002

Intertwined
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The road were busy and the sun will set in a few minutes. The rain poured heavily from the sky. Mrs. Kim and his husband were in their way to home as they were stucked in the traffic jam. Mr. Kim eyed his lovely wife worriedly while her right hand gently.

“ You should calm down a bit, Min Hee ah. You know I’m worried too, right?” he asked, trying hard to keep calm in front of his wife. Min Hee  took a deep breath and slumped her back against the seat, playing with her husband’s finger.“ I know I should. But Himchan said that Daehyun’s body is too hot. I think it’s a bad idea to go on a date. I’m sorry I dragged you out.” Min Hee mumbled quietly as she stared outside the window, looking at the dark sky while chewing her bottom lip worriedly.

It’s supposed to be a wonderful day for both of them before she got a call from Himchan, their eldest son, stating that his younger brother fell unconscious at the kitchen and how hot his skin was. They hurriedly headed back to their home.

After a half an hour, the traffic finally subside. Mr. Kim increased his speed, hoping that they arrived at home as soon as possible. Suddenly, a loud screeching of brakes fill the air. “ Jae Won- “ Min Hee began, but was  cut off by a sudden impact. She felt a pair of arms around her,keeping her safe before the car crashed and banged, flipping upside down. Windows shattered, leaving glasses everywhere around the scene. A pool of blood drench-

“ UMMA, APPA !!”

Daehyun screamed, a single tear escaped his eye. Daehyun sat up straight to control his hard breathing and choked back a sob. ‘ Until when do I have to dream that terrible incident? I’m tired, seriously..’. He swallowed a big lump in his throat before sighing tiredly, staring at the alarm clock on his night stand, blinking away his sleepiness.

7:38 a.m

What the actual f-. “ Omaigad!! Kris hyung, we’re gonna be late again!! “, he screamed loudly from his bedroom while jumping off from his comfortable nest. He land on his feet, not forgetting to grab his blue towel on the bed post and scurried away to wake the sleeping Kris up in the next bedroom. Stumbling over his bag on the floor, he whined softly before heading to the older’s room.

---

“ Next time set your alarm, so I can relax in the shower while cleaning my precious body. “ Kris said, yawning. He’s forcing his eyes to keep open, too tired from working on his paperwork until 3 a.m last night. “  Eyy, hyung! Focus on the road, I’m gonna be late for my class! I know it’s my fault, I forget to set it, alright? Now FOCUS, open your eyes widee!” Daehyun grunted while shaking Kris’ shoulder from the side, forcing the older to stay awake.

“ Okay, okay..” Kris groaned after regain his consciousness back, thanks to Daehyun’s wild  action. Eventually, they arrived two minutes before Daehyun's morning class. Once the car stopped in front of his college gate, Daehyun wiped his non-existent tears to show his gratefulness. Kris rolled his eyes but ended up laughing at the younger’s dumb act and shooed him out of the car playfully.

“ Ha ha, now you are the one who’ll be late, Mr. Wu.” Daehyun laughed, opening the door to get out from the car. “ Why are you always late, my son?” he continued, not forgetting to mimick his father-in-law voice. “ Ha ha, sorry dad. Daehyun wake up late, what can I do? “ Kris replied to his so called father, keeping his eye-contact with the younger boy.

“Whatever hyung.Good bye~ “. Daehyun waved at Sehun and Youngjae who were running at their full speed towards the gate. It seems like they have a wonderful sleep too, huh. He was going to take his step towards his friend but stopped on his track. “Oh hyung..” Daehyun bend his body to look at Kris again. Kris stared at him questioningly. “ Open your eyes widee. Focus on the road.” Daehyun whispered softly. Kris nodded and Daehyun finally ran to his friend to enter his morning class. Kris missed the worried glance Daehyun gave him.

---

“ Sooo, what’s up with life? Anything interesting? “ Sehun began, nudging Daehyun slightly on his arm while wiggling his eyebrows in teasing manner.  “ What? Not really..” Daehyun muttered under his breath, keeping his eyes locked in front. “Whaaa, you’re no fun, baby. “ Youngjae sighed, hoping Daehyun will spill some of interesting stories of his married life.

“ Still the same?” Sehun asked, pulling Youngjae with him to catch up with Daehyun who suddenly walked too fast, probably still embarrassed to share his life stories with Kris. Hearing Sehun’s question, Daehyun sighed, “ Yeah, maybe..”.

“Aww~ Don’t be so sad, Daehyun. You will get him eventually, I’m sure 100% ! “ Youngjae chuckled brightly while taking his textbooks in his locker out as they arrived at the locker room. “ Yeah, Daehyun. He’s probably resisting himself from touching you. Well you are too young-“

“ Why are you staying at college yesterday, by the way? “. Sehun’s word was cut off by Daehyun who asking another question awkwardly to change the embarrassing topic of himself, his cheeks were slig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter