Chapter Six

Sickeningly Sweet

Yoongi whines clutching his tummy. He shouldn’t have touched that Jjampong.

 

“This is why you should listen to your mother, Yoo.” Mrs. Min says in a frustrating tone.

 

“I know. I’m sorry.” He whimpers.

 

She sighs, packing empty tupperware into her bag.

 

“Eomma.” Yoongi his lips. “Are you leaving me?”

 

Silence.

 

Slowly, Yoongi rolls onto his other side, groaning on the way.

 

“Honey, I-” She trails off, staring into his watery eyes. “I have to.”

 

Yoongi sniffles, hands rubbing his belly in an attempt to calm it down.

 

“I’m sorry baby.” Mrs. Min says softly, pushing his bangs out of the way. Gently, she places a kiss on his sweaty forehead.

 

When they make eye contact again, she asks, “Do you want me to call a nurse for your tummy?”

 

But before Yoongi can reply, Seokjin comes limping in.

 

“I’ll take care of your son, Miss.” A warm smile spreads across his face, and Yoongi’s heart skips a bit. “I will stay right beside him.” Jin locks eyes with Yoongi, admiration spilling out them. “Promise.”

 

Yoongi’s mother stands up, quickly taking Seokjin’s hand in her own. She caresses his hand in gratitude.

 

“Thank you so much for being so good to my boy.” She sniffles. “I know he’ll be in good hands whenever I can’t make it to visit.”

 

“It’s no problem. Yoongi gives great company.” Jin smiles wider, patting her small hand.

 

Mrs. Min withdraws her hand and bows respectfully before leaving the room.

 

“Your mother seems sweet.” Jin says, hobbling over to face yoongi.

 

“Mmm.” He mumbles. “She usually is.”

 

Jin sits down on the bed. “You should have told me you couldn’t eat spicy foods.”

 

“I didn’t know my mom was still here.” Yoongi snorts.

 

Seokjin rubs Yoongi’s shoulder lovingly. “Do you want me to get you some water?”

 

Yoongi shakes his head.

 

“Okay.” Jin replies softly. “I’ll just get a towel to wipe your forehead.”

 

As Jin gets up to leave, Yoongi grasps his wrist. “No.”

 

“No?” Seokjin turns around. “But you look so uncomfortable. Please let me help you feel better.”

 

“Just lay with me. That will make me feel better.” Yoongi mutters, eyes shut, hand shaking.

 

“O-okay.” Jin his lips, surprised at Yoongi’s words.

 

He sits down on the bed, petting Yoongi’s hair. “I think the bed is too small for both us.”

 

“I’ll make us fit.”

 

Yoongi wraps an arm around Seokjin’s waist, weakly pulling him down on the bed. “See?”

 

“Mm.” Jin squeaks in agreement. His cheeks are bright red from the close contact, Yoongi’s breath leading a path of fire down his neck.

 

“Are you okay Jin?” Yoongi croaks. “You seem tense.”

 

Jin jumps. “Y-Yeah! I’m totally fine.”

 

Yoongi’s face pales. “But I’m not.”

 

He rushes out of the bed, barely making it to the bathroom before spilling the contents of his lunch.

 

“Y-Yoongi!” Jin slips out of bed, rushing over to the bathroom. “What should I do?”

 

Yoongi simply looks up at him before lurching over the toilet again.

 

Jin carefully lowers himself to his knees in order to rub Yoongi’s back.

 

When Yoongi leans back, he falls into Jin’s large body, accidentally wiping vomit on his friend’s shirt.

 

Jin averts his head from the smell, uncomfortably hugging Yoongi to his chest.

 

“I’m sorry.” He whispers. “I can-”

 

“Shhh. It’s okay. You can’t help it.”

 

Yoongi starts crying, fingers curling around the fabric covering Jin’s chest.

 

Jin awkwardly pats his back, not knowing what to do.

 

“I don’t want to die Jin.” Yoongi starts shaking with sobs. “I don’t want to...I-I-I don-” He hiccups, hurriedly turning to throw up again.

 

After he finishes, Jin murmurs, “Let’s get you back to bed… But first, you should brush your teeth.”

Yoongi nods, using Jin’s arm as a means to get himself back on his feet. “Thank you.”

 

Slowly, he starts to brush his teeth, making sure he completely cleans out his mouth. Jin then hands him a cup of water to rinse with, before helping him back to his bed.

 

Yoongi hiccups again then wipes his mouth as he crawls under the covers. “Seokjin…”

 

“Don’t worry. You’ll be okay.” Jin comforts, sitting next to Yoongi on the bed as he envelops him in a hug.

 

“But you don’t know that!” He shouts, tears spilling from his red eyes. “I can’t stand seeing my mom so upset like this… I don’t want to die, and have my mom be even more upset...my father too…”

 

“Stop talking like this. You don’t know.”

 

“I do.”

 

“You don’t.” Jin touches his cheeks, wiping away his tears with his thumb. “Now shut up about this, or I’ll make you shut up.”

 

“No you wo-”

 

Jin dives in for a kiss, gaining nothing more than shock from the other.

 

As he pulls away, he watches Yoongi’s reaction, noticing that his eyes are still shut, his lips still puckered.

 

Seokjin decides to go in for a deeper kiss, venturing to move his lips against Yoongi’s this time. Slowly, he leans enough weight onto his roommate to get him to lie on his back. Moving to hover over Yoongi, Jin attempts to force the other’s lips open using his tongue, but he resists, carefully pushing on Jin’s chest.

 

With a shaky breath, Yoongi whispers, “I don’t think we should.”

 

“Why?” Jin nuzzles his nose against Yoongi’s cheek.

 

“I-I don’t know… I’m confused.” His eyes dart around the room.

 

Jin sits up on Yoongi’s hips. “Ah. Right. It wasn’t too long ago that you were homophobic.”

 

“I wasn’t hom-”

 

“I remember. It was ‘fear of the unknown’.” Jin giggles. “So were you secretly gay this whole time and just scared of your own feelings around me.”

 

Yoongi turns beet red. “N-N-No! I’m not even gay.”

 

“Really?” Jin asks sarcastically.

 

He leans down, pretending to prepare for a kiss. As planned, Yoongi shuts his eyes and puckers his lips, waiting for a kiss that will never come.

 

“Not gay huh?” Jin chuckles, breath hitting Yoongi’s face.

 

Immediately, the younger boy opens his eyes, drowning in embarrassment.

 

“Maybe… I might-”

 

Before he can finish, Jin captures his lips in yet another kiss. The minute he pulls away, Yoongi lets out a contented sigh, slowly separating their lips, while leaving his head tilted upward.


“Maybe I just like you.” Yoongi murmurs, nose softly brushing Jin’s.

*_*_*_*_*_​*

 
A/N: I hope this isn't moving too fast, but I can't help myself from basking in the fluff.