I'll Catch Up

I'll Be There

The most dreaded day of the week came, Monday, but Sooyoung was pretty much feeling giddy that day, energized even. After she confessed to Jessica in Saturday, they didn’t contact each other the next day. Sooyoung knew even if Jessica felt fine with what she did, she needed some time for herself. But on Monday, she’s gonna do some favor for Jessica.

Well, and herself.

 

Sooyoung drove to the Jungs’ house that morning and arrived just in time before Jessica went for work. She felt like running in a flash after she step out from her car, but opted out to walk calmly and composedly. She needed to look good, after all. Even though she felt nervous for a reason.

 

Sooyoung knocked the door and waited. Her right leg was shaking slightly somehow. She was fidgeting when she heard footsteps coming closer to the door. The door opened and she was greeted by a face she longed for the whole Sunday, “Hey, Sooyoung? What’s up?”

 

“I want to drive you to work. Are you okay with it?” Sooyoung pointed to her car. “O-okay...” Jessica confusedly answered and looked past Sooyoung’s shoulder. She looked at the car then looked at Sooyoung again, “Uhm... I’m still having breakfast though. Do you wanna join?”

 

“Your mother’s cooking?” Sooyoung beamed. “Yeah,” Jessica rolled her eyes and continued, “You’d never say no to it, right? Come in.” Sooyoung then nodded and grinned because Jessica dragged her by the hand. She looked at their joined hands and there’s no way her smile could be erased.

 

They arrived at the Jungs’ dining room, but no parents in sight. “Where are your parents?” Sooyoung asked. Hands were still joined even when Jessica has sat down, “Dad has gone to work and mom is taking a bath.” Sooyoung nodded at that and took a seat beside her. She looked at their joined hands again and smirked at Jessica. Jessica noticed and became flustered. She pulled her hand and told Sooyoung, “You need the hand to eat. Stop smiling. Just eat.”

 

~-~-~-~-

 

Both of them just finished their delightful breakfast when Jessica’s mother came to the dining room and Sooyoung noticed her first, “Aunty, good morning!” she bowed her head and smiled. “Oh, Sooyoung!” she smiled back at her favorite of her daughter’s friends and joined them, “Long time no see, dear. You’re quite early, what’s up?”

 

“I should visit often, right?” Jessica’s mom had to pout for that and nodded. Sooyoung giggled, “I miss your cooking! Also, I’m here to drive your daughter here to work.” She grinned at Jessica and back to the mother. Jessica’s mother looked suspiciously at Sooyoung then to Jessica and back to Sooyoung. She knew they’re close, but she also knew it’s not usual for Sooyoung to drive her daughter to work. And that grin. That dumb grin is highly suspicious. Her daughter was not any better in reacting to her friend’s act.

 

Jessica looked away from her mother’s scrutinized eyes and she could feel her face was flushed. She also could feel Sooyoung’s devilish grin directed at her. “Is there something you haven’t told me, young lady?” her mom playfully glared at her. Jessica timidly looked at her mother for a second before she looked away again. She grabbed her bag, “L-later mom,” and whispered to Sooyoung, “Let’s go!” then she scrumbled away. She was deeply. Deeply red.

 

The other two looked at each other and laughed. “I’ll let the princess herself to talk to you,” Sooyoung told Jessica’s mother. The older of the two just shook her head and chuckled, “I suppose I’ll be seeing you even more often, hm?” Sooyoung just gave her peace sign.

“I gotta leave first, auntie. Thank you for the lovely breakfast. See you again!” Sooyoung bowed and went after Jessica. “Be careful, Sooyoung!”

 

“Kids.”

 

~-~-~-~-

 

On the way to work, Jessica was still pretty much shy and kept silent throughout the drive. Sooyoung understood she should give Jessica the silence. Even so, she couldn’t stop smiling and humming whatever song came to her mind happily.

 

When they arrived at the office Jessica work at, Jessica hit Sooyoung’s shoulder. “Aw! Why?’ Sooyoung frowned at Jessica. Cutely. Jessica almost lost her cool.

 

“I’m embarrassed to death, do you know that?!” she scolded Sooyoung. Sooyoung just smiled at her for she knew Jessica was not seriously mad at her and the sight was really adorable. “We’re lovers now, why are you embarrassed?”

 

“Lovers, huh?” Jessica whispered to herself and smiled a bit. That only lasted for a second and Jessica hit Sooyoung’s shoulder again, “Ouch, why again?!” Sooyoung hissed and faked a punch at Jessica. “Why didn’t you contact me after that night?” Jessica jerked her head up while pouting. Sooyoung stared.

Sooyoung had to. She just had to. She had to lean forward and peck the pouty lips. She did. “You needed the silence, after all.” She winked.

 

Jessica was taken aback and leaned to the passenger door, “W-well...” she looked down. Damn, why does this girl need to be this understanding? “S-still!” she looked up again and caught Sooyoung’s stupid smile. That stupid smile. Flustered, she looked down again. She was being so, so, weird that morning. It’s just Sooyoung!

 

Jessica had looked at that smile for as long as she knew Sooyoung. But only on that morning, she was feeling nervous by that. Heck, she even felt fine by their first kiss on the particular Saturday night! She was overwhelmed by this new sensation. Sooyoung’s lover. That should be the case. The words gave her mixed feelings, but none of it were bad.

 

Sooyoung ruffled Jessica’s hair and said, “Euigoo, you should expect more things coming from me, okay? I don’t need you to be nervous around me all the time. That’s even weirder.” Jessica took a deep breath and gathered her cool again. She nodded and Sooyoung smiled. Again. Can’t she stop smiling?!

 

Jessica was about to say she kinda missed Sooyoung yesterday and had hoped the taller girl would contact her, but she stayed silent. She admitted to herself that she needed the silence to let the matter sink to her. They’re not just mere bestfriends anymore. Jessica thought a lot whether the decision was good or not after her break-up. She felt impulsive and bad to Sooyoung, but she was curious. She was curious of what Sooyoung had up her sleeves and curiousity would kill the cat. Well, Jessicat.

 

She was still not completely over her ex, but she knew Sooyoung would make her feel better. Much better. Sooyoung always did. That’s why she took the offer. She wanted to know what Sooyoung could do more. She was the best friend ever. Would she also qualified as the best lover? She was tired of her failed relationships. Maybe Sooyoung would be the best solution for that.

 

Jessica remembered the younger girl’s past lovers held onto her for so long. She could see Sooyoung was really nice to them and they couldn’t let Sooyoung go easily. Sooyoung was that precious, but she would be the one to initiate every break-up. Boredom, she explained. But Jessica knew there was something else. After that particular night, Jessica thought back to it and guessed if it’s her, that something else.

 

“Go, before you’re late,” Sooyoung ushered Jessica and told her, “I’ll pick you up after work, okay?” Jessica nodded. Before she opened the passenger door, she leaned towards Sooyoung’s right cheek and pressed her lips to it, a thanks. Sooyoung was dazed. Jessica hurriedly went out.

 

Sooyoung came to her sense and jokingly said, “Don’t forget to explain to your mom!” Jessica slammed the door and ran to her office’s building. Ran. Jung Jessica just ran because of Choi Sooyoung. Hah.

 

So much for a girl with a motto “Never run no matter how late you are”

 

~-~-~-~-

 

Jessica had explained to her parents of what was happening between her and Sooyoung. She expected a teasing or maybe a lecture about her impulsive decision, but she got a blessing instead, “Sooyoung should be your best decision. We know we like her to be in your life for a reason.” Jessica’s father told her.

 

Then, Sooyoung’s presence in the Jungs’ household became a routine almost every day. Her presence made the family even more brightful, especially in the morning. She would occasionally join the breakfast or dinner.

 

One dinner time, Jessica’s parents once told her they recalled her visiting the house often during highshool years, but college and work life came and that made Sooyoung rarely visited the house. The pair would sometimes have a talk about missing her. Mr. Jung even jokingly complained about how Jessica hogged her all for herself without sharing with them during those times because Sooyoung would often meet Jessica outside. Sooyoung retorted back that Mr. Jung was also too busy that he would miss Sooyoung out when she did visit sometimes, he only caught her a few times, like really few. Mrs. Jung backed her up for it and Mr. Jung then childishly got mad about why no one told him about it. Jessica could just facepalm at her parents.

 

But she was grateful, It was all going well.

 

~-~-~-~-

 

Jessica and Sooyoung had been going out for three weeks. She enjoyed every single time spent with the latter, but she still wondered about her feelings. She wondered if she had caught up to her or if she was still far behind.

 

At times, she found herself looking at the stuffs that her recent ex-boyfriend gave her. She somehow missed him at that. He was the longest relationship she ever had, after all. They still had some lovely times despite the cold break-up she received. They didn’t contact each other after that. She didn’t resent him though. She’s just sad. She’s also worried for Sooyoung. She’s worried she might fail again.

 

It was a bright Saturday when Jessica was slouching on the Jungs’ couch and went through her phone’s album, reminiscing the memories of her and her ex. She scrolled through with a sad smile. She was still lost in her thought until she was startled by a flash of a pair of lips pressed her left cheek. She looked back immediately and was greeted by a “Hi!”

 

Sooyoung then sat beside her. Jessica swear she didn’t hear the former was coming. Her mother must be the one who welcomed her and she was back to the kitchen. She was nervous for some reason. “H-hi...” she greeted back. After she regained her senses, it struck her.

 

Sooyoung came from behind!

 

Jessica looked at her phone in her hands and noticed the screen still displayed her photos with her ex. She locked the screen and looked guiltily at Sooyoung, she was sure the girl beside her had seen what she was seeing. “I-I was just...” she couldn’t find the words to explain. She looked down again.

 

“Hey,” she felt her chin tilted up. “It’s okay.” Sooyoung just smiled reassuringly at her. Jessica felt like tearing up. She pulled away from the soft hand and looked down again. She didn’t have the strength to look at Sooyoung’s kind eyes. She felt like she just did a sin.

 

Sooyoung didn’t know what to do or say. She did feel a bit sad back then. She indeed saw what the older girl was seeing, but she didn’t think much of it. It’s normal. It’s understandable. She sensed Jessica felt bad to her about it. Who wouldn’t? But she honestly didn’t mind. Really.

 

Sooyoung then panicked when she heard a sniff. She bent her head down and looked up at Jessica’s face, “Hey, it’s really fine,” she cooed, but the other girl cried harder instead. Sooyoung straightened her position and hugged the crying girl. She rubbed the girl’s back and kissed her head. She was hugged back and she sighed.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it.” Jessica sobbed to her shoulder. Jessica felt really, really horrible to Sooyoung. Even after she saw what Jessica did, she still gave her gentle smile. Sooyoung still prioritized Jessica’s feelings by saying it’s okay. She had always known her gold heart, but she didn’t expect she would be this understanding to her. She felt she didn’t deserve such kindness. She then even wetted the girl’s shirt. She really felt sorry, but she just could continue on crying in the warm embrace.

 

Sooyoung heard footsteps coming from the kitchen direction and she looked up. Mrs. Jung then came into view and looked worriedly at her daughter. She was about to ask her daughter’s lover, but Sooyoung immediately flashed an apologetic smile and mouthed, “I got this.” Mrs. Jung stared sadly at her daughter’s back and looked at Sooyoung. She pointed back to the kitchen, indicating she had to go back to the kitchen again. Sooyoung smiled and nodded at her.

 

~-~-~-~-

 

After a few minutes, Jessica stopped crying. She pulled out from the hug and Sooyoung was greeted by tears stained cheek, puffy eyes, a red nose, and a frown. Sooyoung then cupped Jessica’s face in her hands and wiped her tears with her thumbs, “Cute.” She chuckled. That earned her a light punch on her stomach, “Ouch.” Jessica smiled and looked straight into her eyes.

 

Jessica stared quite long until she broke the silence, “I want to erase it all.” She looked determined. “How?” Sooyoung asked. “Starting with this,” she lifted her phone up from her lap to unlock her phone and opened the photo album. She selected all the photo with her ex and she deleted it all. Sooyoung smiled fondly at that and patted the cute girl’s head, “Then?”

 

Jessica beamed brightly at Sooyoung, even if her eyes were still glassy, “I was thinking I could donate the stuffs from him. What do you think?” she asked Soooyoung. “You can do all you think fit,” Sooyoung pried Jessica right hand from the phone and held it with her own, “I wouldn’t mind either way.” She caressed the back of the hand.

 

“I want to do it for you and for myself.” Jessica explained. Sooyoung brought the hand she held to her lips, “Okay. I’ll help you.” Jessica’s heart beat faster looking at the loving smile the opposite girl showed her. “Come here,” Sooyoung put her free hand to the back of Jessica’s head and brought her closer.

 

Jessica closed her eyes and melted away in that one hand at the back. Then she felt warm lips lingered on her forehead. She smiled contently. Sooyoung knew just what kind of kiss she loved the most. Jessica couldn’t ask for a better person.

 

I’m getting there, Sooyoung.

 


A/N

Hello there! Thank you for reading :)

So, I somehow wrote the second part of the supposed one-shot? lol
I swear I didn't intend it to be extended! But after seeing some comments, I thought "Hey, a second part wouldn't be bad!"

Also, the way I write is kinda impulsive and right now I'm still in the mood of writing.
Before this, the last time I wrote was 2 years ago in other place lol so I don't know if I'll ever write again. It always took me long to start on one.

Since I'm still high from writing, there's still one more part! (Yay!)
I swear it's not intended too! I only thought of part 2, but it went long as I wrote it... So, I decided to break it down.

Part 3 is still in the process, but it shouldn't be long ^^

It should only be up to part 3 haha I can't make this any longer or turn it to an on-going one. I'm easily distracted XD

I guess that's it for now. Thanks again! See you later~