Little Monster

Love, Let's Fly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Think of this as teen Asher & little monster)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Have you ever wish to do your best, but later on you feel you have done enough? Even when you realized the result wasn’t half from what you wanted?

Kim Taeoh always felt that way.

When he was in elementary school, he used to get B for mathematic. He wanted an A, but he was still happy when Joo Ahn told him he got the highest mark for the paper.

He was 14 when he followed his appa to a charity work for the first time. It was in a cancer specialized hospital. He was making origamis with the sick children there when one kid came to him and asked for a particular animal origami—a frog. He did, the kid smiled and he sighed in relief.

He took part in the 800m relay once. He was the first runner, which inevitably let the pressures from his teammates to be put on him. He somehow failed, but it was a fortunate when they still won the silver at the end.

Little did he know, he had let down many people for all those time.

His mom saw his mathematic sheet and he could make out a disappointment in the older’s tone after that, though he was telling him that he was proud of him.

He made the frog origami and the kid did smile at him while saying her thank you. But he didn’t miss the pout on the younger’s face as she stared down at his origami. He should had offered to make a new one for the kid, yet he didn’t.

His teammates assured him that they were satisfied for getting the second place. Still, he knew they weren’t truly feeling it. He knew it but he merely left the topic behind.

He was sorry, yet he did nothing. He admitted to nothing. Each time, when the time passed, he gradually talked into himself that he had done his best too.

He had done enough. And it was actually wrong of those people to expect more from him.

Because everyone want to do his or her best. Who doesn’t?

 

 

 

“YOU’RE A CONCEITED JERK WHO TREATED YOUR WORK LIKE A CHILD PLAY!”

 

Taeoh put down his book with a huff, pulled out one of his earplugs and turned to his left side. A girl whose face looks like she had been offended the God since her birth—really ugly, came into his view and he couldn’t help scowling.

Cho Sarang.

“What did you say?”, he asked, though he heard perfectly every words from the girl a while ago. So much for wanting a peaceful break time. This before him was too loud and persistent!

“And why did you, a girl from class B come to this special class? Do you need a tutor too?”, he continued, emphasized the word ‘too’ as it is a well-known fact in the school that many have come to seek his help in their study, be it a sophomore or the senior. “Fine. Which subject? Calculus? English? I heard your whole class flopped in those two during the recent test”

The annoying girl, however, didn’t even flinched and it only irked Taeoh to the end when the latter wrapped her arms across her chest as she stepped closer to his desk.

“No thanks, Mr Smart. I just came to check if you’ve done recovering or not because your equally stupid—opps I meant smart best friend, Son Joo Ahn has been saying that you were sick whenever we were supposed to meet for our project, you poor thing”

Sarang casually plopped herself onto the unoccupied seat in front of Taeoh and flashed him a sickly smile as she leaned towards him. “So how are you today, Taeoh-shi? Do I perhaps need to kiss your boo-boo? Shall I?”

Taeoh clenched his jaw, his fist bailing up in an instant when his ears then caught giggles coming from some of his classmates in the room. Without thinking, he shot them a glare and they shushed down immediately.

“I told you I wanted us to work separately, didn’t I? You draw, I paint. Get it?”

“What a crap”

“What?”

“Have you seen the wall, Kim Taeoh? It’s as big as the giant billboard in the town, alright? Did you, a so-called valediction in this school seriously think that I could finish drawing a mural on it alone?”

“Like I wouldn’t be on my own later”

“Yes, you wouldn’t. I dare to bet on my saving that you would ask for a helper from your father and take all the credits like a ty person you are”

 Taeoh yanked the other earplug out of his ear and tossed it aside harshly. “God you’re so annoying”, he muttered as he looked straight into the eyes of the girl before him.

But, like before, Sarang still managed a stoic face as if she wasn’t affected at all with the sudden outburst. Taeoh inwardly let out a curse inside his head and frowned a little.

Well… Cho Sarang will always be Cho Sarang.

Besides, Taeoh was aware that ‘the stupid girl from class B’ is only a façade. He had known Sarang since elementary school and the latter was actually brilliant.

It was simply a silly move from her then by trying to fail in one or two subjects only to pick on her parents for not sending her to an Art school earlier this year. Again, how could he know about this? It was because both of Cho Sarang’s parents are the Creative Directors in KJ Group and he was just happened to be there when the group of directors gossiped about their kids during the company dinner.

‘You surely are something, Cho’, he thought as he picked up his book and began to find the page he left it before.

“Tomorrow. 3pm. Library. If you’re late, forget that I’m your partner in this ”, Taeoh said suddenly as his eyes still on his book.

“Change it to 4pm. I’ve piano lesson after school”

Taeoh looked up at Sarang and raised one eyebrow. “Do I look like I give a ?”

A hit on his forehead answered him right away.

“GET. OUT”,  Taeoh said through gritted teeth as he repeatedly rubbed the certain spot on his foreh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter