II. The Girl Who Lived

Never Can Be

Breathe in. Breathe Out. Placing her hand on the doorknob anticipating the turn. The turn of the doorknob resulted in a creaking sound as the door slowly slid open.

The sight of 21 people standing in the middle of the room came to view as the door moved out of her sight. The feeling of 21 pairs of eyes on her made Eunmi shrivel up in the doorway.

Why did I come here again? Oh yeah I gave into Siwan’s puppy eyes. How could I be so stupid? I could leave. I mean they haven’t notice me yet right? Who am I kidding? They're obviously staring me down right now.

“Hey statue! Are you coming in or not?” 
The annoying sound of someone talking interrupted her mind rambling.

Eunmi looked up only to see that it was Minhyuk who called out to her rudely. Looking back down at her fumbling fingers she gained enough courage to step towards the center of the room.

Reaching the middle of the room she came to a stop before bowing. 
“I’ve been in this class for about 3 months now but I haven’t formally introduced myself yet. I’m Cha Eunmi! I hope we can get along!”

She looked at Siwan after her introduction and saw a small smile on his lips. Shooting a bright smile of her own back at him causing his cheeks to turn red.

The sound of a whistle being blown made Eunmi snap her head in the direction of the gym doors.

“Alright! We’ll begin with partner exercises! Oh! Eunmi you’re here”

Brushing off the teacher’s surprise she smiled politely. “Yes present!”

“Well then you can go ahead and sit on the-”

“Actually I would like to participate with my partner” Cutting the teacher off before he could finish his sentence.

“Um…sure” The teacher gave her permission to join to class albeit reluctantly.

After receiving the teacher’s answer, Eunmi proceed to walk over to Siwan and stand next to him.

“Okay we’ll start warming up with breathing exercises before doing team competition on the endurance course.” The teacher blew his whistle commencing the start of the day’s training.

“Okay so how should we start?” Eunmi turned to look at Siwan who had been quiet ever since the teacher walked in.

“We should start with getting you to calm down”

“What are you talking about?”

Siwan pointed to her shaking hands and legs. A surprised expression was evident on her face as she had not even notice her shaking limbs.

While Eunmi was still processing the fact that she was shaking, Siwan stood behind her and wrap his arms around her lower stomach.

“W-What are you d-doing?” As soon as she felt Siwan’s arms around her, she became a red stuttering mess. Eunmi tried to look at siwan but he forced her to look straight ahead.

“Just breathe in and out” Siwan rubbed her stomach gently while instructing her to follow his breathing pattern.

Easy for you to say! How am I supposed to calm down with you doing this?!

Calming down Eunmi followed Siwan’s instructions breathing in when he did and breathing out when he did.

“There you go” Siwan continued to rub her stomach gently before whispering into her ears.

Siwan’s warmth and comfort was making Eunmi relax lulling her into sleep. Unfortunately that peacefulness was shattered by someone’s arrogant hollering.

“Why don’t you guys just make out right there while you’re at it?” Of course it was annoying Myungsoo who said that.

Realizing the position she was in, Eunmi panicked causing to accidentally stumble on her feet. Losing her balance Eunmi smacked into Siwan causing her to fall on top of him.

The impact of her fall caused her nose to lightly touch Siwan’s. But that was not the only part. Her lips did too.

The redness crawling through Eunmi’s entire body caused her to blur out her surroundings. All she could hear was her beating heart. All she could see was Siwan’s shocked face. But Eunmi swore she heard the devil laughing.