Act 4

Hitched

 

 

Kyuhyun had experienced a tectonic shift in his perspective. The very thought of being amicable with the one person he despised so much in the world made his insides shrivel up. However on professional grounds he just had to do it. It was eating him away but he wasn’t gonna let Choi ‘horseface’ Siwon intimidate him. And he certainly wasn’t gonna ditch this dream project fearing his enemy. No way. Cho Kyuhyun was not a ditcher. Period!

 

The only logical thing to do right now would be to it up until the filming was done. He was sure that by now Jung Soo would have mellowed down as well. He hesitated to call Siwon and tell him it was time to pay Jung Soo a visit again. Oh yeah! They both exchanged numbers by the way since they figured that’s what civilized people who were about to be acquainted with each other would do. Nothing but a mere formality.

 

 Oh the humanity!

 

 Kyuhyun wanted to bang his head on a nearby wall till it bled but then realized that Siwon wasn’t worthy of a bloodshed.

 

While he was debating on calling Siwon or not, Victoria came by and sat on the couch beside him. Right! Just the distraction he had been hoping for. She looked gorgeous in her baby blue nightgown with her hair casually down in signature cascades that made him subconsciously run his fingers through them. Scooting closer, she snuggled on his chest and wrapped her thin arms around his torso.

 

“Arent you sleeping?” she asked to which Kyuhyun mumbled lowly. Now one of the perks that came with being officially sworn to a singer was getting to listen to his lazy voice rumbling from within his chest while your ears rested above it. And getting to listen to Kyuhyun’s chest voice was the iest thing ever. Victoria could listen to the sound of his heartbeat and his voice for eternity like it was music.

 

She lifted her head and looked into his fathomless eyes lovingly and felt her breath hitch. She was currently in the embrace of whom she thought could be the owner of the most breathtaking voice in the world and most undoubtedly who also owned her heart. And now under the gleam of the faint moonlight that streamed into the living room through the ceiling to floor windows he looked like a living, breathing marble statue. She could gaze at him forever and still couldn’t possibly get enough.

 

“You should get some rest Vic.” He said in a faint whisper trying to release her slender arms from his waist only to be refused by her.

 

“Not until you come and put me to sleep.” She said stubbornly and clutched him even tighter than before.

 

Now this was a certain trait of hers that he absolutely adored. Most boyfriends would find their whiny, push-over girlfriends annoying but Victoria wasn’t like most girls out there. She had this playful air around her yet managed to carry herself with a distinct poise and grace that was both mature and elegant. Kyuhyun found it absolutely irresistible. Most importantly both had utmost trust in each other and weren’t necessarily keen on rushing things as far as their relationship was concerned.

 

Now as her lips ascended the column of his neck, his mind wandered to the time they both made steamy, passionate love for the first time. It was pouring outside during that night and Victoria being afraid of the loud claps of thunder found solace in his warmth. She was now slowly working her way towards his ear and gently pulled at his lobe with her teeth. He was putty in her hands and couldn’t find it in him to resist her ministrations. Finally his paper thin rationality that held him together all along snapped as he engaged her in a kiss that took their breaths away.

 

The night was still young and he could feel his groin ache and his stomach muscles clench. It was his turn to level the playing ground.

 

“I thought I told you to put me to sleep.” She winked. A sudden fluid motion made her shriek as both her legs wrapped around his waist as he stood up and started carrying her to their shared bedroom.

 

He flashed his glorious boyish grin at her and said “I changed my mind and its all your fault.”

 

All his worries and apprehensions could wait. Most importantly, Siwon could wait. Tonight was gonna be all about them. Only them.

 

Jung Soo was sitting on pins and needles. He began thinking whether it was bad omen to have had his assistant ditch him right when he needed the latter’s help the most. He blamed himself for being over-zealous and ambitious. His stubbornness had landed him in hot soup. He knew he was gonna have a hard time finding the perfect actors to take up Soo Hyun and Shin Hyuk’s roles considering the challenging content of the script and the supposed chemistry that was required. Ironic how he had thought of the word ‘chemistry’ when he had narrowed down his choice to Kyuhyun and Siwon because the only kind of chemical reaction those two were bound to have was exothermic, giving off heat.

 

He wasn’t looking for that particular reaction. He wanted raw passion, the kind you’d never take your eyes off of. And he was running out of time. He had everything ready, even cleared the permit to film scenes at various exotic locales of Corsica. Sadly, he was yet to find the actors who would be the replacements for Kyuhyun and Siwon. At this point, his mind thought up adverse scenarios wherein he’d have to forfeit this project whether midway or even before it went off the floors. He then poured himself a scotch neat mulling over his misfortune.

 

“Kyuhyun! Come on!” Victoria whined as she tried pulling the bed covers off a certain slumbering lump in the middle of the bed. Apparently last night’s activities had drained him off completely.

 

“Tired….Let me sleep.” He mumbled from beneath the covers.

 

“Its 9’o clock already. Get up lazy pants!” She somehow managed to extricate the fabric from his iron grip leading to his upper body getting exposed. Shielding his face from the morning sun he squinted at her. She was dressed and ready to head to work.

 

Still hung over with sleep he smiled at her and said “Good morning.”

 

She sat down beside him and threaded her long fingers through his soft, bed hair. He looked so adorable and cute and she had to resist getting under the covers and cuddle with him all day. Her parents were visiting her today and they had planned to discuss certain matters regarding Kyuhyun and Victoria’s impending marriage with Kyuhyun’s parents.

 

“Good morning.” She said and he got up but didn’t get off the bed.

 

“You look beautiful.” He said gazing at her. She then blushed a thousand shades of red before engaging him in a kiss.

 

“Your parents are coming aren’t they?” he asked holding her hand and playing with her fingers.

 

“Mhm..You will come wont you?” she asked him.

 

“Of course I will. Wouldn’t miss it for the world!” he said and got up. While he did that, he absentmindedly let the bed cover fall off the rest of his body. Victoria turned around feeling bashful of this rather compromising situation.

 

Kyuhyun smirked and said “Just to remind you we both had last night. So there is nothing new here that you haven’t seen already.”

 

“Just go get some clothes on you shameless pig! Argh!” she shrieked and threw a pillow in his direction. But by then he had already started the shower.

 

After breakfast Victoria drove off to work while Kyuhyun began waging a war with his mobile phone. He was already on the eighth call to Siwon and the guy didn’t have the courtesy to answer it. They were supposed to visit Jung Soo and get the contract signed for the movie today.

 

“ him! He can just go to hell!” he yelled before trying Siwon’s PA’s number.

 

“Yes. Isnt Choi Siwon available at the moment?” he asked as the call got connected.

 

“Ugh! Who is this?” the assistant asked.

 

“Listen I called him ing eight times already and he doesn’t give a bullting care and neither am I. I don’t have the time. Just tell him to be at director Jung Soo’s house in an hour.” He abruptly cut the call and got inside his car wondering why he even agreed to sign a peace treaty with the most irritating and infuriating person on earth.

 

“Ok. That’s enough for today!” the photographer announced and everyone on the set dispersed.

 

Three straight hours of standing in one place, improvising poses and getting himself clicked, Siwon thought he’d have to live with a permanent crick in his neck. He had sent for his assistant to get him a cup of Americano and noticed the latter returning with a rather bewildered look on his face.

 

“Whats wrong?” Siwon asked.

 

“Um….Somebody just called me a few minutes ago while I was getting your coffee.” He began.

 

“Didn’t you ask who that was?” Siwon asked him as he took a sip of his coffee.

 

“I did but then he started yelling at me saying he had called you many times and said he wanted you in director Jung Soo’s house in an hour and hung up.” His assistant said.

 

“/sigh/ Its him.” Siwon said exasperatedly and got up taking his jacket.

 

“Huh…Who?” his assistant enquired.

 

“No time. Get the car.” Was all he said and his dutiful assistant bounded after him.

 

Parking his car, Kyuhyun noticed another car that was parked a few feet from his. It looked like Jung Soo had company. He rang the door bell and Jung Soo opened the door while a haughty looking Siwon peered at him from inside.

 

How the hell did he get here before me?

 

“Come Kyuhyun. Siwon arrived here not too long ago.” Jung Soo called him inside and made him sit.

 

“What would you like?” he asked Kyuhyun.

 

“Oh nothing but a little something called courtesy, for starters!” Kyuhyun replied as he stared at Siwon.

 

“I was in the middle of a photo shoot. You cant expect me to take your calls while I am at work.” Siwon reasoned with a cool disposition, something he hadn’t quite exhibited in front of Kyuhyun.

 

“Oh really! Then how’d you get here before I did?” It was evident that Kyuhyun was trying to lure Siwon into a fight again. Jung Soo’s hackles were up on high alert.

 

“The shoot was nearby so I thought of dropping by as soon as my assistant informed me. Now can we please proceed with the formalities? I need to be somewhere in half an hour.” Siwon said and faced Jung Soo. Meanwhile Kyuhyun was at a loss for words. He had thought of riling him up but something entirely opposite happened, something he hadn’t expected. Maybe Siwon was taking this seriously. He wondered.

 

“So does this mean you two agree to sign up for this project as co-stars?” Jung Soo placed his words carefully.

 

“Yes.” Both agreed.

 

“For sure? Because if you guys were to back out I could sue you both for damages by law!” he repeated with a serious tone in his voice.

 

“What?” Both looked at him incredulously.

 

“Just kidding. But you two should take this very seriously coz a lot is riding on this movie.” Jung Soo informed them as he brought out papers and documents and placed them on the coffee table before them.

 

“These are individual contracts for the both of you to sign. There is a non-disclosure form stating that you should never discuss the content of the script with anyone except those who are involved in this project, an NOC and your official agreement that you are to abide by the rules that I state and that you co-operate with me for as long as this may go on. Further negotiations in your schedule will be made accordingly so both of you should never leave this country without my notice.” He said.

 

After going through their respective contracts, both Siwon and Kyuhyun signed and swore their loyalties to the director.

 

“Oh! Almost forgot. Here!” he handed out two separate sealed white envelopes for each of them.

 

“Whats this hyung?” Siwon asked.

 

“Your travel tickets. You don’t expect to fly to Corsica without one, do you?” Jung Soo mocked.

 

“We’re leaving this weekend?” Kyuhyun wondered out loud after noticing the date of journey.

 

“Yup! I figured why not start at the earliest? Why put off for tomorrow when you can do it today?” he said.

 

“Assuming everything is in order, I will expect you two to be on time for your flight. I may have soft spots for the both of you but once it comes to my profession I will never spare anyone who is tardy or improper.” He declared and both agreed.

 

As Siwon said his goodbye and drove off to his next schedule, Jung Soo asked Kyuhyun if the rumours of his imminent marriage to Victoria are true.

 

“Yeah. In fact both our parents have decided to discuss this evening.” He said.

 

“Do you think you can put it off till next year or atleast until the film is completed?” Jung Soo asked him.

 

“Honestly though I don’t know what the outcome of this meeting will be but I will try my best to sound convincing.” Kyuhyun said and got up to leave.

 

“See you this weekend Kyuhyun!” Jung Soo called out as Kyuhyun’s car wheeled out of the driveway. He was hysterical with happiness. Finally he’d have his big break if all went well.

 


 

 

Here I am with another much needed update for this story.

Sorry I took so long. My exams went well by God’s grace.

Kyuhyun and Siwon have signed their contracts.

Just hope nothing derails their peace treaty!

And Kyuhyun’s gonna get hitched with Victoria…whoopee!

Just for the time being guys! Don’t get me wrong and don’t mistake Victoria as the villain in this story.

She is as sweet and honest as all other characters this story has to offer!

I know many of you would have been wondering when I’d update this one. So here it is! I have done my part. Now its your turn to comment and tell me what you thought of this update!

Have a nice day! Love you all!