Maker's Call, Fool's Quarrels and Insanity Check

A Fangirl and Her Jock Boyfriend

 

The sun was already glaring down at Korea's capital. The time was two hours prior noon, and the summer heat was starting to fade away into the autumn dews. The busy streets filled with vendors and the slow traffic rush, children running around the school playgrounds, while the young generation trapped within four white walls, dreadfully listening the monotone teachings of an underpaid educator.
 
A typical weekday morning.
 
Waking up to her blaring ringtone, the law student resisted the urge to hurl her phone against the green wall opposite her bed. However the device warned her exactly the identity of her caller, as it boomed out her mother's name repeatedly. Eunji thought she was being rather clever when she assigned that tone to her makers contact details.
 
"Ma?" She answered, making sure to clear and voice of any evident of sleep in it.
 
"Are you still sleeping?!"
 
"No, just reading through my notes before class" Lying as she stifled a yawn, before finally sitting up from her slumbering posture. Her mother didn't need to know that she's skipped her morning lectures that day, or the day before that. As long as she was in Uni by noon for her seminars, where attendance actually counted, it's all good. "What's up?"
 
"Good.…. Nothing just wanted to check if you're awake,"
 
"Yeah I have been for awhile now. Actually just got home again from a lecture earlier, forgot some files at home."
 
"Ah okay…. Urm… so I was wondering if you're still coming over this weekend?"
 
"Yeah, I've got a three day holiday and I miss you." The third year university student childishly voicing out her emotions. She hadn't seen the older woman for about three months now, and she was going to take advantage of every or in this case the only holiday she has to see Mrs Jung.
 
"Awww I miss my baby too! Alright then, I'll cook all your favourite meals when you get home."
 
"Yay! I really do have the best mama!" Now would be the good time to break the news to her, when the mood is all good and naturally flowing. "Urm… Mama?…"
 
"Yes?" Well now that was curt and abrupt
 
"Ah would it be alright if Chanyeol comes along too?" Eunji holds her breath, anticipating all the arguments her single-parent would come up with.
 
"Oh but I thought it'll just be the two of us?…. But it's okay, I guess"
 
"It will just be the two of us! He'll just come over the first night and stay, then he'll go home to his place. You know how he is, he feels like his already apart of this family. Plus aside from his dad, we both know he doesn't get along with his mom or any of his relatives for that matter." It mattered not that her counter arguments were valid, she still felt bad for the small possibility of disappointing her mom.
 
"One night…? That's fine then. I'll see you two when you get home, text me the timings of when your train will arrive."
 
"Okay I'll do that now. Love you."
 
"Love you too."
 
That was the end of that wake up call. Regardless if it's a phone call, skype or face-to-face conversation,  Mrs. Jung can instantly put her daughter in an emotional roller coaster ride within a matter of seconds. Thankfully that went a lot better then she thought it would.
 
With a sigh, she finally stood out of the bed and ventured into the shared bathroom, for a quick shower, knowing full well who was going to accompany her the rest of the day. Despitethe fact that the boy is with her for he last three years, the least she can do is shower for him, as much as she would love to stay in her pjs. Showers have always been the place for solitude, all those memes about it on tumblr surely originated from some truth.
 

 
"Morning, Ji."
 
"Morning, Mi" The smell of freshly brewed coffee evident in their tiny kitchen.  Boomi stood by the kitchen counter, hot tea in one hand and her phone in the other, her fingers rapidly typing away to Kim Jongdae. Or so Eunji suspected. It was obvious to everyone and their mothers that something was going on between Jongdae and Boomi, but neither one had admitted to the speculations or rumours about it each other. But one would need to be either blind, or Jongdae and Boomi, not to see that the two was obviously crazy about each other. 
 
“Eunji, I don’t understand how someone can be this stupid! I mean look.” Her best friend’s face scandalous as she shoved her phone right in front of Eunji. 
 
‘From Jongdae’ (Eunji almost snorted at her correct assumption on who the sender was) ‘: Wait so if it’s Tuesday today, that means I have a game?’ 
 
The law student bit down her lower lip to try and suppress a smile from emanating. Typical Jongdae, always trying to stir up Boomi. She knew for the fact that the male was only saying such things to rile her best friend up, as the man does every time they’re always together and apparently when their not either. He was doing a good job too, as Eunji watched her friend’s face flushed with annoyance and a tad bit of worry in her dark orbs. 
 
“You do realise that Chanyeol literally lives in the same house as Jongdae right? I highly doubt that, that freak of nature, obsessed with baseball would let anyone forget theirs a game tonight."
 
The glare she received from the psychology student was surely meant for Jongdae and not her, “Oh my God you’re right.” Boomi exclaimed as she shot a more friendly, yet still shocked look back at her friend, before the girl presses on the text mate’s contact and proceeded to call the man and curse him to oblivion. Something about trying to make a fool of her. Eunji does nothing but waves at her friend good bye, taking her own cup of coffee and venturing back into her room. Not wanting to interrupt a ‘lovers’ quarrel. 
 

 
‘Text from Poop: I got donuts and croissants.'
 
‘Text to Poop: Good. Just turned the kettle on for your tea'
 
‘Text from Poop: Alright, be there at five, Jagi'
 
Three years down the line and Chanyeol calling her such endearments has her still blushing as though it’s the first time his ever called her those names. Yet thinking about it now, he might as well, considering the fact that they usually prefer to be called by their own names, when their not calling each other by derogatory terms. The latter thought making her snort and smile after, acknowledging the warm feeling that her relationship with the baseball player has reached that point where their purely true and comfortable with each other. 
 
