Fever (Hex Verse)

DBSK/JYJ Moments

Title: Fever (part of a serie of drabbles inspired by Adam Lambert's songs)
Pairing: Yoosu, Jaemin
Rating: PG-13

Genre: Supernatural, horror
Lenght: Drabble
Summary: Hex town gets disturbed by the arrival of a stranger. Sequel/Off shot of No trespassing



Leo walked slowly even as the sudden rain soaked his clothes. He was in a lazy mood. Maybe a night of drinking was just the thing.



He strutted into the only pub in town. Not that Hex needed another one considering the number of inhabitants. The smells hit his nose immediately. Almost everyone had chosen to come to the pub as well. He smirked as he glanced across the room. Most eyes were avoiding him. He chuckled and walked to the bar ignoring everyone.




Idly leaning against the counter nearby, Ren lifted his eyes and with a soft smile came closer. 

“Hi, Leo. Bored?”

“Nothing new in town. How can one not be bored?”

“Maybe I can help?”

“Don’t offer things you can’t deliver.”

Ren was about to answer when Leo swiftly grabbed him around the neck. 

The smile was feral. Ren also knew it could turn deadly and cruel. He held his hands up. Leo let him go. 

The day moved on. Minutes, hours. Time was irrelevant in Hex. The Summer day turned bright and warm. 

Then a different smell was carried in the wind. Every single man in town stopped and lifted their heads, sniffing the air. 

“Fresh blood. Warm alive blood.”

“Oh, it’s been quite some time since someone walked into town.”

“The locals know to obey the No Trespassing sign. It must be an outsider.”

Leo closed his eyes and examined the scent. Indeed it was someone a long way from home. He considered the smell. It was delicious. Maybe he would capture this one?

Someone turned the music up. Inside the bar there was a flurry of activity. Apparently everyone was getting up and approaching the door.

“There he goes
My baby walks so slow
ual tic-tac-toe
Yeah, I know we both know
It isn’t time, no

But could you be m-mine?”

“Damn, I’m feeling hungry! Haven’t had a good meal in ages!”

“That’s cause you’re too lazy to hunt!”

Leo observed the chaos with a detached gaze. People in Hex really were a blood thirsty bunch. Amid the chaos, Jaejoong emerged, purposefully walking to the door.

“Move out of the way! You guys don’t know how to hunt. Leave it to the professionals.”

Grumbling ensued but to Leo’s amusement no one contradicted Jaejoong. Next to him Ren suddenly gasped. He looked over and found out why.

Almost completely hidden in shadows, Changmin was forgotten way in the back of the pub. But not for long. Top was walking right up to him. 



“I’m sick of laying down alone, hey
With this fever, fever, yeah
My one and own
I wanna get you alone

Give you fever, fever, yeah”

Top kneeled next to Changmin. The young man was bound and sitting on the floor against one of the walls. His shirt was in shreds just like Jaejoong liked best. Top smiled and lifted one of his hands moving it up to touch Changmin’s face. The bound man tried to move away, whimpering with fear.  

“Time to be m-mine, mine
Let’s get inside your car

Just you, me and the stars”

There was a loud sound like a knife swishing through the air.

Abruptly the music stopped with a big crash. Someone had dropped the radio. There was silence, absolute silence. 

Leo smirked. Top was holding perfectly still with his hand millimetres away from Changmin’s face. Under his chin the deadly sharp long nails of Jaejoong’s hand held him prisoner. Jaejoong’s body remained close to the door but he was half twisted, his arm stretched out in Top’s direction and his nails had moved all across the bar to protect his property. Everyone was slinking away and counting themselves lucky that this time no one had been pierced by the legendary nails. 



Leo decided to intervene.  

“Music, please. Someone dust off that piano and play some tune. As for you, Top, you are damn lucky.”

“Lucky? How can he be lucky? He knows Changmin is mine. He’s been warned before and yet he tries again. What do you mean, lucky? Leo?”

“Don’t give me that tone of voice, Jaejoong. You’re the one who walked away from Changmin intent on capturing more prey, leaving your blood cow unattended. You don’t want to lose your property, don’t leave it laying around. Oh, and Top?”

“Yes?”

“Last time. Next time you try I’m letting Jaejoong off you. Understood?”

Top turned a regretful look in Changmin’s direction and withdrew his hand. With a snarl, Jaejoong retracted his nails, making sure to slightly cut Top in the process. Then he walked back and grabbed Changmin off the floor and kept the boy tucked under his arm. 

Top moved closer to Leo, trying to keep away from an angry Jaejoong. Ren welcomed him with a teasing laugh.

“He’s bound to Jaejoong. He can’t leave him. You’re going to have to find your own.”

“It’s annoying. Why doesn’t he share?”

“Would you share in his place?”

“Off course.”

Leo wacked Top over the head. 

“Bound ones should not be shared. Stop trying to disrespect our laws. If you’re hungry go over to the food farm or capture the unfortunate soul entering our town.”

Jaejoong’s laughter carried over. 

“He’s too late. Everyone is too late.”

“What?”

“Oh, come on.”

“Damn it. Top, you got us distracted.”

Top huffed indignantly.

“What the hell is my fault?”

Jaejoong looked on to the pub’s entrance and smiled cruelly to everyone. 

“Yoochun has already staked a claim over the stranger. It’s the food farm for you boundless ers.”

Leo laughed. Outside, he could sense Yoochun thrumming with the desire to possess the helpless trespasser. He leaned against the counter observing the crowd. Almost everyone had given up and was back to their drinks. A few walked over stubbornly to the pub’s door. 

From the street, Yoochun’s voice was unforgiving. 

“Mine. I do not share.”

That was the end of it. Everyone turned their backs to the door and went to drown their sorrows in alcohol. 

The wind carried over the stranger’s voice yelling at Yoochun to let him go. 

Leo walked over to where Jaejoong was silently observing Yoochun outside. His arm was still possessively holding Changmin near him. The young boy was shivering but despite occasional bouts of insolence had long resigned himself to his fate as Jaejoong’s property. Leo suspected there might be more to it but their smells were so mixed it was hard to analyse.

“I think we’ll have a new bound human very soon if Yoochun is not careful.”

“Really? Yoochun?”

“Look at them, Leo. He’s doing more than feeding. That’s how this one here trapped me. Humans are trickier than they look. Isn’t that true, Changmin, my pretty?”

Changmin remained silent even as Jaejong forced him to look up. The light showed Jaejoong’s feeding bite marks clearly on the young man’s skin. With his curiosity picked, Leo observed Yoochun more closely. Indeed, Yoochun was doing more than feeding. The way he was touching the trespasser was decidedly ual. 

Leo crossed the pub doors. Yoochun lifted red angry eyes at the interruption.

“Elsewhere, Yoochun.”

With a smile, Yoochun turned and both he and the helpless stranger disappeared in a puff of black smoke. 

Leo put his hands in his pockets and walked slowly back to his house. Maybe he should get a bound human of his own. Apparently they had their charms.