Chapter Eight

Osaka
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

While walking towards the fresh market, Sana was all smiles while reminiscing about how her grandfather would take her there to see the fresh produce they can find and take free tastes from the stall owners. Sighing with a smile on her face, her grandmother turned towards her wondering what could’ve made Sana sigh but her grandma just saw her with a smile and continued looking for ingredients.

 

Sana’s grandma suggested that they try to do various dishes with squid, where they will actually cook the squid. Just as they were walking towards the wet market, Sana noticed a somewhat familiar figure at one side of the market looking at each of the tanks. She just ignored him and went to follow her grandmother. They were nearing that side of the market and when her grandmother stopped near that store, the guy coincidentally looked their way and saw Sana’s grandma.

 

“Oh! Grandmother Mitsuya!” the guy said and that’s when Sana realized why he looked familiar, he was the frizzy-haired guy from last night but with somehow neater hair. He excused himself from the store he was in and quickly strode towards Sana’s grandma with a big grin on his face. Feeling a bit awkward with what’s happening, Sana pretended to take interest with the different types of fish displayed at the store they were in.

 

“Yuta-kun! How nice to see you here,” Sana’s grandmother said with a grandmotherly smile towards the guy named ‘Yuta’. “Is it your turn to buy the groceries?” After hearing his name, Sana felt like she knows someone who has the same name around their neighborhood that she used to play with…

 

‘Yuta’ was still smiling brightly at Sana’s grandmother, “Yes, it is. I’m still waiting for Mr. Takahashi to show me the best octopus he’s selling.” He then noticed someone by the fish tanks. “Who are you with, grandma?” he asked while trying to take a peek of her face.

 

“I’m with my granddaughter, Sana,” she replied while looking over her shoulder and Sana was still trying to figure out what the ‘Yuta’ from her childhood looks like. “She’s here for her summer job at our store,” Sana’s grandmother continued. “I’m sure Masami has told the whole town that her niece will be staying at the shop wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter