Happily Waiting

Sweet Journey

December 2021

It is a cold morning in December in 02 house. Seungyeon has woken up early in the morning. She has many things to prepare today. After getting dressed, she called her manager to remind him to pick her up at home. She asked her manager last night to drive and accompany her to the market to buy groceries.

Today is a special day for Seungyeon and she has been waiting for this day. Her husband will come home for Christmas leave from military service. It has been seventeen months since Jonghyun served in mandatory military service. They got married two months before his military service. That day was an unforgettable day of their lives. It was a simple beautiful classic wedding attended by their families, relatives, friends and colleagues. And unlike what they have imagined, their wedding news was accepted really well by both of their fans especially by burning souls, Jonghyun fans. They cheered for them and wished them a happy marriage life. They said that they always knew somehow that their Oppa will be the one who get married first, so they were not very surprised hearing the news. Although there was still some immature fans who stirred up some chaos on social media but all of it just calmed down after a while.

Jonghyun will be home at night as he said last night on the phone. So, Seungyeon still get plenty of time preparing all the things she needs to make him a hearty dinner later. Ever since Jonghyun met her Dad in WGM and asked her to learn cooking from her Dad, she has been learning how to cook diligently every time her schedule permits her. She now is able to cook Korean cuisine deliciously as Jonghyun likes Korean dish best. To kill her lone time while Jonghyun serves in military service, lately Seungyeon is also taking pastry class in between her schedule. She is really into cooking and baking recently that her parents and sisters whether she wants to take care of family business instead of being an actress.

By noon, she already finished her grocery shopping and gets ready to prepare for cooking when the door bell rang. It is her little sister Jungyeon who comes to visit her. Twice does not have any schedule before Christmas but unfortunately they will go to Hongkong on Christmas eve to perform there. That’s why Jungyeon visits her sister and she will also plan to visit her parents tomorrow before she leaves for Hongkong.

“Onniee.. Bogosippoo”, Jungyeon said while hugging her unnie tight.

Seungyeon hugs her back and smile, “ I miss you too Jungyeon aa.. How’s life? Do you eat regularly? You are getting skinnier”, Seungyeon examines her little sister closely.

Seungyeon pouts and said “Our schedule is really tight unnie,we are going to Hongkong on Christmas eve unnie,imagine that,, on Christmas eve. RIP my holiday”.

Seungyeon just laughs at her lil sis nag and said “Aigoo,, uri Jungyeoni.. Himneseyoo.. Unni will make you a delicious meal, arasseo..”, then Seungyeon drags her sister to the kitchen.

“Caaa.. You can start from washing the veggies Jungyeon a”, Seungyeon said as she busily takes out the groceries from the shopping bag.

“Yaa,,unniee..you said you’re gonna make me a delicious meal not to make me help you in the kitchen”, Jungyeon playfully scold her unnie.

“Well, now that you are here, of course you have to help me make the meals sister”, Seungyeon replied while sticking her tongue out.

They both chuckles. “Keundae unnie, why do you shop this much? It’s not like you knew I was coming right?” Jungyeon asked.

“Your brother in law will come home tonight, I’m gonna make him a hearty dinner. He must have been craving for home foods”, Seungyeon answered.

“Really, woooo.. Someone must be really happy right now”, Jungyeon teases her sister.

“Okay.. I guess I will help you cook otherwise bro in law will get severe stomachache later”, Jungyeon continues teasing her sister. 

"Yaaa... My cooking skill now has surpassed yours Jungyeon a,, Dad also approved that”, Seungyeon answered her sister.

And they both laughed. “Arasseo,, Arasseo..” Jungyeon said.

Then both of them busily prepare the meal while catching up with each other.

In the afternoon, both of them have finished cooking the meals. Seungyeon now prepares the table and ask Jungyeon to eat.

“Are we not gonna wait for bro in law first?”, Jungyeon ask her sister.

“Jonghyun oppa will be here around 8 so you should eat first. You must be really hungry now Jungyeon a”, Seungyeon explained while continues to prepare the table,

“Manhi mokkeo”, she said to Jungyeon.

“Arasseoo.. I’ll eat well unnie..”, Jungyeon start munching her early dinner happily. “Hmm..delicious unnie.. Woaaa.. Your cooking skill now is really daebak. Jonghyun oppa will fall in love with you again unnie”. Seungyeon just smiled at her sis.

At 6 pm Jungyeon told Seungyeon that she has to go back to JYPE building because of meeting with their CEO. She is sorry that she won’t be able to meet her brother in law but they promised that they will meet again few days later in their parents house.

“Thank you for helping me preparing the meals Jungyeon a”, Seungyeon said as she kisses her sister goodbye.

“No problem Unnie, besides I was granted with delicious meal from you Unnie. Jinjja,it was delicious. Have a good night with brother in law Unnie”, Jungyeon winks at her Unnie. “Send my greeting for brother in law Unnie. Anyeong!”.

“Nee.. I will tell him later. Anyeong Jungyeon a..”.

Seungyeon clean the kitchen, set the table again and run for a good shower before Jonghyun come home. Her heart is thumping as she really misses her husband. It has been almost three months that they couldn’t see each other. But they always make phone calls whenever they can to keep the communication run well. Seungyeon also pay her husband a visit every month regularly and bring him delicious home food.

“Nampyeon.. I miss you so much. Ppali waa..”, Seungyeon said while taking a shower.

 

ps. How's that reader nim? Please bear with me.. Jonghyun will make appaerance in the next chapter.. huehehe.. Be free to leave comments and suggestions.. kamsahamnida...