Dictionary!

Everything Can Be Loved

Dictionary of Everything Can Be Loved

I highly, HIGHLY, recommend you open this list in a separate tab so that you can go back and forth to it when necessary. Terms are listed in alphabetical order.

(Also I might add descriptions later, or more in depth history behind certain categories.)


Candra rimba

Moon forest, the place where the moon tribe live, called this because they believe the moon looks directly over their village and forest.

Candra suku

Moon tribe, the people living in the moon forest. They were once a part of the sun tribe that lives across the wide shark river, but they separated and became the moon tribe.

Dukun

Healer or medicine man, they are the doctors and nurses of the moon tribe. They are known for being calm and comforting, practicing herbs and potions to heal.

Flower Moon

This is the full moon under the month of May

Harvest Moon

This is the full moon under the month of September

Hiu Sungai

Shark River, the wide river that is a boundary for the moon forest. On the other side is the sun tribe.

Induk

Mother or caregiver, this word does not literally mean a female who has children. It is more meant for those who have a “motherly nature” and who are assigned to taking care of the young in the tribe. Also it is the moon tribe’s rule that only these caregivers can give birth or give life.

Jahat

Evil or malicious, simply used as a great insult to another person. It calls them the lowest on the earth, that they are less than. It is only used for criminals or those that betray the moon tribe.

Ketua

Chief or elder, this person is the chief of the moon tribe, they can be either male or female and their word is absolute law. Even if there is a tradition passed down for years, Ketua can change it with their word.

Koki

Cook or chef, they are a sub unit under the hunters. They cook and prepare food for larger groups in the tribe, they can also help smaller families cook and make food.

Mati Dolok

Dead Mountain, the great mountain that is the opposite boundary for the valley. It is wide and tall, and it is called ‘dark’ because it casts a shadow down over the forest.

Mati Kahaf

Dead cave, the cave in which the monster wolf resides in that is within the mountain.

Pencari

Hunter, they are the hunters of the tribe and go out to kill and bring back any animals they can find for the tribe as a whole or for individual families

Prajurit

Warrior or soldier, those that protect the tribe from outside forces. They are always training in case they must fight the sun tribe or the monster wolf one day. Day to day the train and check the borders of their land.

Rakasa serigala

Giant monster wolf, this is the monster wolf that the moon tribe made a covenant with, his protection and rights to the land in turn for 3 sacrifices a year. The moon tribe both respect and fear this beast. They have only seen it from a distance.

Suci kado

Holy present or pure gift, this is what the sacrifice is called that is given to the monster wolf. In order for one to be proclaimed as the pure gift, they must meet certain requirements. They cannot be parenting a young child, they must have already trained for their trade, they must be no older than the Chief, and for the most part they must be dispensable but also a .

Tukang

Handyman or craftsman, the artists and blacksmiths of the tribe. They build both tools and sculptures. One day they can make a great spear for hunters and the next they can carve out a wooden figure to praise the moon goddess.

Wolf Moon

This is the full moon under the month of January

 

Clans

Certain families mastered specific trades long ago, and therefore they have earned names for the family lines.

Example: Chanyeol comes from a long line of hunters, his entire family holds the clan name Parkpencari.

Park is the differentiating clan name that sets them apart from other pencari families. Pencari notes them as a hunter family.

Bigger clans have a lot of respect and expectation that all their offspring will follow in their footsteps of the same trade. So for this example, all of the Parkpencari expect all of their offspring to become hunters.

A note about trades and clans

Despite all of the moon tribe members having clans they belong to, that for the most part expect them to become the trade they were born into, some do not.

You have to be naturally born with the skills of a hunter or a craftsmen.

Because the clans have such long lineages they assume that all their children will be naturally born the same as other clan members.

It is not unheard of for a Parkpencari to become a cook, or a caregiver. So there will be an induk who holds the name Parkpencari, they are a caregiver but come from a clan of hunters. 

 


Hello love doves!

I'm really really excited about posting this story! I hope this dictionary is helpful to you guys!

I'm going to just go through what I have written so far and make sure I don't have grammatical errors and all that jazz, cut it up and hopefully post the first chapter by either tonight or tomorrow, so please anticipate!

ALSO if any of you do, or know people, who do crazy good photoshop editing and feel like uh...idk making a poster for this story, that would be seriously awesome. I TRIED and failed miserabley lol. 

Anywho, thank you for the support I really appreciate it, and I hope you will stick around for what is to come!

 

Much love doves,

 

Porter