Chapter One

Heart A Tug

“Morning Eunjung Unnie!” Solji, the newbie chirped. She didn’t know why the girl always tailed her around yet she felt grateful the girl didn’t disturb her on her work.

“Morning Han Eunjung!” a puppy-like latter entered the room, grinning happily.

“Baekhyun you're late. Talk about time management for once.” she whined and sat the pouting lad on the chair.

“At least I have the initiative to come this early. Be grateful you useless toot. I could come at eleven. Even manager hyung can't hold back on my aegyo. And don’t you start on Sehun’s aegyo being better than mine because that boy is weak.” He retorted and pursed his pink lips.

“Yet his always worked on me and you, I’d rather drown and die than to witness your aegyo.” She hit him lightly on his arm, earning a groan from the still pouting lips.

“Yah. Fine!” he sulked, crossing his arms on his chest. She chuckled and hugged the latter from the back, and uttered briefly an emotionless apology. If there's anyone who can shut the beagle line, it's her alright. Han Eunjung, South Korea finest dog trainer.

--

After the petite young lady was done with her magical touch on Baekhyun, she sat on the chair before a tall lanky figure burst into the room, startling her.

“Say, have you heard of knocking?” her eyebrows furrowed at the tall figure.

“Noona~” he chirped and sat next to the annoyed figure.

She sighed and grabbed her makeup kit, squeezing a good amount of beauty product and lathered it on the boy’s face. “Hun how many times do I have to say to you knocked the damn door before you suddenly entered.” She padded his cheeks with a thin line of powder. “But noona.” He thin lips pursed and he tilt his head to face the 23-year-old makeup artist. He looked at her with his utmost innocent looks and continued, “Hunth ist sowey.” His lisp gave way straight to her heart. This child… she thought and pushed the boy’s face to the front again and began working on his eyes. If she received a second blow god knows what’ll happened to her. His aegyo was indeed better than Baekhyun…and lethal. Don’t forget lethal.

--

When the photo shoot was over, Eunjung wanted to head to the cafeteria when a figure pushed the door open, causing her head to bump on the door edge and she winced in pain.

“Gosh are you alright? I'm sorry I'm near sighted I can't see that well I'm so sorry.” She wished his strings of words stopped because the last thing she need was an endless apology when she might be bleeding.

She looked up and her eyes widened. The pain were gone, the time just…stopped.

“Kyungsoo-sshi.” She blurted. “M’fine.” Her cheeks flushed being only few centimetres apart from the doe eyed male. He squint his owl-like eyes and helped Eunjung stood. “Oh Eunjung-sshi. I apologized, I didn’t notice you opening the door.” He brushed her hair from her face, out of his conscience. The girl was astounded by his action, leaving her more vivid red surging from her squirrel cheeks. It took her few more minutes for her to function normally again and she tapped her blouse, patting away the nonexistent dust.  “It's okay. Um…” she stuttered and her tongue felt numb. “I’ll just g-go.” She blurted and a few steps later the petite figure vanished into the corridor, leaving the doe eyed male in confusion.

--

She sat quietly at the open air cafeteria. The sun screamed murder considering it was summer yet that’s what she needed. She can't think straight. Why can't she act like normally in front of the guy? Thinking about the encounter causing her heartbeat to rise again, threatening to burst out of her chest. Why can't she treat the guy like how she was with Baekhyun or Sehun? They’re from the same boy group, EXO. Then why? Why did it felt so different when they met? She knew why yet she can't comprehend the answer given by her heart; she was in love with him.

It all began when she started reporting for work on the first day, a year ago. She graduated at Korea most prestigious art university under the Bachelor of Arts in Makeup and Styling. A month after graduating she saw flyers at the huge building. It was a flyer, looking for makeup artist. She tried her luck and dragged her two feet towards one of the tall building in Seoul, SM Ent. Just a week before she was called for an interview and over the waiting week it was hell. However she already accepted the fact she won't get the job considering she was a fresh graduate and based on the number of stranded graduate in South Korea, the prospect of getting it was as thin as ice on the first day of winter.

Then again she could say she’ll visit the church often and thanked all the angels because against all odds, she got the job.

On her first day however all of the angels already forgotten about her because none of the people would help her to get to the main office.

The signs were confusing and she caught herself standing in the middle of the lobby, looking blanked and lost. She tried to get a hold of the passer by or the staff but they were so busy even looking at her for 0.002 seconds would waste their time cut their life short to ten years.

She braced herself and stride randomly into each floor, looking for the sign board that said ‘Main Office’. When she reached fifth floor she lead herself towards the cool looking door that written ‘Do Not Enter, Authorized Personnel Only’. She worked there now, that mean she was an authorized personnel. She slowly pushed the door only to find out it was a recording room. She sighed, another unsuccessful discovery.

The melody coming from the room however was another story. It was so delightful Eunjung decided to stay a little longer. She couldn’t recognize the song sung by the angle voice.

 

The answer is you
That is you
My answer is you
Only you
Nae modeun geol da boyeo jwo bwasseo
You are my everything
Neomu hwaksinhaeseo


By the time she realized her infatuation of the song (more like the voices), she was already in the room, seated on the chair, listening devotedly.

Jom deo josimhal geol nal deo akkil geol
Nae mam dachiji anhge
Sum meomchwo beoril geot gateun
Ireon gibun na cheoeumingeol

 

She couldn’t get over this part particularly. All of the voices were extremely superior but a certain one seized her attention. It was so…seductive yet the emotion she felt showed otherwise. Who in the name of the owner of this voice? The texture of his voice is so silky, warm and honeyed yet at the same time it possessed a darker shade along with it. It was so amazing. She wanted to meet the owner of the voice. And she did.

 A soft pat on the shoulder greeted her. That’s when she grasped back to reality that the song was over and she was currently in big trouble for spying or trespassing.

“Are you lost?” a voice asked her. She cornered her face to the voice. A doe eyed male greeted her. He wasn’t annoyed at the intrusion, his eyes showed merely curiosity at the petite figure. She nodded, still stunned by the male. That was the moment when she realized, she was doomed to fall for him.

--

Time flew quickly for Eunjung as much as her heart skipped many beats because of her infatuation with the doe eyed male. Regardless of the actions, every time she was closed with the male her heart pounded so fast she had to pinch herself to keep her soul in pieces.

She was assigned as EXO’s makeup artist and she was okay with it until she met the members. Others might call it lucky but for Eunjung, she actually regret coming to the interview. Twelve hot men packed in one decent sized room with various stages of hormones; it wasn’t exactly like you imagine it was.

The first to warm up with her was Byun Baekhyun, or she’d like to call her best friend right now. He was the first guy that made her open up about herself and socialize more.  She wasn’t exactly a social butterfly but an outing with three to four people was the best achievement she was proud of. Baekhyun however called her awkward useless being not worthy of human contact and she cried, literally. Baekhyun was the guy who taught her the art of sarcasm and since she learned it, she was more talkative than ever, except when it came to Kyungsoo. Everything died, including the damn butterfly.

Lathering the boys’ face with makeup wasn’t a hard work. She was happy working in the field she loved. One makeover room consist of two makeup artists to ease the work and for a better, faster performance.

Eunjung usually covered for Baekhyun (he was whiny that the other makeup artist can't get his wings right and it always ‘too big or too small’ for him), Tao, Sehun, Luhan, Suho and Kris meanwhile Yuri noona covered the rest of the members. Eunjung skipped Kyungsoo on purposes giving various excuses every time Yuri noona asked her to do Kyungsoo’s makeover because of all the members, Kyungsoo was the only guy she hadn’t give her touches.

Her friendship with Byun Baekhyun started on one particular day she brought homemade kimchi spaghetti to work and Baekhyun wouldn’t shut up about how ‘scrumptious’ it was. Since then he literally begged Eunjung to create him more homemade meals. They traded phone numbers and she slowly turned into his chef. Oh he didn’t stop right there, one time he shoved Sehun a spoonful of carbonara spaghetti and it was a miracle they still breathe after all the excessive bickering. Basically Sehun wanted more but Baekhyun insisted that Eunjung made it for him, emphasizing the word him and continued shoving more into his mouth. Eunjung sighed at the scene and she swore not to bring anymore food for Baekhyun. Period. Sehun however flashed few of cuteness, leading an overturn in her decision to stop making Baekhyun meals to; adding another plate for Sehun. Since then she realised the meaning of aegyo and how manipulative it can be…oh and lethal. Definitely not for the weak hearted.

Over the time she got closer with Baekhyun (because of food but then Baekhyun realised Eunjung was more than meets the eye.) the most then Sehun come at second. Both of the boys usually crashed at her apartment on weekends, asking her to cook exquisite meals, demanding her to make fresh pudding and made her ran errands. She didn’t know how it was called a friendship but she was grateful for them and she complied with their wishes. She was just that kind of person. She was not the type of person to have many friends and she knew both of them aware of that.

Thanks to the food, friendship budded and she felt grateful she listened to her mother about gaining knowledge at cooking and practicing over and over again until it felt right. Well…kinda. Her mom truthful words were ‘learning to cook for future husband’ but kinda the same right? As long as they’re happy, she thought.