Final

Fireworks

 

Explosion after explosion the sky lit up in a colored frenzy. Small bullets shot the sky, breaking midway, sending arrays of colors outward from the bullet, forming a circle. My eyes blinked mindlessly as it happened, engorged in the man made beauty being thrown at the sky, staying for only a moment before dripping and sliding away. The noise caused from the bullets made my ear drums ache, and I could only barely hear the voice whispering “Saranghae~” in my ear as his arms wrapped tighter around my waist. I smiled, glancing over at him after a pause in the sky. His nose was nuzzled behind my ear, mouth on it, smile in place.

 

“In English please.” His eyes opened, and his gaze caught mine before a grin spread over his face.

 

“I love you...” He spoke quietly before closing his eyes again, attacking my neck with a series of kisses. His arms rolled me over and onto his chest, my head falling onto his shoulder as I giggled. “Shh...” He shushed me, and I was reminded then that we were alone, and we were going to keep it that way. If the others heard us and found us, we would lose the only chance we had to be alone in months.

 

I raised my hand and rested it over his heart, moving my mouth right next to his ear and quietly speaking into it. “I love you too...”

 

Under my hand I felt his heart increase in speed and the moving of muscles as his hands went to my face, gently moving it in front of his his. Our eyes locked for a moment, glazed -melted onto each others gaze before my lips settled on top of his. Our eyelids slid shut, and I listened to his heartbeat through the palm of my hand.