One Night Only

Butterfly

Chapter 11  

Earn stared at his ceiling and sighed, like he been doing for about two hours. He looked over at the clock on his bedside table and sighed again as it read 4:38am. He heard a tap on his window and immediately sat up.

"Earn!" He smiled as he realized it was Pete. He walked over to the window, unlocking it.

"Another nightmare?" Earn asked as he grabbed a hot towel from the bathroom.

"No." Pete replied as he plopped down on Earn's bed.

"Then what's wrong?" Earn sat next to Pete and turned to listen.

"Nothing, just wanted to see you." Earn smiled and so did Pete.

"I'm actually really tired, do you mind if I lay down?"

"Go ahead, I'll go take a shower since I'm up anyway."

"Ok."

Earn came out of the bathroom thirty minutes to find a snoring Pete sprawled out on his bed. He smiled and got his bed, keeping a little space between the two. Pete unconciously shifted and was a little closer to Earn now, his leg draped over Earn's thigh. Earn was getting nervous as he realized there were many ways he could take advantage of this situation. He attempted to move Pete's leg and scoot farther away from several times but everytime he seemed to get closer. Earn could feel Pete's breath on his face and visibly gulped. Pete's eyes were still closed but he was leaning closer to Earn, hands coming around the others waist and gripping tighter. Earn didn't move as the space between them got smaller; it wasn't that he couldn't, it was that he didn't want to. He closed his eyes and leaned in also, not really caring what happened.

He hadn't been this close to Pete since they went to the bar and he wasn't gonna give up this chance, even if it will cause him pain in the future. His mind went blank as they're lips met, colliding like perfect stars. He pulled Pete impossibly closer to him as the kiss got more intense, tongues battling for dominance. He felt Pete's shaky hand slide up his shirt, sliding across his chest. "Earn..." Pete said breathlessly as they pulled apart, hands intertwining. On the outside Earn was smiling but on the outside he was screaming.

What did he just do?

His smile faded as his mind cleared. He sat up and ran his fingers through his hair as the room became to hot.

"Earn? What's wrong?"

"I shouldn't have done that, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

"Earn what happened? Why are you apologising?" Pete asked sitting up.

"You don't understand..."

"Earn!" Pete gave Earn a hard slap across face. "Tell me right now! Why are you freaking out over a kiss? Is it because I'm a guy?"

"No! It's not that I didn't enjoy the kiss, it's just I shouldn't have kissed you."

"Why??? Is there someone else? Are you dating someone?" "That's not it either!"

"Then what is? I don't understand!" There was a reason. Earn's heart would already be in tatters when Pete died, he didn't need anymore pain. He would have been okay, but now he's not sure anymore.

"I know what's gonna happen! Your gonna go to Brazil and your gonna die-" Earn put his hand over his mouth, he handn't mean to say that.

"What are you talking about? Dying? Are you talking about my surgery in Brazil?"

"How'd you know?"

"Look Earn, it's a simple surgery! They are just removing a tumor!"

"What does that mean?"

"It means, I'm coming back home to you." ___________________________________ A/N: sorry I Haven't updated because of finals and stuff but I'm back! And I'm also sorry about this short chapter, just a little something!