Eyes flicking towards her highlighted text and colour coordinated notes, Eunji sighs as she thinks about how much more reading she needs to go over and how little time she has before her exam in a fortnight. With an irritated whine, she shoves her academic tools away, and pays attention to the blinking curser of laptop in front of her. Staring at the blank screen, as though she was waiting for something to be typed out magically. A couple of seconds later, another frustrated whine comes from her; a writers block plus no motivation, a perfect combination to start questioning about life choices. 
 
Walking in without knocking, that’s how Chanyeol found his girlfriend. The young woman staring blanking at her plain walls and murmuring to herself, a scene that would befitting a patient in a mental institute and apparently a law student’s room. “Hey crazy, want me to come back later when you’re done having a one-on-one talk with the wall?"
 
Eunji chuckles as she turned to look at tall male by her doorway, her eyes gentle as they met his, she offers him a small exhausted smile, before her attention drifted towards the goods in his hands. “Food!” She exclaims, reaching out her hands in grabbing motions. 
 
“You only like me for my catering skills."
 
“Yeah, basically."
 
“Yah. Jung Eunji."
 
“Yes, Park Chanyeol, how can I help you?"
 
“At this rate, by not finishing off both our breakfast."
 
“Our breakfast? I thought this was all mine.” Eunji pouted at her boyfriend, speaking with a mouthful as she bit down on a chocolate donut, while gesturing for at the hot mug of tea she had prepared for him before he arrived. Chanyeol in response just rolled his eyes, then proceeded to shed his clothes, taking off his hoodie first before casually tossing the garment at her, knowing full well how much the girl liked wearing his clothes, much to his own pleasure. There was something territorial about one’s girlfriend wearing her significant other’s clothes, for one thing if anyone were to ever see her with his hoodie they practically knew who she belonged to. 
 
Shaking his head off that last thought, if Eunji ever found out that he referred to her as his ‘possession’ she’ll flip tables and would start ranting about how much of an ‘strong, independent woman’ she is. Without a doubt, Chanyeol whole heartedly agrees with her, in fact those confident qualities is what he fell for in the first place. But having to listen to it almost everyday, can just be a tad bit tiresome. Now, down to his boxers and a white-T, the baseball player leaned forward to share a small kiss with his girl, before grabbing a hold of her laptop and connecting it to his usb. 
 
Automatically Eunji picks herself up and flops down on the bed next to him, grabbing a ordinary glazed donut, and proceeded on to feed Chanyeol. Who at this point, was transferring movies and shows that he downloaded the previous evening to her Mac, for them binge watch until they needed to leave for their afternoon class. 
 
“You reckon you’ll beat them this time around?"
 
“Yes Ma’am."
 
“Good. If you lose again, you know I’ll never let you leave it down right?” A blatant lie, but good enough to motivate him. 
 
“That’s exactly the reason why I’m going to win this game.” Chanyeol sparing her a mocking smile, which Eunji was more then ready to return. “You’ll be coming to the after party tonight won’t you? It’ll be at ’Naughts’ per usual."
 
“I don’t know… do you want me too?"
 
“Yes. Otherwise what’ll you do here? Talk to the wall?"
 
“Yah! I could study, you know!"
 
“Uh huh, sure you will babes."
 
“Well I could be! In fact I—"
 
“Ah No.” Chanyeol abruptly stops her talking by suddenly passionately kissing her, biting down on her lower lip, enjoying the extra sweetness of her taste due to their breakfast. Retreating back only when they were both out of breath, he continues to whisper, “I’m saving you from your own insanity crazy. It’s one night, Ji, you can afford to be away from your blank word page."
 
After all these years, three to be exact, Chanyeol can still make her blush like the night he asked her out. Trying to cover up the giddy and swooning feeling, she managed to scowl at him despite her red face. Rolling her eyes, before nodding in agreement to his wishes. In return her boyfriend, this time around, provided her with a gentle kiss. Sighing against his chapped yet soft lips, a content and a reassuring feeling settles within her.
 
Dating one of the most popular guys in university nevertheless can make a girl insecure every now and then, no matter how confident and sure she is of herself. Even though Eunji was genuinely relaxed and whole heartedly trusted Chanyeol, neither of them could help it that there were still other individuals out there making themselves and their intentions known to the captain of the baseball team. Though as charming as the architect major can be, Chanyeol has yet to fail reminding people that he was already a spoken for man. If not downright politely rejecting others, the first person aside from his team he can be seen with was Eunji. Running to her with a wide grin on after a win or a solemn walk accompanied by a deflated expression after a lose, either of which always ended with his arms wrapped around her, pulling Eunji into a dear embrace. 
 
With a final peck on her temple, he pulled her towards him, making sure they were both snuggled underneath her blanket as he turned the laptop towards her slightly. “Downloaded the latest episode of Orange is the New Black or we can jump straight into Reply 1997 or the Heirs?” 
 
“I’m actually in the mood for How to get away with Murder…"
 
“Killer lawyers it is then. You know Jagi, if law doesn’t work out for you, I’ll totally help you hide dead bodies."
 
“You probably can’t if it’s your body that needs hiding, you ."
 
“Just when I thought you couldn’t get anymore more frightening…"
 
“Shut it, Jagi and press play."
 
“Yes Ma’am.” 
 

First Chapter! Sorry for the late and pretty sure grammatically and error filled update, peeps! OTL
I'll try to get the next chapter up if not this weekend then the next~ 
Good luck to those who are having an exam, while having fun chilling to those who just finished theres! 
Don't forget to subscribe, upvote and comment please!

Here a gif of Yeol keeping ChenChen on a leash ;)