Asleep

Asleep

 

“Sunggyu-yah, since it’s Saturday tomorrow, let’s start doing our project.” You told him as you walked home together.

 

You and Sunggyu had been close friends for a year now and right now, you paired off to do a class project.

 

“That’s troublesome. I want to sleep the whole day tomorrow~” Sunggyu whined.

 

“Don’t you dare!!!” You glared at him.

 

He laughed. “Okay, okay!”

 

“Good, your place, then?” You smiled sweetly at him.

 

“Yeah, yeah.”

 

Saturday afternoon, you went to Sunggyu’s house and knocked on their door.

 

Sunggyu’s mom opened it.

 

“Oh! ~~~~~-yah. Sunggyu’s still in his room upstairs. He’s probably still asleep.” She let you in. You were actually close to his mother. You often go to his house as you always paired off for projects. “You know how Sunggyu loves sleeping so much that he could sleep for a whole day.” His eomma laughed.

 

“Still asleep?! Aish, that guy! It’s already 2pm! Thank you, Sunggyu’s eomma. May I go to his room?” You smiled at her as she nodded. “Go ahead, dear.” You nodded and went straight to Sunggyu’s room.

 

As soon as you opened the door, you yelled, “Yah! Kim Sunggyu, wake up now or die!”

 

He didn’t even budge.

 

Annoyed, you went over to him to wring his neck.

 

But you stopped when you saw his peaceful-looking face.  He looked like an angel when he is asleep—so unlike how he really is when he is awake.

 

You smiled and kneeled beside his bed. You reached your hand to his hair and gently pat his head. “Aww, you’re actually handsome when you’re like this, Gyu.” You said aloud. Well, he was sleeping anyway, so what’s the danger of saying the truth?

 

Your eyes drifted to his lips. You were tempted to have a taste of it. You always found Sunggyu to be attractive but you never dared tell him that or his ego would get bigger than the universe. If that is possible, that is.

 

And so, you leaned your lips towards his. He wouldn’t know, right?

 

He was asleep, right?

 

No.

 

As soon as your lips touched his, his eyes flew open and let out a surprised “mph!”

 

Your eyes flew open, too. You stared at each other, wide-eyed, for a while before you both yelled.

 

“AAAAAAAAAH!!!” You both screamed.

 

“What the heck are you doing!?” Wow. Sunggyu’s breath actually smelled fresh even though he just woke up. You were impressed.

 

“What are YOU doing?!” You retorted back.

 

“I should be the one asking that! I was just sleeping. Why are you here?!” He yelled, confused.

 

“I AM supposed to be here!!! Project, remember?” You sharply snapped at him with a glare.

 

“But what WERE you doing?!” He continued yelling

 

“I wasn’t doing anything!!!” You screamed back at him.

 

“You were harassing me!” He pulled his blanket over his body, pretending to hide whatever there is to hide. His chocolate abs, maybe?

 

“I wasn’t harassing you!” You blushed faintly.

 

“You were!”

 

“I wasn’t, okay?!?” You rolled your eyes. “Anyway, you know that we are supposed to do a project! Why the heck were you still asleep when I came?!” It was your time to get angry at him. Actually, you were just changing the subject. You didn’t want him to further ask you about your… sin.

 

“I wanted to sleep!”

 

“But you weren’t supposed to be asleep!”

 

“But I love sleeping!”

 

“I don’t care!” For lack of better retort, you just frowned at him.

 

Sunggyu sighed in defeat. “Okay, tell you what, I won’t sleep anymore. And then, I can let you harass me without me being weak and helpless!” He yelled the last part.

 

“Fine!” You also yelled.

 

“You do that, then!”

 

“I will!”

 

“Do it. NOW, then!”

 

“Fine!” You pulled his head towards you and gave him a full open-mouthed kiss.

 

For a moment, you were lost in your own world, your tongues battling.

 

Out of breaths, you pulled away from each other.

 

“Okay, go back to sleep now.”

 

“I don’t want to.”

 

“But you said you love sleeping.”

 

“But I love you more.”