[ 1/? ]

Drabble #1 | Regret

 

 

They hurt each other but they always reconciled. Always.

 

Until one day, Baekhyun couldn’t take it anymore.

 

He’s done.

 

He’s done with all the shouts and tears.

 

So he broke it. He broke them apart. He loosened all the ties, he cut off all strings attached.

 

Chanyeol begged him to stay. He said he would change. But no, Baekhyun had enough. He said their love would last forever but he broke the promise. Simply because Chanyeol had broken it first.

 

It hurt like hell. He loved him with all his heart, mind and soul. But Baekhyun had made up his mind. He promised not to look back anymore. Not to look at them. Not to look at him.

 

It’s very hard at first, to let go of the man you’ve given all of your heart to.

 

But then he met Sehun. He was scared at first but day by day, Sehun convinced him and he started to trust the guy. He started to reopen his heart, giving Sehun the chance that was once wasted by Chanyeol.

 

Right, Chanyeol. The name still gave Baekhyun mixed feelings. His whispers, his touch, all of him still lingered.  But Baekhyun shook his head.

 

No. You can’t be like this, Baekhyun.

 

With all might, he pushed all those memories away and burned them so all that’s left was ashes. It’s killing him inside. He knew but he refused to admit it. He had Sehun now so there’s no more room for him. No more, he said.

 

//

 

Three years later, Sehun asked for his hand. He offered a commitment. He promised a lifetime. Any girl or guy would immediately say yes. He’s perfect. He was everyone’s dream guy. That’s why Baekhyun asked himself what’s stopping him from nodding his head yes.

 

Just say yes, dammit, his mind screamed. But his heart? It was the other way around and it frustrated him.

 

Come on, Baekhyun, you can do this.

 

So with that, he offered his hand for Sehun to take. He accepted the commitment. He accepted the lifetime.

 

Or so he thought.

 

//

 

Exactly one year later, they held their wedding ceremony. They had matching white suits. Sehun looked charming and Baekhyun looked gorgeous. Both of them were breath-taking. Anyone would definitely agree that they were the perfect couple. Baekhyun believed it too.

 

Or so he thought.

 

The moment before he went down the aisle, the name echoed in his mind once more. It sent shivers to his back and his knees went weak.

 

Why now, dammit?! Why now when he’s about to exchange vows with the man he loved?

 

Baekhyun fought with himself. Today’s his wedding day so why the hell was he thinking of another man? The man who broke his heart, who broke him, wasn’t worth to think of.

 

So with wobbly steps, he walked along the aisle, put on his best smile, eyes focused on his future husband.

 

Or so he thought.

 

Sehun took his hand and declared, “I do,” with no hesitation.

 

But when it’s Baekhyun’s turn to declare, he stopped. He froze. The words were at the tip of his tongue but they won’t come out. Baekhyun tried so hard but he failed.

 

It was an impulsive act at that moment. He didn’t know why all of the sudden he took several steps back. He couldn’t believe himself when he said,

 

“No. I—I’m sorry.”

 

Sehun was shocked. Baekhyun was too. But he found himself running towards the church’s wooden door.

 

Jongdae, Baekhyun’s best friend, caught his wrist when he was about to push the door.

 

“Baekhyun, what the hell are you doing?!”

 

“Jongdae, I—Chanyeol.. I need Chanyeol.”

 

“Baek—“

 

“I need him, Jongdae.”

 

“Baekhyun—“

 

“I need to talk to him. I need to apologize. I need to say sorry.”

 

“Baekhyun, stop.”

 

“Jongdae, please. I need—“

 

“Baekhyun, listen to me. You can’t.”

 

“W-what..?”

 

“You can’t because you won’t find him.”

 

“Wait—what? What do you mean I won’t find him? He’s probably at home playing his guitar or something.”

 

“No, Baek.”

 

“Jongdae—“

 

“You won’t find him in his house. You won’t find him at work. You won’t find him anywhere because he’s already gone, Baek. His plane took off an hour ago.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Congratulations, Baek. He’s one very lucky guy. I know because I’ve been there before. But I blew it.

 

Not one single day spent without regretting the mistake I’ve done, the fool I was.

 

I hope he makes you happy. I really do.

 

I’m sorry. I love you, Baek. I love you so much. You will always be my everything.

 

 

Good bye.

 

 


 

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH so um i'm gonna go 

k bye ;;)

@yourelephantsky