2/2

Love At First Glance

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE POSTED ON 24TH BUT I FORGOT TO UNCHECK THE 'HIDE CHAPTER' IM SO SORRY


Taehyung woke up a few times of nightmare that night,shaking,crying,and hyperventilating.Luckily,he's always in Jungkook's arms.So the latter is the one who patted him,shushed him,hugged him and whispered some comforts into his ear until he fall to sleep again.It's weird,Jungkook thought.The elder always looks strong but this; he looks so fragile.He did felt something seemed a little off with Taehyung's smiles and gestures sometimes,but he always put it aside.But starting now,after the third time Taehyung woke up breaking down,he promised he'll never put it aside anymore.He wanted to be the one Taehyung can lean on,the only one Taehyung could lean on.With this thought,he drifted back to sleep until the sun rise.

 

Little did he know,that Taehyung too,thought it was weird.He doesn't always do this.Never infront of other people,even his most beloved parents.And whenever it happens,it would be only himself trying to comfort him,sobbing but telling himself that what happened wasn't his fault.It was his.The one he would call the barrier,who would come uninvited and unwanted.Like an uncontrolled Hyde within himself.

Taehyung wished he could throw this side of him away and just be strong,like how Jungkook is,he thought as he watched Jungkook sleep peacefully.He looks so innocent,no one would ever crossed their mind that this boy would kill someone,and be calm and okay and understanding with it.

flashback

"I was walking,to your house...suddenly I saw this man.He looks like he was trying to hit on a girl,or rape her,I don't know.A-and then-" Taehyung's voice cracked and he sobbed into Jungkook's embrace.

"I-I was just trying to help her..but I killed him." Jungkook ruffled his hair again.

"It's okay.." He seriously didn't understand why Taehyung would feel this bad.

"N-no it's not,I killed Yongguk too.." Jungkook stopped again,for a moment before he patted him again.

"Wait you mean Yongguk? As in that boy who was found dead for over-eating sleeping pills?" Taehyung nodded and sniffed.

"but how- why?" Jungkook was so confused.

"He punched my jawline before a-and it just came out of nowhere when I saw the bruise so I just..." Taehyung trailed off and Jungkook understand what he meant.but Taehyung definitely didn't understand when Jungkook started laughing.It wasn't hysteric,but it was like he just realised something funny.

And Jungkook did,indeed.

"You wanna know something?" Jungkook questioned and continued when Taehyung didn't respond.He knew Taehyung was still listening.

"I killed someone too" Taehyung deadpanned.He pushed himself away from Jungkook softly to see if he was joking.

"I killed Donghoon" Taehyung stared at Jungkook's amused face.He's still trying to comprehendwhat Jungkook was saying and without he realised,he was opening and closing his mouth like a fish out of water,and Jungkook chuckled at that.He hugged Taehyung again and said,

"Killing isn't always wrong,hyung.You did it for a reason,right? I did it because he wasn't even sorry when he hurt you before.They deserved it." If Taehyung was being his barrier self,he would have said "I couldn't agree more",but being with Jungkook after what happened tonight opened up a new side of him,his vulnerable side.and,he's too tired to argue.

"but it's okay.Whenever you feel down,just look for me and I'll be there.I'll always be by your side." Taehyung smiled and nodded at that.He's glad he found someone who'll always support and understand him.

"And you promise you'll always be by my side,right?" Jungkook asked him.Taehyung hugged him back.

"Of course,we're best friends,anyway"

flashback end

Jungkook opened his eyes to Taehyung's grin box and he can't help but smiled at that.

"Good morning Kookie~"

"Hmm- you okay hyung?" Taehyung nodded twice.Jungkook muttered a 'that's good' groggily and patted his back.

 

After the whole murder confession thingy the other day,Taehyung and Jungkook had gotten closer more than they thought friends could be.They come to each other's house more often too,just to cuddle sometimes.

Or play games,like that one night where Taehyung's parents went on honeymoon and they suggested him to invite Jungkook for sleepover,as a company.Both of them love the cute boy,seeing how happy Taehyung is with him.They had always felt sorry for Taehyung to be alone without his far away siblings.

"take that! hiya! huargh!" Taehyung shouted to the screen as he threw punches at Jungkook's player.Both he and Jungkook had gotten tense from the first attack and now they're both to the point where they almost throw their own controller,fingers rapidly punching the buttons.Jungkook finally got the chance to hit Taehyung and seeing his life bar decrease made him grit his teeth.The battle got more intense when their life bar just left like one more hit to K.O.

 

And suddenly everything went almost pitch black.

 

"what the fuck!?" They both yelled in unison,gaping at the screen illuminated by the very dim light from the window.Taehyung turned his head to look at the still gaping Jungkook and-urgh this cute shit- quickly stood up to peek behind the window curtain.And noticing how the moonlight shone brighter than anything,he knew what happened.

"damn,black out" He stated.Jungkook pouted.

"this happens often?" Jungkook asked Taehyung,concerned.

"not really,just sometimes.but it had happened a few times already.this doesn't happen at your place?" Taehyung didn't notice the concern in the other's expression.Jungkook only shook his head as a reply.If this happens often,is Taehyung going to be okay? What if he was afraid again? What if he wasn't here tonight and Taehyung was alone? What if Taehyung panicked again? Jungkook was a little concerned about Taehyung ever since that confession.Taehyung always looks strong but he knows he's not always is.He had seen Taehyung break down,and he doesn't want Taehyung to be like that again,not alone.He wants to be there for Taehyung to lean on.

