Past

The Tale of The Heartbreaker

As I sat on the bench,I opened the envelope,took out the content. I counted them and uncounsciously I sighed again for the millionth times , but this time a heavy sigh came out from my mouth. It's so hard to get money. I looked at my side and patted the mascot's head. "Lotty, what a nice day today.. being you. Well not to mention I enjoyed being kicked in the crotch by a five years-old boy." , I scoffed. 

I looked at my body , only to see a costume of a bear , mascot for Lotte World was on my body. I can't believe I just did a self-dissed. No one forced me to do this kind of job , instead the boys tried to convince me to find another job that suit me. I mean,what can I do? I need money.

I closed my eyes and again,a sigh escaped my mouth. Ermm,how many time is it,now? Is it for the million-and-one times? Uh,I just do not know. I'm so tired.

 

~

I wore a white coat and had a stethoscope hanging from my neck to the chest. Having a table infront of me and a chair beside it. A young man entered the room after knocking the door a several time.

"Hello,Dr. Song",he bowed to me.

I smiled,"Ah,it's you.. So,what brings you here?"

He sat on the empty chair beside the table and slowly rubbed his nape , displaying a weird expression.

"Err,doctor... You prescribed me an inhaler last week , you remember?"

"Yes..",I nodded while checking his medical report in my hand. "I gave you Albuterol Sulfate"

"Well,doctor... I was none the better."

I frowned,"Ah... Then,you need --"

"I think you gave me the wrong medicine. My cat is extremely thin , bony.." , he said with a sad tone.

"Wait... What? Did you sprayed the drug to your cat?!" , I accidentally raised my voice.

He looked at me with a confuse look . "Isn't that is the way for me to heal? I mean , cats are one of the factors for asthma --"

I spontaneously stood up,"Ya! This is not a vet! I GRADUATED IN A UNIVERSITY TO TREAT HUMAN , NOT ANIMALS!"

He was shocked and I can clearly saw his pupils dilated in horror.

I sat down and tried to calm myself. "I'm sorry , I..."

"It's okay.."

"Anyways, you need to use the inhaler to yourself , not to your cat. Your cat maybe arrested for being a drug addict.."

"Thanks , Dr. Song",he stood up and bowed to me again.

I nodded , well not with a smile anymore , it's an expression of frustration and confusion. How come a young man , living in a developed country and borned as one of the young generations that were surrounded of technologies since babies , did not know how to use an inhaler? Absurd.

The young man exited the room. When the door nearly shut closely , someone pushed it forcefully and entered my room while running ..... and shouting my name with a high-pitched voice.

"MINOOOOOOOOO!!!"

 

"YAAA!!! SONG MINOOOOOO!!"

I opened my my eyes forcibly and gasps.

It was Seunghoon , he was shaking my shoulder a few times.

"Phew,finally... You woke up.."

I hummed lazily. I rubbed my eyes and felt something soft hitted my eyelids. I opened my eyes and looked at my hands. Gloves?

It actually tooked a minute for me to realise that I was still wearing the mascot costume , cosplaying as Lotty. Ah...

"Ya! Did you heard what I just said?!" , Seunghoon frowned.

"Err.... No?..." , I hesitantly answered , rubbing my nape.

He rolled his eyes. "Anyways , let's go home .. It's already eight!" , he quickly grabbed my left hand. He covered his face with his another face and bowed to the people around. He tried to walk quickly to the exit of the park

Ah! SNAP! I dozed off ! Now , I completely remembered what I was doing , resulting I slept on the bench in an outdoor amusement park called "Magic Island". I realized that a lot of people were totally gave us their attention , maybe my clothes are the main attraction.

"W-WAIT!",I tried to break away from his strong grip on my left wrist.

"What now?!"

"L-Lotty's head!", I ran to the bench back and quickly grabbed the bear-or-squirrel-what-ever mascot head. I felt annoyed by looking at the mascot head. It looked like it was mocking me by smiling oddly. I immediately looked around the bench to look out for the envelope that I had. What the.... There were my earnings in it! DON'T TELL IT'S MISSING! My eyes wildly searched again for confirmation I did not missed a spot. I even searched below the bench.

Seunghoon still stood where I pulled my hand back from him. I realised that he had his hands on his face. I bet he was having a second-hand embarrassment because of me.

"What wrong?!" , Seunghoon had both of his hand on his waist. I would say that he totally looked like an Ahjumma with that kind of high-pitched voice.

I closed my eyes , held my head with both hands in frustration , I tried to control my anger. !

He came towards me and patted my back , "Hey.. What's wrong , buddy?" , he asked me with a tender voice of his.

"I-I lost my earnings!" , I groaned.

"Ah , really?! Have you searched at --"

"I did , I did. It's all gone", I sighed.

"Let's just go home....", I walked passing him towards the exit of the major recreation complex in Seoul , South Korea. He started to follow me after our distance were about 4 steps away. He must be surprised to see me in this kind of condition. Sorry , Seunghoon hyung , I'm not in the good mood..

 

~

I opened the front door of our share house while my left hand held a tote bag contained the costume I wore.

Suddenly , someone threw confettis right on my face.

I was surprised. I saw Taehyun was holding a cake with lighted candles on top while the others were around him. The house were dark , they purposely switched off the lights.

"Happy Birthday , Song Mino!" , the members of the share house welcomed me with a birthday song. Ah , today is my birthday. I forgot about it , too much worries and thoughts in my mind that I forgot about my own birth date. I smiled to them. I closed to my eyes , making my wishes and blew the candles with one blow.

All of them clapped. Suddenly the house was bright. I realized that Jinwoo hyung went to switched on the lights.

"Thank you , guys!" , I gave them the most sincere smile. I'm so grateful to have them them in a part of my life. I don't feel stressed anymore about my salary. They are here for me and that's all that matters now.

"Here , a present" , Seunghoon gave me an envelope. I took it. The envelope was quite familiar to me. I frowned. I opened it and took out the content. It was money. It was a quite amount. I turned to Seunghoon back in disbelief. I was speechless. He gave this? To me? I was overwhelmed my his action and about to thank him and....

He laughed so hard that he fell on his just because he saw my reaction. The others were looking at us in puzzlement.

I frowned , "You! So , you stole my money!" , I said , realizing the fact the money was already mine in the first place.

 

~

"Oh,so that's why Seunghoon hyung pranked you.." , Seungyoon nodded as he finally understood my story. Taehyun laughed at me , "Ah,if it was me , I would felt the same feelings as Seunghoon hyung. Hahahahah"

I rolled my eyes , "Ya! Do you know how I worked hard today to get my salary? I even bared a kicked from a five years-old boy in the crotch!"

I tried to get the members to sympathise my situation but only to get their laughter even louder.

Seunghoon , who sat facing me and had his mouth stuffed with a piece of cake , started to talk , "Bufft Minffo-yaa whaf fdifd you dreamtff aboutff?"

"Ya-ya! Swallow the cake first , then talk!" , Jinwoo said while laughing. Maybe he found Seunghoon looked silly when talked while eating.

Well , I kind of understand what he asked me , "Ummm , I dreamt that I was a doctor and there's this a young man came and complained that I prescribed the wrong drug for him. Actually , I suggests an inhaler for the patient's cat allergy.."

"Then?..", Seungyoon asked me on the member's behalf , all of them were waiting for answers.

"Then , it turns out that he was spraying the inhaler on the cat"

The share house were filled with the members laughter again.

"What? It's not funny! I gave him Albuterol Sulfate for him , not for the cat. I did not even gave him a Feline Aerosol Chamber for cats!" , I frowned.

"Wow , Mino! You looked so clever by using all of the terms." , Seunghoon were amazed.

"That's not even terms.." , I scoffed.

"I mean... You looked so clever saying Albuterol what-ever and pitied the cat being a drug addict but you even shaved Jhonny's fur on winter last year" , he said jokingly and the other members joined him laughing at me.

"YA! I prefered Jhonny with less fur. IT'S A PERSONAL REFERENCE! Anyway , I don't only did that on winter!"

Again , they laughed.

"But.. Is it okay for me to ask this..." , Taehyun rubbed his nape.

"What? Go on , buddy" , I smiled to him.

"Errmm , it's not like I don't like that you are staying here , I mean , it is great to have a brother like you and it is fortunate for me to have you paying monthly rental to me.... but it's kind of weird.."

"Hmm?",I frowned.

The situation got awkward with the silence of the members. I saw Taehyun's pupils dilated as he looked doubtful to ask me the question.

"Ya,you got me curious , what is it?" , I smiled to him.

"Ermm , you know I'm the owner of the guest house and should not asked about the rentals' privacies..." , he gulped his own saliva before continue , "but , we all were like families now. We know each others problems. We know all the reasons of each person that ended up renting over this share house. Jinwoo hyung stayed here , in Seoul because he wanted to help his father , a fisherman in his hometown. Seunghoon came to become a trainee and debut as a rapper. Seungyoon as well - but yeah , as a singer. And I helped my parents by take care of this place. W-well , it's not that I'm complaining..", he was a bit stuttered at the end of his word. He was looking at his own lap. I only smiled. The other members were waiting for my answer , they actually were curious to but did not have the courage to ask this kind of question.

"I knew someone would ask me..."

"Well , it's not like you need to answer it you don't want..." , Jinwoo said after being a loyal listener for a few past minutes.

"No,it's okay I will tell you guys why.." , I have kept this secret for such a long time. Opening up this story is like opening up an old , deep wound. But it's okay , right? This guys are my family now. That kind of past is like a bad dream for me. It would never going to effect my future , not anymore.

 


A/N: TA-DAAAAAA ANOTHER UPDATE! :D

Sorry for the late update tho ...

So yeah , here it is , SONG MINO FIRST APPEAREANCE!  \(;o;)/ FINALLYYYY

I'm sorry for the boring chapter , once again TT_TT *stabs myself 100 times*

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT , GUYS !~ ♡♡♡ ^^

I EDITED THE FIRST CHAPTER , SO IF YOU HAVE NOT READ IT YET , GO READ IT ~ ^^