Away From Here

Hello Yesterday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] CHAPTER | 03 [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

When morning arrives, Jisoo’s voice can already be heard downstairs even as Jeonghan is barely opening his eyes. That best friend of his always followed him everywhere which may be a reason why he won’t admit about his crush on Seungcheol although Jeonghan felt it was quite obvious. But that’s also why Jeonghan never once accepted Seungcheol’s confessions, he and Jisoo just knew each other too well to not be aware of each other’s likes and unlikes.

 

“The diary…” Jeonghan muttered. He had to hide it before Jisoo gets ahold of it. It’d be a hassle to have to explain or make up excuses.

 

“Jeonghan!” The pretty boy hears as the door behind him slams open and Jisoo appears with furrowed eyebrows.

 

“H-Hey…” Jeonghan smiles lopsidedly as he attempts to make a way towards the closet with the diary held tightly towards his chest.

 

“Why are you so suspicious this morning?” Jisoo asks sarcastically, a wicked smirk decorating his adorably handsome face.

 

“W-what are you even--” Jeonghan doesn’t even get to finish his question because he bumps his poor leg into the basket of laundry clothes his mother left in his room. The pretty male screeches once he falls on his bottom, letting go of the diary.

 

“Your diary? You were still writing in that?!” Jisoo laughs as he saunters over, picking up the book. Jeonghan gives up and lets Jisoo flip through the pages full of giggles. Jisoo doesn't pay much attention to the words written down though, he had just wanted to make fun of his friend but turning that many pages at that speed caused a mysterious photo to fall out. Immediately, he picks it up to observe and his expression turns into a frown.

 

“What is it?” Jeonghan asks, walking over to obtain the thin piece of photography. He, too, stares at the picture confusedly. It’s himself-- smiling next to a strange boy. The stranger has his arms wrapped around Jeonghan and they’re both standing in front of a large christmas tree, the lights around them shining brilliantly. The date at the bottom of the photo says December 25, 2008--Christmas day.

 

Jeonghan nibbles at the bottom of his lip while observing closer. His mind doesn’t remember the boy but somehow he whispers ‘Wonwoo’ who has ceased to exist within everyone else’s memories. What did Wonwoo even look like? He had become faceless to Jeonghan at this point. Where did Wonwoo go? Why has everyone forgotten him? What did he really look like? Jeonghan had become puzzled but somewhere inside him, Jeonghan knew Wonwoo was probably the key to all unrevealed mysteries of this incomprehensible cycle and the answer to his and everyone’s missing memories.

 

“Who is that boy?” Jisoo inquires. Jeonghan gazes at Jisoo momentarily, examining his facial expressions--the way one of his eyebrow raises and his arms now crossed at his chest.

 

“I think it’s Wonwoo but it’s vague. I can’t remember well…”

 

“And Wonwoo is?”

 

Jeonghan sighs at his friend before locking gazes with him. “Do you really not remember?”

 

“What do you mean?” Jisoo really seems to have no clue but Jeonghan is sure Wonwoo was attending school with them at one point of their lives.

 

“Why doesn’t anyone remember him?” Jeonghan mumbles dejectedly.

 

Jeonghan doesn’t let the thought go away. Even at school, he is continuously asking the students and teachers if they remember the mysterious boy but somehow, the name Wonwoo doesn’t ring a bell for anyone. He also didn’t remember exactly when Wonwoo transferred in as well but he knew he had to find the boy somehow. Maybe there is a way to save Mingyu...and maybe Wonwoo knows it. But why is it that Seungcheol no longer remembers Wonwoo when he remembered him not too long ago? Jeonghan knew of Wonwoo’s existence, that’s for sure.

 

Through all his classes, Jeonghan can’t help staring at Mingyu’s dull expression. The handsome boy doesn’t show much emotions, always gazing out the window with eyes that seem to have no color. What was Mingyu’s world like and what was he going through? Jeonghan couldn’t see through the latter’s facade but he knew he had to find out what triggered Mingyu to murder his own father that day. There had to be a way for destiny to be rewritten.

 

Jeonghan realized there was one person left who knew of Wonwoo. Could Mingyu have remembered Wonwoo? Jeonghan puts it on his list to ask th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter