A Proposal

Teach Me

Myungsoo looked down to where Sungjong was staring and instantly turned into a red babbling mess. "I-I- um, I just... The lighting was perfect and I-I'm sorry. I'll delete it," he got up and was about to erase the photo when Sungjong's hand clasped over his, stopping him. 

"May I?" Sungjong gestured towards the camera, wanting to see the photo. Myungsoo lifted off the strap and gave it to him. "Wow, I didn't know you were a photographer," Sungjong began scrolling through other photos. Myungsoo was frozen, the only photos he had on the camera were of Sungjong. He swore he was about to die from embarassment. Sungjong's eyes widened, the photos were of him but spread out over the past few days. The photos were of him studying, eating with friends, and just walking down the hallway. He looked up to Myungsoo, "these photos are all of me." He should be creeped out but these photos were so beautifully taken, the lightening, the authenticity of it all just blew him away. He could just about kiss Myungsoo right now. 

Myungsoo, unaware of Sungjong's modeling affinity was on the brink of a breakdown. "I'm so sorry. I should have asked. It's just that you are the perfect subject. I wanted to use the photos as practice for a photography competition coming up, I swear I wouldn't use photos of you without asking you. I'll delete them right now," he stepped forward to take the camera out of Sungjong's hands when the younger took a step back. 

"Wait, don't delete them. I have a proposal," Sungjong said brightly, "You're a math genius, everyone knows it. I at math, and I need a passing grade to keep my scholarship." Myungsoo's brows furrowed, where was he going with this? "I will model for you if you tutor me, it's a win-win situation. Please, I'm desparate and by the looks of it so are you," Sungjong bit his lip in anticipation. 

"Deal." 

--------------

Myungsoo and Sungjong entered the cafeteria, they decided they could discuss their arrangement over food as they were both starving. Sungjong made his way towards his usual table where Dongwoo, Hoya, and Sungyeol sat. "Wait, let's sit by ourselves. I...uh.. I just think it would be easier to talk if it was just us two," he motioned to one of the empty tables, "we can sit over there if you don't mind." He looked at Sungjong expectantly. 

Sungjong blushed, his lips nervously. "Sure," he smiled earnestly. Sungjong definitely did not mind sitting alone with Myungsoo, this meant he could monopolize the older boy all to himself, he was in heaven. He was still recovering from finding those picutres of himself on Myungsoo's camera. Did the older boy like him? Sungjong definitely wished he had. It was hard to read him, most of the time Myungsoo had a poker face. 

Dream on, yeah right he would like someone as common as me. Who knows if is even gay? He could get any man or woman he wanted if he was willing to open up to people, he thought to himself. He knew he couldn't get involved with Myungsoo, he didn't want to scare him away. Sungjong desperately needed an A on the next few tests or else he would be out of a schoalrship. He needed to keep things professional, even if it meant supressing his feelings for the older boy. 

As they reached the empty table, Sungjong immediately began digging into his meal, black bean noodles because he was too lazy to cook anything else yesterday night. Myungsoo began to rifle through his bag, pulling out a paper and handing it to Sungjong. "This is the flyer for the competition I want to enter in. The rules are pretty simple and vague, but that's a good thing, I can get more creative with it... I'm still thinking about what I want to do but I know that I want to use your pictures. I think you would be the perfect subject to learn from," Sungjong admired that Myungsoo spoke so earnestly. "The prize is getting to work under a famous photographer of my choice. The competition ends a few days after finals, so since it's the beginning of March, we would be working together until June." 

Sungjong paused for a second, swallowing some of his lunch. "Okay, I just need to be your subject, right?" Myungsoo nodded. "So... let me get this straight. All I have to do is model for you and you'll be my tutor until finals? No other payment needed?" he said expectantly. This was a great opportunity, getting to model for an actual photographer and getting tutored, but he needed to make sure there were no catches. 

"Yes, that's all. I promise," the older boy paused for a second, thinking, "Are you free Saturday? We can meet at the Han river at 9am and should be finished by 12pm. I'll tutor you afterwards." 

"Sure, let's shake on it." Sungjong tried to ignore how soft Myungsoo's hands were.