What's For Breakfast?

How to Survive A Host Club

Seokmin was the first to awaken. His eyes bugged open and he immediately winced, limbs aching. His eyes roam towards the warmth radiating to his right and he sees Soonyoung nestled into his side, still snoozing away. He smiles at the sight and slowly slips out of Soonyoung’s koala grip around him. The sleeping boy does not let it happen easily though seeing as how as soon as Seokmin gets an inch away, he pulls him back in tighter. The younger lets out a sigh, knowing very well that there was no escape and he would eventually die a wonderful, warm death like this.

IJE WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE WAKE UP,” Seungkwan’s phone blares out, startling Seokmin who jolts up, leaving Soonyoung flopping to the ground and waking nearly everyone else.

GODDAMN IT SHUT UP,” Jihoon yells from the bedroom.

Seungkwan frantically rassles with his phone trying to disable his alarm and let's out a sigh of relief when he does. His relieved face contorts into a grimace when he finally feels his hangover kick in. He puts a hand to his temple and massages it roughly as he gets up from the floor to stumble to the kitchen.

“Where the hell are the painkillers,” Seungkwan mumbles as he fumbles around in the cupboards.

Meanwhile in the bedroom, Jihoon is crawling back under the sheets and nestling himself into Seungcheol’s side. From the outside you can only see the latter snoring up a storm and a small poof of pink hair peeking out from the blankets. It was almost endearing. But mostly gross. At least this was what Chan was thinking as he opens the door in a hurry and peeks in, looking for the bathroom. He grimaces and shuts the door.

“Mingyu-ah,” Wonwoo calls out, voice hoarse. His eyes were still closed, arms still wrapped around the younger, legs still entwined.

“Hm,” Mingyu hums.

“It's too hot,” Wonwoo complains. Mingyu only hums again in reply.

“But I don't want to let you go.”

“God, can't you guys keep it to a minimum,” Seungkwan grumbles as he re-enters the den and maneuvers around the maze of body parts of his sleeping coworkers. A small yelp is let out when Seungkwan steps on something(probably Joshua’s arm) under a white blanket. Seungkwan panics and steps off. He ends up tripping over Soonyoung’s leg and falling right on top of Hansol who let’s out a pitiful and painful huff.

“Ah shut up, it’s too noisy,” Mingyu whines, head still aching from the dehydrating effects of alcohol.

“You're the one who’s noisy,” Seokmin sneers at him.

Mingyu huffs and buries his face in Wonwoo’s hair. “Hyung, Seokmin is bullying me.”

“Shut up,” Wonwoo replies, also having enough of his boyfriend’s complaints.

“Hah!” Seokmin sticks his tongue out at the now disappointed boy.

“Holy Mother Mary in heaven,” Jisoo calls out suddenly. “What time is it?! Guys, it’s nearly 12 PM! We need to get out there and live, we can’t just waste our lives away lazing around like a bunch of sloths. Sloth is sin!”

“Josh, ever think of quitting hosting and becoming a motivational speaker or something,” Soonyoung suggests.

“Or maybe a preacher,” Seokmin mumbles and earns some chuckles from the other boys(and a glare from Jisoo).

“Alright enough teasing, he isn’t wrong,” Seungcheol interjects, appearing in the den like a phantom. “Who wants to go for a food run? My fridge is empty.” The group answered with a bunch of groans and complaints. Not even one of the boys was planning on moving anywhere anytime soon.

Seungcheol sighs, “Alright, who nominates Soonseok to go for a food run?” The response to the new question was overwhelmingly positive.

“Hey! Why us?” Soonyoung complains.

“You guys made us do cosplay week last month,” Wonwoo deadpans.

“Okay, to be fair that brought in a whole new market of clients,” argues Seokmin.

“Yeah, but you also nearly killed me with a shuriken,” Mingyu cries.

“And you made Hansol crossdress,” Seungkwan half-complains. The American boy shudders at the memory, flashbacks of the hungry eyes of fangirls run through his head.

”.... Fine, but we’re buying food we like!” Seokmin finally complies.

“Hyuuuuung!” Soonyoung bounces up from a pile of blankets and runs towards Seungcheol who was leaning coolly against the wall. The older just eyes him suspiciously.

“Listen… We’re kinda low on funds nowadays, you know how student life can be, right?” Soonyoung was careful with his words, knowing very well one wrong step and his wants would be denied. “And you’ve always told us that our education always came first before anything else… So, how about you lend us your card?” Soonyoung does his best attempt at aegyo and Seokmin shines his most blinding smile at their boss.

“Aw, you’ve really had it hard hm?” The duo nod their heads frantically, pitiful frowns appearing on their faces. “And you don’t have enough money for all of us?” Seungcheol smiles sympathetically at the two. “The answer…” The two watch him expectantly, heart-rates increasing at each passing moment. “Is no.” And their hearts stop and break into a billion pieces. Their faces fall and the two start weeping dramatically into each other’s shoulders.

“Just go!” A pillow is tossed in their direction and more follow. The two hop around, dodging and weaving through to the front door.

“We’re gonna buy you all bran muffins you jerks,” Soonyoung huffs, stepping out of the apartment.

Now it was just the two of them, walking merrily to the grocery store. Passersby watched them in either awe or amusement-- it was like there was a spotlight shining on the jolly couple, they were oozing positivity. Birds seemed to sing around them, the sun seemed to shine down on them, even the grumpy old man down the street smiled at them. Hands interlocked and smiles on their faces they reach the local grocer in no time. They rushed inside the air conditioned building with haste.

Darling,” Seokmin emphasizes sickeningly-sweetly. “What do you want to eat?”

Soonyoung wiggles his eyebrows and nudges his lover in the ribs with his elbow. “I want to eat you!”

They both giggle and stroll down aisle 5. Bread and canned soup-- no thanks.

“Now, now, cannibalism is wrong,” Seokmin says giving Soonyoung a gentle pat on his blonde head. The latter just frowns and chomps his teeth at the younger’s fingers. “But really, what do you want to eat?” A right turn into aisle 6; Seokmin has a bad past with canned foods… and sharp metal things in general.

The older only sighs and rubs his empty stomach, “Everything…”

“Okay there’s a few flaws with that, love: one, there is no possible way you could eat everything; two, we have very little funds.”

“Come on now, Seokmin, we’re hosts! Making quick and easy money is our forte.”

“... Are you implying we sell ourselves?”

“No! No, no, I’m saying we could do some skits for tips!”

“I’m listening.”

 

➖➖➖

 

Meanwhile back at the house, the rest of the crew was in complete and utter agony.

“Please turn on the AC, hyung,” Hansol whined.

“No! The energy bill is already high enough,” Seungcheol angrily replied.

“C’mon hyung, it’s really hot!” Mingyu groaned from across the room.

“Yeah, look at my poor Jeonghannie, he’s almost breaking a sweat,” Jisoo exclaimed angrily.

“I refuse to spend an ounce of my electricity on any of you guys, I literally pay you all already,” the eldest says hotly.

“Don’t be stingy now, Seungcheol. Remember that thing you and Jihoon ordered that accidentally shipped to the cafe that I had to sign for?” With Jeonghan’s words his boss paled.

“I, uh, don’t recall,” Seungcheol croaks out nervously.

“Hmm, but if I remember correctly the receipt said it was a specialized 145 dollar dil-”

Seungcheol stands abruptly, effectively interrupting Jeonghan. “Alright oookay, enough out of your boyfriend, Jisoo! I’ll go turn on the AC.”

“... Jeonghan was going to say ‘dill pickle’, kids. Seungcheol bought me and him a special dill pickle,” Jihoon muttered into the silence that followed Seungcheol begrudgingly switching on the air conditioner. The room is filled with the whirring buzz of the machine and cool air. Everyone collectively breathed a sigh of sweet, air conditioned relief.

“So, this is awkward,” Hansol deadpanned, breaking the silence.

“It’s okay Jihoon hyung,” Chan leans over to pat the other on the arm. “We’re all into some weird stuff in the bedroom.” The smaller male fumes at this.

“Didn’t I say it was a dill pickle!” he explodes and finally storms off towards the bedroom, face red.

“Jeez, touchy much?” Seungkwan grumbles.

“How do you guys think the idiot duo is doing?” Mingyu suggests.

 

➖➖➖

 

“Come one, come all! Watch the spectacular Lee Seokmin do a fantastic trick before your very eyes! His fingers move so fast your eyes won’t even be able to catch up! Your knees will truly buckle at the sight of this phenomenal feat! Now give it up for,” Soonyoung pauses and takes a large step to the right, revealing Seokmin squatting over an orange to a crowd of about a dozen. The latter takes the fruit into one hand and with the other he rapidly pushes his thumb between the peel and the flesh. The orange is completely peeled in a matter of seconds. The crowd surrounding him is silent for a few moments before someone starts clapping, a soft “Even I can’t do that,” is heard. Seokmin separates the fruit into its segments and passes them out, gathering a few loose coins from the sympathetic watchers as well. After that’s all good and done the pair sit criss-cross applesauce across from one another and pile all of their collected tips in between them.

“40… 45… 50… 51!” Soonyoung counts aloud. “That makes… three dollars, 51 cents, and the leftover orange peel.” The blonde sighs dejectedly.

“Aw, honey, I’m sure we can buy you something yummy with this,” Seokmin gives his boyfriend a reassuring pat on the arm and shoots up into a standing position. He holds out a hand for Soonyoung to take and offers him a smile as well. Suddenly, the older seemed hopeful again. That was until a shopping cart rammed into his side.

The scene played in front of Seokmin’s eyes in slow motion-- one second Soonyoung was rising up from his sitting position, smiling and carefree, the next second his face in contorted into pain and agony. Seokmin rushes to his side, already in tears.

“Soonyoung… Soonyoung hyung! Stay with me, please,” he sobs into the older’s hands as he holds them.

“I--” cough “don’t think--” wheeze “I’m gonna make it…” Soonyoung’s eyes flutter shut and Seokmin sobs even harder(if that was possible).

“Oh my, oh dear, oh my,” a shrill voice bellows. “Oh dearie, that did seem like it hurt quite a bit, oh my!” An elderly woman hobbles towards the two boys with obvious concerned etched on her wrinkled face. “I do apologise dearies, my old eyes have really gotten the best of me, hm? Oh what ever can I do to show my sorrows?”

Seokmin glances at the woman and then at her cart which was filled to the brim with groceries(the nice organic stuff!) and then at the car keys in her hand pointed right at a white Porsche. “I think we can make an arrangement.”

 


 

UNBETA-ED :0

oh my it certainly has been a while.
i hope you all like the update. another one
will probably come in the next few weeks!!
yes that's right, you dont have to wait several months :]
thanks for all the subs and the support i never thought
this fic would ever get so popular!!
thanks for sticking around ;; until next time, i love u all

subs, comments, and upvotes are appreciated always ♥