I.The Girl Who Dreamed

Never Can Be

Eunmi let out a groan as the bright lights blinded her eyes. The throbbing pain of her head made her put her hand to her head. She snapped back to her senses as she recalled what happened before she fainted. Eunmi tried to get out of the infirmary bed when she saw a figure sleeping in a chair next to the bed. The person’s hair was covering their face so Eunmi could not tell who it was. Eunmi bended her head to the angle of the person’s face while leaning closer. “Um…excuse me” Eunmi touched the person’s shoulder before gently shaking the person. The person suddenly jolted awake startling Eunmi which resulted in her falling back onto the bed. Eunmi’s eyes slowly widened as she found that the person sleeping beside the bed was Siwan. The Siwan that she had been crushing on for the past year.

She knew that she must look stupid with her wide eyes and gaping mouth but she could not get over the shock. “Are you okay” Siwan must have noticed the fact that she was shocked as his expression turned concerned. “Huh? Oh! I-I’m fine” Eunmi realizing how ridiculous she looked and tried to compose herself. Siwan obviously didn’t believe her but let it go. “How long was I out” Eunmi was relieved by the fact that she didn’t stutter again. “About 2 days. You hit your head really hard when you fainted” Siwan adjusted his seat slightly as he calmly explained. An awkward silence fell between the two as they did not know what to say. “Are you okay?!” Eunmi yelled out as she remembered why she fainted in the first place. Siwan was obviously shocked by her sudden outburst as he almost fell out of his chair.

“Yeah. I’m fine. My leg is pretty messed up though” Siwan rubbed his neck awkwardly as Eunmi was staring at him so intently. Eunmi leaned towards him in order to get a look at his leg. From the fact that his leg was wrapped tightly, she could tell that it was a severe injury. When she looked up, she made eye contact with Siwan’s warm chocolate brown eyes. Her heart sped up as her cheeks became redder as time passed. She realized that she invaded his personal space as she leaned back against the wall in embarrassment.

“Thanks for saving me” Siwan suddenly spoke out after moments of silence. At Siwan’s sincere tone, Eunmi shifted her gaze to him coming face to face with his shy smile. Eunmi yelled at Siwan in her head telling him to stop smiling like that before she gets a cardiac arrest. “No problem. I couldn’t leave you there” Eunmi tried to play it off coolly but ended up sounding like a shy schoolgirl in love. Eunmi fiddled with her fingers as silence fell between her and Siwan again. “You should come to training class tomorrow” Siwan’s comment made Eunmi’s head snap up to look at him before slowly turning her gaze away. She was about to mention the fact that she couldn’t do anything when she recalled how she saved Siwan.

“We’re partners you know. So I obviously noticed the fact that you always skip that class” Siwan read the expression on Eunmi’s face before she could even open . “I’ll think about it” Eunmi bit her lip in thought as she went over the pros and cons of going to training class in her mind. The pro was that she could learn how to control her new mysterious powers. The con was the fact that she had to be in a room full of people who ignored her presence for the past year.