Birthdays (2PM Nichkhun)

KPOP Requests

It’s June 22, the day your boyfriend, Nichkhun and you decided to celebrate your birthdays together. You decided to stay in for the occasion and just have a relaxing evening together.

The two of you were in the kitchen cooking dinner together, which you guys haven’t done since before 2PM’s last comeback. You guys still love doing stuff like this, nonetheless; cooking together always produced the most laughs.

“Honey, try this,” Nichkhun says as he shoves a spoon into your mouth before you can say anything. He laughs as you start coughing. “Is it good?”

When you finish coughing you smack him playfully. “It’s fine, but give me a chance before you put something in my mouth.” He raises an eyebrow at your statement, earning another smack from you knowing exactly what he was thinking. “You know what I mean, you ert!”

You sit down first, waiting for Khun to sit down with you before you serve yourself. He finally comes to the table and you start to reach for one of the serving spoons.

“Jagi, stop,” he says, pushing your hand away gently. “I’ll serve us.”

“Are you sure, oppa?” you ask, looking at him with wide eyes.

He places a kiss on your head and laughs. “Of course I’m sure!”

As you two eat dinner, you can’t help but be overflowing with joy. You had always enjoyed your time with Nichkhun, especially when you two were alone. This night feels so much better than most as you realize how luck you are to have such a thoughtful boyfriend. Everything feels so right,

*****

You finish washing the dishes and go to the living room to exchange gifts. You give Nichkhun his gift first. It’s just a small drawing and two friend ship bracelets - one for him and one for you. “I know it’s not much, but I didn’t have enough money to buy you wha-” You’re cut off by a soft, sweet kiss.

“I love it,” Nichkhun says as he pulls away. “You made these yourself. It can’t get better than this, [Y/N]. I love it so much. Here, give me your hand, I’ll put the bracelet on now.” He takes your hand lightly and ties the bracelet, you doing the same afterward.

You see him take his present out of his pocket. It’s a small blue box, and you can only imagine what it could be. You try to calm down, not wanting to jump to conclusions.

He opens the box and you see two rings. “I wanted to get you an engagement ring, but I found these couple rings and thought they would be a good substitute.” 

A tear escapes and you hug him excitedly. Pulling back you say, “I love it! Why do you have to one-up me all the time.”

He laughs before kissing you and putting one of the rings on your finger. “At least you made yours,” he whispers as he pulls you into a hug.