002

Angst One-shots

" Yeah I can drink up to fifteen bottles of soju without getting drunk "  Howon laughed as he told the host. But deep inside, no one ever knew about the fact that he could never get drunk was a curse instead of a blessing like what everyone thought. Sure he didn't have crazy drunk antics that made embarrasing stories during reality shows, and he even gets to watch the other members do crazy stunts. But more often than not, howon hates the fact that he can never manage to get wasted enough to black out and forget everything. And there was one memory that howon wanted to forget, more than anything else.

 


" Oppa, do you really have to leave for Seoul? " Bomi asked howon. She didn't want him to leave busan for somewhere so far away, but even she knew that she wouldn't be able to stop him from pursuing his dreams as well. His passion for doing what he love was what attracted Bomi to him in the first place. Howon merely nodded his head as he gently rested his chin against the top of her head. " You know I have to do this. But I'll always come back for you arraso? You have to wait for me okay. I'll come back when I have succeeded. Promise me you will always wait for me? "

" Okay. I promise. "

 


Forcing a smile on her face, Bomi waved happily as she sent howon off to Seoul. Watching the love of her life embark towards the next phase of his life. A silent tear ran down her face as she watched the shadow of howon get smaller and smaller.

 


" Are you sure this is what you want? You know this will break his heart don't you? " EunJi asked as she helped Bomi pack up her stuff. " You do know that he at least should be entitled to the truth don't you. "

" I know... But the truth would kill him. And that's the last thing I want to do. " Bomi muttered. She was moving into the hospital that day, and she had enlisted the help of eunji, her best friend. " You have to promise to never tell him. "

" I know. I promise. "

 


Howon returned back to busan after infinite became internationally known with " be mine ". The first thing he did was to return home and greet his parents because that is the kind of son he is. But the moment he had greeted his parents, he rushed to the address where Bomi had stayed. To his surprise, it wasnt Bomi who opened the door but a couple. He quickly apologised for disturbing them and started calling his old friends. Phone calls after phone calls, he tried contacting her but no one knew where she went. It was as if she had disappeared off the face of the earth. Hurt and confused, howon returned home and soon, went back to Seoul with a broken heart.

 


Bomi sat quietly in the hospital room. Her life was quietly wasting away, everyday she drew... And painted. Eunji visited her often, and was often the only colour in her otherwise black and white life. In her bedside table, she kept a metal box filled with all of her memories with howon. Many times a day, she would take out the box and examine all of the contents carefully, thinking back about the times she had spent with howon. She would also stalk him regularly, watching videos after videos of him, supporting all the fan projects related to infinite. Day after day went by, and day by day, she wilted away. She got weaker and weaker, until the day where she didn't even have the strength to sit up. But she would still make eunji play videos of howon performing, watching him quietly. She watched and watched... Until the day where her eyes didn't open anymore.

 


 

Howon never knew what had happened to Bomi. For four years he waited for any news of her, he frequently called his friends from busan to check if they had any information. But for four years, he never had any. Until one day when eunji came to visit him, along with notebooks of drawings by Bomi. In a small little cafe, eunji told howon what had happened, and in that little cafe, howon cried his eyes out.

" She didn't want me to tell you anything, even after... She had passed away. But I thought... I thought that you should know. You deserve to, she loved you so much. "

From then on, all howon wanted was to forget the fact that he met such a wonderful girl. But he never could.