"No...at first I couldn't even imagine doing it. I thought it would be so embarrassing but I do it all the time with you now. It's...comfortable." I admitted.

 

He stared at me with a blank face. 

 

"Youngjae." he suddenly said my name again.

 

"Yes? Jae-Jaebum-ah" I nervously replied before pulling my hand away and getting up. "You make me so embarrassed hyung!" I yelled, rushing towards the room. 

 

He laughed loudly and I could tell he was following me. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

My phone woke me up the next morning. I was expecting it to be my mom but I was surprised to see teacher Park’s number.

 

I quickly got up and picked up my phone, slowly crawling over JB hyung and walking out the room, picking up the call.

 

"Teacher Park.” my voice really sounded as if I just woke up, but I couldn't ignore the call.

 

"Youngjae-ah. Ah, did you just wake up?" 

 

"Ah..." I laughed. "No. No. I'm fine. I'm sorry." I continued chuckling.

 

"I know it's very early but today I need a little help. I know I said you can be away the whole week but suddenly so many students are handing in papers and I have a lot of meetings I have to attend. Your old teacher will need your help."

 

"Of course! I'll come in." I quickly said. "I'll need to get ready though but-"

 

"Is that okay? I know your old teacher shouldn't ask you to do this so suddenly while your on vacation but-"

 

"Ah. It's okay. It's my job." I said laughing. "I'll get ready and try to be there really soon." I said, making my way to the bathroom to start the shower.

 

"Ah. How is it? You said your hyung returned from service?" he asked.

 

"His hair is really funny." I said laughing. "But he told me a lot about training." I said.

 

“That's good. You should know what to expect now." he said.

 

I nodded and continued laughing. 

 

"Ah, teacher Park, I'll get ready quickly and come." I said. 

 

"I'll see you. Bye."

 

I quickly put the phone down and quietly rushed to the room to get everything, not wanting to wake up JB hyung. Of course he wouldn't be awake. When I looked at the time it was only 7am.

 

I quickly finished showering and got dressed. I didn't have time to find anything to eat so I grabbed my bag, put on my shoes and quickly ran to catch the bus I know comes around the time. 

 

I missed the first bus but quickly caught the second bus and rushed to the university. I made sure to send JB hyung a text and even call my mom to tell her I couldn't come, before rushing into the teachers room.

 

Teacher Park looked relieved to see me and I quickly began working on the paperwork. Teacher Park was one of my music teachers. He's the only one that knows a lot about music therapy. He even teaches a class on music therapy. With him I talk a lot about music, and he's even trying to help me find a proper job that can help me start getting a job in music therapy. He’s already helped me a lot, to even offer me a job helping him to gain some money. 

 

Usually I help him with a few music sheets he has his students turn in. He also has other work that he taught me how to do. While JB hyung was away I went on music trips he always takes students to. He even does many exercises with music therapy, to help students understand how music really heals the heart. I had a really good time and learned a lot in his classes.

 

It's usual that teacher Park has so much work to do. Out of all the music teachers at the university, he's really the popular one. At least I think so. 

 

I got started on work quickly and he left to his first class. I stayed in the teachers room for a few hours. When teacher Park returned I asked to go buy some food. After a few hours I left to go buy some food. When I returned he was away at his third class.

 

I continued working on the papers for a while more. Teacher Park even allowed me to sit in one of his piano classes and learn about more notes.

 

I took a break after sitting in his class. I was only sitting down for a little while listening to music and playing a game on my phone when I got a call from JB hyung. I could feel a smile suddenly on my face as I picked up. 

 

"Hyung." I said laughing. 

 

"Hey. How long has it been? Did you eat?" he asked. 

 

"Huh? I ate a few hours ago. I went to buy something at the convenience store." I replied, a bit surprised at his question.

 

"I'll bring you food." he said.

 

"Huh?" I chuckled.

 

"I said I'll bring you food." he said. I could hear noise in the background. 

 

I laughed more.

 

"Ah, ok. But what are you bringing?" I asked.

 

"Of course kimchi soup." he replied. I could hear the laughter in his voice. The kimchi soup he made the other day. There was some left over.

 

I laughed some more, trying to contain it, but he always does this to me. It's what I like the most about him. When he laughs or makes me laugh so much.

 

"Hey. Why are you laughing so much?" he asked.

 

"Ah-no. Nothing. Ok. I will wait for your kimchi soup hyung." I said.

 

"Where are you?" he asked.

 

"At the university. I'm in the teachers room. I'll meet you outside when you get here." I said.

 

"Ok. I'm coming." he said.

 

I laughed and stared at the phone after he hung up. "Something really happened during army service." I said laughing. "JB hyung is really weird now." 

 

I put down my phone and started on the paperwork again. I've been working since the morning, and it's almost noon, but since it's work for music, I don't get tired at all. 

 

It didn't take JB hyung long to arrive. Even though my high school is far from the university, the university isn't very far from the apartment and he tends to drive a little fast.

 

It didn't surprise me when I got a message from him saying he was standing outside near the school. 

 

I excused myself and hurriedly went outside. He didn't stand in front of the university so it took me a little longer to find him. When I did he was sitting down on some benches that students usually eat at.

 

"Hyung." I said loudly.

 

He turned to look at me. I quickly noticed the food. He even packed it in containers. It made me laugh and run up to him.

 

"Here's the food. You better enjoy it." he said.

 

I laughed and nodded. "I'm really hungry." I said smiling at him.

 

"How long do you have?" 

 

"Huh?"

 

"When do you get off of work?" he asked.

 

"Teacher Park only has one more class. I'm finished with a lot of the other work so I think I'll be done soon. I don't think he needs me for anything else. There were a lot of papers he needed help on. I had to help grade a lot of papers too." I said laughing. 

 

Most of the time when Teacher Park asks me to grade students papers I get nervous. I don't really think I'm good in music myself yet so to grade others on their work makes me really nervous. 

 

JB nodded. "You're doing good." he said.

 

I stared at him, surprised. "T-thanks hyung." I said chuckling.

 

He nodded.

 

I watched as he put his hands in his jacket pocket and turned slightly away. 

 

"It's really cold isn't it?" I said laughing.

 

He turned to look at me and nodded. I wondered if he had anything else to say. He looked like he did. 

 

"Hyung-"

 

"I'm going to see Jinyoung. Call me when you're done. I'll come pick you up." he said.

 

I smiled and nodded. 

 

He didn't waste anymore time after that. He stood up.

 

"See you later hyung! Thank you for the food." I said.

 

He nodded and started walking away. "Make sure you call." he said.

 

"I will!" I yelled back. 

 

"He's acting weird..." I mumbled to myself watching him leave. When I couldn’t see him anymore I checked my watch and sighed, walking back to the teachers room.

 

"Youngjae. I have had you here for so long. One more set of papers for my last class and you can leave. You can come sit in for this class. It's the music therapy class." Teacher Park caught me as soon as I arrived to the teachers room.

 

"I will." I said. I always take the chances to sit in his music therapy classes because I always learn something new. Usually after the class Teacher Park helps me look at different jobs. He even let's me talk to his friends who work in music therapy.

 

"First you eat. I have a short meeting with teacher Kim. We can walk to the classroom after. I only have a few more papers to grade." he said.

 

I nodded and sat down. He pointed to my food.

 

"Did your mom bring you food? I even called you so early that you didn't have time to eat." he said. 

 

"Ah.." I laughed nervously. "No. I wanted to come so early. I actually learn something new every day. Teacher Park is also helping me find a job. Thank you." I said chuckling. "I only graduated a few months ago but it's so hard to find a job in music therapy." 

 

A hand landed on my head. I looked up at him. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

 

"This country doesn't recognize therapy." he sighed and sat down. "For us it's like taboo right? But for now it will be best to start working for small places. It is hard to work for such a big company so soon. Unless you want to become a teacher like me." he laughed. "But I don't think that's right for you. For you Youngjae, you want to use the music to help others right? Like the association. Or do you want to become a teacher like me?" he asked.

 

"I want to help others. Join the association." I replied.

 

"I am working with my friend to help you get a job in his clinic. He will also help you join the association. You won't have to come here so early to grade papers anymore." he laughed.

 

"Thank you!" I said nervously. He continued laughing and patted my head. "You were my best student Youngjae. You also help your old teacher so much." 

 

"Ah...no...." I looked away shyly and lowered my head.

 

"Eat. I'll come back, we'll go to the last class, and you can go home soon." he said. I smiled and opened JB hyung's bag. He packed me some rice with his kimchi soup.

 

I could only laugh to myself as I started eating. 

 

I finished eating quickly and finished with the rest of the paperwork. Teacher Park returned and I went with him to his last class. I helped him in class and soon the class finished and I was back in the teachers room.

 

"Youngjae-ah. It's fine to go now. You have been here for a long time. Will you need a ride today. I'll just finish these few papers." he said. 

 

"Ah...JB hyung will come pick me up." 

 

He stared at me in confusion.

 

"Ah, my hyung that came from military service. Jaebum hyung will come pick me up. He told me to call him when I'm finished." I said laughing.

 

"Oh. It's been almost a week right since his return? I remember when I returned. It's hard to come back to normal life right?" he laughed. "Call him now. There's nothing else you have to do today Youngjae. Since I called you while your on vacation should I give you two more days?" he asked.

 

"Ah...no. I enjoy working with music." I said.

 

He nodded and smiled. "You're really such a good student. I will give you another day because I took today from you. I hope I don't have to call again. I have to grade so many papers but they always call us for meeting." he said. I laughed at the face he made. "It's good that I have you to help me."

 

Teacher Park always praises me. Whenever he does I get really nervous and just chuckle and nod to his words. 

 

"I will see you in two days Youngjae. Enjoy the rest of your break. This old teacher won't bother you from your break." he said.

 

I laughed and nodded.

 

"Make sure you wear your padding jacket. It's really cold now in this country." he said. I nodded and picked up my jacket and scarf. I put on my mask and decided to text JB hyung. It didn't take long for him to call me. He told me he was coming, to meet him where I met him to get the food.

 

I said goodbye to the other teachers like usual and stepped out of the building stretching and yawning. "Maybe I am tired." I whispered to myself. 

 

I sat down on the bench for a few minutes before I heard my name. JB hyung was standing close by. I waved and got up, running towards him. He took his bag from me and looked at the containers of food.

 

"I ate everything." I said laughing.

 

"I know. Because it's good food I made." he said. I could only laugh and follow him to his car. "JB hyung is a good cook." I said.

 

“Because I need to cook for us." he said. 

 

I glanced at him and laughed. "I only know how to make soup for when your sick." I said.

 

"Make gimbap. It's easy." he suddenly said.

 

"Huh? Did JB hyung make gimbap before?" I asked.

 

"It's easy. The recipe is on the internet." he said. 

 

I laughed. "Then we should make bibimbap too." I said.

 

"Ok." he replied. "We'll make it."

 

"Seriously?" I asked.

 

"Of course. We'll learn together." he said.

 

"But I can't cook." I said, opening the door to his car and quickly getting inside. He got inside too and began doing something to the car again. Again, cold air came out, but it quickly turned warm.

 

"We'll learn together. Hey. We both can't live without knowing how to cook." he said. 

 

"But I really don't think you can eat my cooking." I said.

 

"I ate it before. You really don't want to cook? How did you eat when I was gone?" he asked.

 

"Huh? I do. Ok. We'll learn together hyung." I said chuckling. 

 

A short silence passed.

 

"Actually while you were gone I spent a lot of time at home to eat." I admitted.

 

He didn't say anything.

 

I chuckled. "Because there was no one at the apartment and my mom called me a lot to eat. She called the guys too." I said.

 

He nodded. 

 

"We should move to a bigger apartment." he suddenly said.

 

I looked at him. "A bigger one? You mean more expensive?" I asked laughing.

 

He shook his head. "You want your own room?" he asked. "We should look into finding a apartment with two rooms." he said.

 

I smiled. 

 

"Because it will become crowded on just one bed right? We should have our own rooms too. What if your parents come over and we’re sleeping in the same room?" I asked.

 

He nodded. 

 

"We'll look at apartments together." he said.

 

Another short silence passed. I felt myself falling asleep. My eyes suddenly started closing.

 

"I'm going to visit Nora tomorrow."

 

I quickly opened my eyes and turned to face him. "You're going home hyung?" I asked.

 

"Nora now stays with my parents. I want to go see her tomorrow before I have to start working again." he said.

 

I smiled. "That's good!" I yelled. "I miss Nora too. She was so cute like coco. I think Nora misses her appa now too." I said laughing. "Do you think Nora and Coco would be friends?"

 

"Maybe." he replied.

 

A short silence passed.

 

"Are you still allergic?" he suddenly asked.

 

"Huh?" I turned to him. "I'm not really...allergic." I lied. I think everytime I mention that I'm allergic to cats around JB hyung it would make him feel bad that he can't have Nora with him in his apartment. But I can tell he also gets annoyed when I mention getting my own place. He's like my mom.

 

"You know hyung..." I paused and turned to the other side and looked out the window. I started playing with my hands nervously. "You can live with Nora again." I said. " I can go back home. Actually my mom wants me to come back home." I chuckled. "She always says it's not time for me to live by myself. She's so worried." 

 

"If you want to do that then you can. I can always visit Nora at home though." he said.

 

I didn't look at him. He sounded annoyed. I really didn't want to argue. The last time we talked about Nora, when BamBam mentioned Nora and Mark hyung had to yell for us to stop talking about it, it's probably the first time JB hyung and I got in a argument. Was it even an argument?

 

When I think about it now, JB hyung and I have never had a fight once. Sure maybe we've been annoyed at eachother sometimes but we've never had a big fight about anything. I wouldn't want to fight him either. 

 

I remember when he told me he liked me and I didn't believe him. So he ignored me. It made me feel bad. I don't mind living with him. The problem is if me living with him causes an inconvenience. I don't want him to not live with Nora because of me. 

 

The rest of the drive was in silence. I didn't know what else to say and he didn't say anything else either. 

 

When we got to the apartment I hurriedly washed the containers and went to take a shower. It wasn't very late so I sat down on the couch next to JB hyung and watched TV. He was busy doing something on his computer but I couldn't see what, and I was too nervous to ask.

 

I got up to go get a bottle of water and when I returned he was still staring at his computer. It was as soon as I sat down that he said something.

 

"This place is good. But it's farther away from the university." 

 

I turned to look at him and he was pointing at a apartment building. "Since you don't have a very good job right now. We can still split rent." he said.

 

It made me suddenly want to ask about his apartment.

 

"Do you pay rent for this apartment?" I asked.

 

He turned to me and shook his head. "Actually when Jinyoung and I moved out of our old apartment, I found a small apartment and I paid rent. I visited my uncle a lot then. He visited my small space and we started talking about apartments near here. I had money saved from all of my part time jobs. We paid the security deposit and lived here because it's closer to my university and his past job." he said.

 

"Did your uncle move out?" I asked.

 

He laughed. "He only stayed here for a short while. He suddenly got married and moved out before I met you." he said.

 

"Eh? Moved out? That must be expensive." I said.

 

"He got married to a foreigner." he said. I turned to him and he chuckled. "They suddenly moved to China." he said. 

 

"Wow." I said chuckling. "So expensive." I said again.

 

"My parents paid some money too. When I move out I'll get the deposit back and I'll give it to my parents." he said. 

 

"Move out..." I mumbled.

 

"Do you...want to try being roommates?" he asked.

 

I turned to face him and chuckled. "Aren't we roommates now hyung?" I asked.

 

"You need your own room. I thought about it really. For me it's okay but for others it's not." he said.

 

I stared at him. "You want to live together?" I asked.

 

"Haven't we been already living together? Like..." he paused. I stared at him and he didn't have a specific expression. "...cohabiting." 

 

"What?" I yelled loudly. My eyes went wide and I didn't know whether to laugh or not. I giggled shyly. 

 

"Not cohabiting...that's...that's...." I could only nervously giggle.

 

"Ah, that's right. I can't forget our innocent Youngjae." he said. 

 

"Jaebum-ahh..." I groaned.

 

"Choi Youngjae..." he groaned back. "Eh? You said my name just now." he said wide eyed.

 

I hit him on the shoulder. "Hey!" he yelled.

 

It just made me laugh. He laughed with me. 

 

"Hey! Choi Youngjae!" 

 

I glanced at him and he pointed to his lips.

 

"What-what is it?" I asked chuckling.

 

"Stop that." he said.

 

"Hm?" I stared at him confused.

 

"Stop picking at your lips. It's a bad habit." he suddenly said. I stared at him.

 

He turned to the TV and I chuckled and turned to watch TV as well.

 

"Ok hyung." I mumbled. 

 

We continued playing around and watching TV. We even made gimbap like he said earlier. It didn't turn out very good in beginning. We had to call my mom and after thinking about it, he called his mom too. 

 

In the end we ate gimbap for dinner and went to sleep early. 

 

Like an old married couple on tv.

_____________________________________________________________________________________