You know what,Jeongkook-ah? Killing is easy,but the regret is really hard to deal with.Taehyung had once told him that.He doesn't agree with Taehyung,he doesn't feel so.He felt no regret for killing anyone.But he understands,that different people have different perspectives.

Taehyung jumped onto his own bed,staring at the ceiling while waiting for the electric to be available again.He had always loved darkness.He can't deny,sometimes he's scared of them.And some other times,like right now,he loves the darkness.He always felt weird with his split personalities- Jungkook interrupted his thoughts when he climbed the bed and laid beside Taehyung.Instinctively,Taehyung leaned closer and wrapped his arm around Jungkook's waist,burying his face into his chest.Jungkook enveloped Taehyung into his own arm,pulling him closer if possible.and Taehyung smiled contentedly.

-but this,this one boy,is the reason he could forget his own insecurities.Jungkook felt like home.Comfortable,where you can be as ugly and unattractive as you can and be happy with it.Jungkook never question or judge his split personalities eventhough he's around the boy a lot of times,which meant Jungkook had witnessed his split personality the most out of all people around Taehyung.He always accept what Taehyung has to offer and give what he could offer.

Taehyung felt Jungkook's fingers slip into his hair.And a light pull.It doesn't hurt,but it felt like Jungkook was trying to pull his head upward,so he looked up.

"Are you afraid?" Jungkook looked into his eyes and asked him.Taehyung shook his head but Jungkook kept looking,searching for any lies.And just then,Taehyung realised.

Jungkook was worried about him.

"Are you..worried about me?" He voiced his thought.

"I just don't want you to keep it all to yourself" His voice was filled with concern.

Taehyung was touched.He hated it,but still love it.He hated that he felt touched just over a simple thing,but he love the feeling of knowing that Jungkook cared about him.He doesn't want to be all emotional like a girl,but he just can't help it.Jungkook make him feel normal,in a special way.Jungkook was totally dumbfounded when Taehyung's eyes started to water.He was flustered and Taehyung noticed it,so he leaned in.He closed his eyes and sealed their lips and waited for Jungkook to respond to his soft kiss.

But he didn't.

For a few seconds,Taehyung thought he made a mistake.Shit,he fucked up.He pulled away,knowing that he shouldn't feel something like this towards his best friend.

"s-sorry! i-i wasn't- i don't kno-" Taehyung babbled.His eyes were blinking and he stopped when he noticed what Jungkook's doing.His eyes were closed and his face was red.Once he opened his eyes it went really big-and so cute Taehyung almost squeal-.

"I...it's okay.i-i like it,honestly.." Jungkook mumbled.Taehyung reacted like that time Jungkook confessed about his murder; his mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water.He thought his heart would jump out of his ribcage.He wondered if Jungkook could hear his heartbeat.but wait- is Jeongkook blushing?

"y-you mean..it's okay?" Taehyung asked for confirmation,just incase he heard wrong.And Jungkook nodded.

Jungkook brought his hand to cup Taehyung's cheek,and Taehyung brought his hands to Jungkook's chest.Jungkook leaned closer so Taehyung just close his eyes.As much as he could feel his heartbeat louder than anything,he felt Jungkook's heart beating rapidly too.Their lips touched and Taehyung tilted his head a bit.They kissed softly,just feeling each other's lips.

And when they part,the light goes on.And that's when Taehyung really noticed how red Jungkook's face is.He was blushing,indeed.It amazed him how Jungkook always seems to be so strong for him,but something like this could make him blush a deep crimson.Jungkook is cute,but strong.He loves it.

Jungkook looked down to see Taehyung's rectangular smile.His face felt hot.He could feel his own heartbeat.Rapid.He had something to say,but somehow he felt shy.Taehyung always make him feel like this.Shy.He'd always believe he was a confident person.But being alone with Taehyung like this,made his confidence seems blurred.

"i-i love you,hyung.." Taehyung heard him,a really soft murmur.

Taehyung's eyes went wide,his smile disappearing and he blinked rapidly,almost not believing his earsight.As the words dawned upon him,his eyes squinted from his wide box grin again.

"me too!" Warmth spread into Jungkook's heart as Taehyung beamed.Taehyung quickly leaned in to peck his lips and hugged Jungkook,tightly.His smile didn't fade as he buried his face into Jungkook's chest again.

"i love you.i love you too" A relieved sigh escape past Taehyung's lips as fast as he said the words.You don't know how long I waited for this.

All this while,Taehyung had always felt a genuine feelings towards him,from the beginning.As their friendship developed,he tried pushing his feelings away,telling himself that he wouldn't care.Even if Jungkook wouldn't look at him the way he look at the other boy,he just want the things going on between them keep going.He just wanted to be with him,like at home.Comfortable with himself.


A/N: congratulations you've read it this far! well,i warned you; grammar error,typo,trash, and there's even curses and stuff.a comment would be highly appreciated,good or the other way.i wrote an epilogue too,you know...i got kinda carried away.so, *dramatically* THIS IS NOT THE ENDINNGG! i just...should i even post an epilogue? btw I SPENT AN HOUR AND A HALF TYPING THIS INTO MY PHONE AND IT'S 1:30 A.M ALRDY IM GOING TO SLEEP GOODNIGHT