Thimble and Acorn

I Shall Know What a Kiss Is When You Give Me One

Sehun giggled. He loved performing, loved the fans, loved his bandmates, but things could get repetitive and he just had to spice things up sometimes. They all messed around onstage, but he gave himself a pat on the back for coming up with what he thought was far and away the best game yet. Best onstage game ever. Oh Sehun. Champion.

 

The freeze in Peter Pan was just too tempting to pass up. His power as the only one who could move around went straight to his head, and the fans LOVED it. He’d been taking it in turns to position other bandmates and try to get them to kiss, which always led to deafening screams from the Dome crowds. He was the Kissing Hero of the Japan Domes. Jongdae was his favorite target of the moment - he would always try to squirm away from the partner, or partners, Sehun chose for him, while the other inevitably just dove in harder. It usually ended up in a flailing mass of arms and hats and kissy faces. Jongdae had played right into his hands by turning it around on him at the Osaka Dome. Everyone would be expecting him to seek revenge for how Dae had whirled and kissed him instead of going with the flow as Sehun pushed his and Minseok’s faces together.

 

Oh no no. It was the perfect smokescreen. And now Oh Sehun, Gay Stuff Facilitator Extraordinaire, was going to use his powers for good.

 

He chose his first victim, quickly pulling the hat down over his eyes so the poor sap wouldn’t be able to see where Sehun was steering him, or who else he picked. He wheeled on lucky victim number two, pulling his hat down over his eyes as well before pushing him to the middle of the stage. A short sprint back to Victim One and some careful pushes to center stage, and his master plan was almost complete.

 

Hands were arranged on shoulders and hips, heads were tilted, and faces were edged as close together as Sehun could manage without wrecking the whole thing. He had to lead these horses to water but he couldn’t make them...kiss? It didn’t matter. This was gonna work. Considering how loudly the fans were screaming at this point, he really REALLY hoped it was gonna work. He was risking an -kicking either way.

 

Quick as he could, Sehun knocked the hats off their heads, and there stood Kim Jongin and Do Kyungsoo, blinking in the light, their mouths bare inches apart. Sehun stayed entirely still, staring very very very hard, his face contorting from smile to nervous grimace to outright terror.

 

Jongin and Kyungsoo just looked at each other for a moment, then eyes flicked down to lips. Sehun thought it was Jongin who looked down first, but there was no way to be sure. Then, with just the smallest move forward, the two of them were kissing. Sehun hadn’t thought the crowd could get any louder, but they managed it somehow.

 

It was just a little kiss, a press of lips to lips, but it was so goddamn long in coming and band members and audience alike were shrieking and You’re Welcome Everyone Involved, Love Oh Sehun.

 

Kyungsoo took half a step forward to press his body to Jongin’s, who in turn started to curl his hand around the base of Kyungsoo’s neck and wrap an arm around his waist. Before things went any further though, they broke apart, smiling. They just stood there, pressing their foreheads together and blushing and grinning so hard they nearly caused rainbows to sprout from the earth and kittens to pop into existence.

 

The audience had basically combusted, and the rest of the band couldn’t contain themselves either. Junmyeon was looking on with a huge smile, like the proud mother he was. Beagle line burst into an improvised song, half taunting chant and half perfect harmony on the theme of “Dika, Dika, Kadi, Kaisoo!” Minseok just ran around the stage, laughing and howling and punching the air.

 

When Sehun fell screaming onto the stage at their feet, Kyungsoo and Jongin remembered the world around them and actually stepped away from each other. Soo covered his face with his hands, groaning out an “Aigoo…” that sent the crowd into renewed screams. Jongin tried to hide by pressing his face into Jun’s chest as hard as he possibly could. Neither of them had stopped smiling, though.

 

Sehun, for his part, was still on his back on the stage, his arms and legs pinwheeling madly in the air. “I DID IT!!” He screeched. “I AM THE BEST! I AM AMAZING! ONE MILLION POINTS TO OH SEHUN, YES YES YES!”

 

It wasn’t until he was backstage after the show that Sehun got the punch he had prepared himself for. Kyungsoo’s knuckles connected with his upper arm just enough to hurt, but there was no power behind the blow and Kyungsoo was grinning. His other hand was caught up in Jongin’s.

 

Oh Sehun, God of Romance.