Kimbap Kidding

How to Survive A Host Club

Somewhere in the heart of Seoul, South Korea is a white cafe in which a bustling crowd of women(young and old) was crowded around.

“Have you been here before?”

“I go here everyday!”

“I'm so excited.”

“I can't wait to see them!”

As the seconds ticked away, the women got more and more restless.

“Did you see that? Someone was just in the window!”

“Which one are you going to see?”

Suddenly the clock tower down the street clicked to 12 pm exactly and as soon it did, the door of the building seemed to open magically. The women screamed and shouted, shoving their way to get through to the front. The first girl was shoved in from behind, nearly tripping and landing on her face when an arm catches her by her waist. Her heartbeat quickens and she looks up blushing.

“Are you alright, miss?” It seems as if her guardian angel had come down to save her. The man’s hair was shoulder length and a gentle blonde, his cheekbones high and holy. His aura exuded a sort of pureness and suddenly the young woman felt her thoughts towards him were far too sinful.

She stands on her shaking legs like a newborn deer and tries to recover and boy, looking over the angel’s man’s shoulder was a damn bad idea. She could make out twelve different men, all smiling brightly, all dazzlingly handsome, and all staring directly at her. Legend has it, she went blind from the angelic light from the thirteen men.

 

“Hyung, I think we over did it a little bit…” the youngest, Chan, speaks out as the paramedics carry away the unconscious body of the lady. The eldest, Seungcheol, shakes his head.

“This is just business as usual, new kid,” he says has he walks towards the door to greet incoming customers. Chan stands there, scratching his head. It was only his second week here and he was still trying to pick up the basics of waiting tables in a cute manner, or “hosting” as the others called it. So far it wasn’t too hard, he was to smile at all times, if a customer was to request him he would greet them with a polite bow and them to whichever table they prefered, he was to suggest any specials, prepare(more like yell at chef Doogi to cook faster) the food with love and then shyly present to the guest, only feeding them if they pay extra. Of course he had noticed the other hyungs all did it a little bit differently. For example, Hansol would smile brightly at the guests and say some suave words in English or something, maybe kiss their hand(only if Seungkwan wasn’t looking). Or Jeonghan who would have Jisoo follow him around carrying a fog machine and singing. And he was always wearing that damn halo. Chan was getting real tired of this “angel” hyung’s gig.

“Chan, you have a request,” called out Soonyoung at the register. Soonyoung was probably his favorite hyung so far. He was very gentle and caring towards him during his training process, correcting his mistakes and making sure he was getting all of the information. He acted more like an older brother than a work superior.

He walked over towards the guest awaiting his arrival while scratching his neck; the hyungs had unanimously decided to wear school uniforms this week and the sweaters were itchy, how the hyungs managed to wear them all night and day, Chan had no idea.

He bowed slightly towards the middle aged woman at the counter.

“Hello miss, where would you like to sit today?” The woman smiled at him and told him she wanted to sit on the balcony upstairs and he lead her there, her arm in his. He sat her down at a table and set down the menu in front of her.

“Would you like to try our special today? It’s uh,” he poked his head and pretended to look away thinking. “Oh! It’s omelette rice,” he said as he giggled. Chan had made sure his eye smile was perfect in the mirror today so he played it to his advantage.

Later on the guest left the cafe with a racing heartbeat and Chan had another forty in tips.

 

➖➖➖

 

Chan had just witnessed something terrible. Something too disgusting and impure for his innocent eyes. Something vile. Here he was, hyped up for a good day at work in his annoyingly itchy sweater walking through the door when he spots them on a table doing some gross stuff, too gross for his innocent eyes.

Thankfully Seokmin spots him frozen in the doorway.

“Hi Chan, best to leave them alone, we’ll pry ‘em off each other before we open up,” the older explains with an awkward chuckle while dragging the younger towards the back room.

The back room was more of a large waiting room with lots of comfy chairs, a tv, a mini fridge, and a mirror covering the left wall. A few of Chan’s hyungs were lounging around on their phones or doing… whatever they did.

“No, I need more harmonizations from you guys. Now take it from the top,” Jihoon instructs Seungkwan and Jisoo as they sing a song Chan’s unfamiliar with. Seungkwan stops immediately when he sees the youngest enter. He turns to him.

Oh my gosh, did you see them going at it out there?” Before Chan can even utter out a simple “yeah,” Seungkwan begins again. “Disgusting animals, they should keep it to themselves, right Hansol?” The boy mentioned was distracted, giggling at some dumb animal video on his phone.

“Are you kimbap kidding? No one listens to me, not even my own boyfriend,” he says dramatically has he holds his forehead in his hand as if he were nursing a migraine(which he most likely did not have).

Hansol just now decides to listen in as his head shoots up and that dumb look of confusion flashes over his face. “What?”

Lucky for Hansol, Seungcheol bursts into the room, stopping any incoming verbal attacks from Seungkwan. He stops in the doorway looking confused.

“Why are you guys here?” The quiet chatter of the room halts as they stare at their boss incredulously.

“We, uh, work here,” Seungkwan replies slowly.

“Are you getting to be that old; forgetting such a big thing,” Seokmin says as he cracks up with Soonyoung.

“No it- I AM NOT OLD, YOU TAKE THAT BA- wait no, today is the first Friday of the month,” he explains, grabbing a bundle of keys from a table.

“Oh.”

“Maybe you’re getting old, Seok,” Soonyoung teases. Seokmin frowns at him which results in a hug and lots of “I didn’t mean it,” and “I’m sorry.”

“Wait, I don’t understand,” Chan speaks out with his eyebrows furrowed.

“Oh child,” Jeonghan sits beside the youngest and pats his head softly. Strangely, it felt like the other male was his mother. Has Jeonghan always had such a warm aura to him?

“Every first Friday of the month the ol’ Coups here lets us off to do whatever.”

“Okay, but how’d you all manage to forget this crucial fact?” Seungcheol asks with his mouth full of the rice balls Junhui brought.

“Well, I just saw Hansollie getting dressed for work so I followed him,” Seungkwan interjects, not wanting to take any blame.

“I got a text from Junhui hyung that him and Minghao were on their way to work,”

“We were only going because we saw those Soonseok idiots complaining about going to work on Twitter!”

“Hey, I was talking with Jisoo and he said he was following Jeonghan to the cafe-”

“-and we’re not idiots,”

“I only came because I saw Jihoon leave all dressed for work,” Jeonghan pouted. When Jisoo saw that he immediately panicked.

“It's not Jeonghan’s fault, don't blame it on my angel!”

“Okay, so why was Jihoon going?” Chan asked, curious to find the culprit who started the chain.

“I came to find Seungcheol, he forgot his lunch,” the smallest explains while holding up a pink lunch box.

“... I came here to pick up my keys,”

“I knew you would be here, I was confused as you were when I came and saw everyone here,” Jihoon shrugged.

“So this is my fault?”

“Yes.” Chan was taken aback by the unison of the responses of everyone, but Seungcheol was probably more surprised.

“Well, haha,” he scratched his neck. “Whoops?” Seungcheol laughed nervously and peeked out at the main room of the cafe.

“Why are they here though?” The oldest was most definitely referring to the couple face on table four.

“They always do that,” Hansol answers with a bored expression. He was still scrolling through his cell, was he ever off that thing?

“Oh. Remind me to clean that table more.”

“Gross, but anyways, let's go home Cheol,” Jihoon said with a cute smile that showcased his dimples.

“Wait no!” Seungkwan had stood up to stop the suggested action, “We’ve never been fully gathered like this on a day off, we should do something together.” A few groans of protest were voiced out.

“What do you suggest we do, hm?”

Seungkwan looked a little too excited as he straightened up. The others leaned in towards him in suspense.

“Let's go to the karaoke!”

“...”

“...”

“......”

“What the man,”

LANGUAGE HANSOL,”

What? The karaoke is fun! And don't you curse at me Hansol Vernon Chwe, I'll give you hell when we're home,”

“If you can't sing, not really,”

“Well who's fault is that?”

“Not mine?”

“No, we’re going to karaoke together,”

“Wait, you can't sing. Why are you making us go to karaoke?”

Seungcheol looked like he had been enlightened or something. “This could be a good bonding experience for our newest employee!” All eyes flew towards the small Chan. His hands were raised in front of him in a defensive way.

“No no, listen it's okay I'm bonded with you guys enough right? I mean I'm already pretty close to Hansol and Minghao and Soonyoung and you too. If they don't want to go to karaoke we don't have to…” His voice trailed off near the end of his ramble, but from the look on his boss’s face it was obvious he had no real say on the matter.

“Come on guys, food and drink on me if you come.” That statement certainly got the workers attention as they all crowded the door to follow Seungcheol out.

“And you criticize my suggestion,” Seungkwan mumbles, smacking Hansol on the back of the head on his way out.

 

 


 

LOL HI GUYS SORRY ABOUT THIS IT'S KINDA BAD
I JUST WANTED TO INTRODUCE ALL OF THE MEMBERS AND STUFF BEFORE
I STARTED ANY REAL CRACK-Y STUFF.
Anyways, I'm freaking out over bts comeback REALLY.
next chapter karaoke party
a lot of drunk-ness mostly likely
and a certain member getting really grEASY
ily guys i cant believe i got so many subs before i even posted anything
i hope i didnt disappoint omfg
and just saying this isnt a chan based story it was just convienient
NEXT CHAPTERS WILL BE BETTER AND PROBABLY FUNNIER PLEASE DONT LEAVE BYE ILY


ps does anyone want to make me a cover