Eleven

The Empire of Women
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung and Naeun greeted Seulgi the moment she entered the dining room with her eyebrows knitted closely together, not even glancing at her two wives as she sat down. 

"What happened?" Soojung asked hushingly. 

Seulgi watched as the servants brought out the dishes one by one and placed them on the table gingerly before they stepped aside behind them. Joohyun noticed that Seulgi was looking under the weather but she did not do anything as she had no say in the house. 

"Umuni... is sick." Seulgi exhaled deeply and massaged her nosebridge. Naeun turned to her body a little and patted Seulgi's back gently which Seulgi returned a soft smile. "I attended the court today alone. Those good-for-nothing officers only know how to embezzle the country's fund. Who knows what they are up to next?" 

Soojung and Naeun exchanged glances as they noticed that Seulgi was getting upset. "Have you interrogated them?" Soojung asked, scooping the sweet soup for Seulgi and passing it to her.

Seulgi smiled appreciatively at Soojung and had a few spoons of the sweet soup before she nodded. "She said she is tasked to do that." 

"By?" Soojung prompted and Seulgi looked at her without saying anything. "I am sorry. I am not supposed to ask." Soojung looked down at her lap.

Seulgi looked away and continued eating silently. "Eat." Naeun and Soojung then began to have their dinner as well. "I am just worried that the ministers are planning something against me." 

"No matter what happens, I will never leave your side." Soojung stated clearly and her eyes were full of sincerity which warmed Seulgi's upset heart. 

"I will never leave you too." Naeun spoke softly and Seulgi nodded with a small yet genuine smile. Naeun was never the one to steal Soojung's limelight from her, she was a decent and demure girl which was why Seulgi could put her heart at ease whenever she needed to leave the house. 

"Thank-" 

Naeun pressed her lips together tightly with a look of discomfort and Seulgi frowned but she soon realised what was going to happen. However, she could not react faster than that as Naeun had already thrown up on the floor beside herself. Seulgi got up quickly and held Naeun's hair up to prevent her vomit from staining her. "Someone quick." Seulgi looked behind her to summon the servants and Seungwan was quick to run out to get a basin. 

Joohyun brought a piece of cloth and passed it to Seulgi, she jolted when Seulgi snatched the piece of cloth from her without even looking but she just backed away quietly and watched Seulgi cleaning Naeun up. 

"Water!" Seulgi ordered and Joohyun quickly ran out again to get some water. Seungwan returned with a basin and held it in front of Naeun for her to clear up whatever that was in her stomach. "Where is the water!" Seulgi snarled at her servants angrily when Naeun puked even more. 

Joohyun returned hastily and passed Seulgi the water which Seulgi did not even bother to look at her as she took care of Naeun. It hurt Joohyun but she understood. Seulgi had a bad temper and at times like that she was even more irritated. "Call the physician." Soojung said calmly to Yoon Ah and Yoon Ah nodded before running out.

"Are you feeling better?" Seulgi asked Naeun gently after Naeun drank some water. Naeun nodded weakly and Seulgi wiped the corner of Naeun's mouth carefully. "Let's go." Seulgi said and helped Naeun to get up but Naeun's knees went weak and plopped back onto the chair. Seulgi sighed and she bent down to carry Naeun up before she walked to Naeun's room to place her down gently, waiting for the physician's arrival. 

Soojung stood up after Seulgi and Naeun left, she turned around and dismissed the servants, telling them to heat up the food for Seulgi later if she wanted it then she went back to her own room quietly. Joohyun looked down and Seungwan patted her shoulder gently. "Princess Seulgi is just worried." Seungwan said.

Joohyun nodded. "I am okay." 

"Come on." Seungwan smiled and they started cleaning up the mess while the rest brought the food back into the kitchen. Joohyun took a last glance at Naeun's room before she left and bowed at the physician who rushed into the house with Yoon Ah trailing behind. 

"Princess is just worried about the baby." Yoon Ah assured Joohyun the same which made Joohyun smile as they knew why she was looking so upset and what was bothering her. 

"I am okay. Princess Soojung is fine with it, I should be too." Joohyun said and left. 

 

 

 

 

 

The crown princess was busy practicing her martial art with her instructor at the backyard with Joohyun and Chaeyong standing by to serve tea for the princess and the instructor during small breaks. 

The sun was glaring and Seulgi had been throwing punches and flying kicks around for the past one hour which made the back of her shirt soak completely and her neck was covered in perspiration. 

"Look at her toned body." Chaeyong commented dreamily when Seulgi's shirt got lifted up slightly as she sent punches up in the air. "Oh look at her neck." Chaeyong her lips and Joohyun was starting to get annoyed at the comments. Joohyun side-eyed Chaeyong who was so indulged in the crown princess' practice and she rolled her eyes at Chaeyong. "Look!" Chaeyong slapped Joohyun's arm quickly when Seulgi did a few back flips and Chaeyong clapped quietly with a dreamy grin slapped on her face.

"Stop looking at the princess like that." Joohyun scoffed and she looked at the princess herself. Seulgi was indeed hot and the aura she gave off when she counteracted her instructor made Joohyun feel bothered. 

"You're staring at the princess as if she is a piece of meat yourse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter